In-depth review: Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 running iOS 8

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66

Thanks for the great review, DED.

I see that most of the benchmarks favour the 6 over the 6 Plus, so Apple has made the 6 the top phone in most respects. 

I don't like the protruding lens or the on/off switch on the side. I think this will be a phone that's worth keeping in Apple's leather case for better grip.

I will wait to see what iPads Apple bring out next month before committing. There's still an outside chance that I go with a 5s if a giant iPad is introduced.

• Reply 62 of 66

Finally the review is out, thanks DED!

And great job, PhilBoogie! That comment of yours was about the most funny sarcastic thing I've read past few days! :)

• Reply 63 of 66
    helia wrote: »
    Finally the review is out, thanks DED!

And great job, PhilBoogie! That comment of yours was about the most funny sarcastic thing I've read past few days! :)

Was fun doing it.

And yes, great article from DED.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The move is designed to make it easier to use with one hand, but ironically it's now virtually impossible to do a one-handed screen shot.

I just tried this on my 5S, and found it pretty close to impossible to do with one hand already.  Not sure this works as a criticism.

• Reply 65 of 66
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Apple also enables "cinematic video stabilization" to help smooth out camera movement while recording, taking advantage of the iSight sensor's much higher than 1080p resolution to essentially crop away motion.

Great idea that they opted for this instead of forcing 4k on the cpu and gpu when it's not ready for prime time yet.