After Apple Inc. dodged the iPhone 6 Plus BendGate bullet, detractors wounded by ricochet

Comments

• Reply 61 of 429
    I'm sure next year's models will be prefaced by the techie boyz with "After the embarrassing debacle of easily bent iPhone 6 Plus phones..." Because manufactroversies always stick in peoples' minds.
  • Reply 62 of 429
    I'm sure next year's models will be prefaced by the techie boyz with "After the embarrassing debacle of easily bent iPhone 6 Plus phones..." Because manufactroversies always stick in peoples' minds.

Indeed; even if they turn out to be true…
  • Reply 63 of 429
    rogifan wrote: »
    You know if a shareholder is unhappy with a company they're invested in they can sell their stock. Perhaps that's what Benjamin Frost needs to do.

I think it's Constable Odo posting under a new alias....
  • Reply 64 of 429
    smaceslin wrote: »

Actually the iBook and Cube design were quite good.  Still have my Graphite iBook and works great - and the design was great for it's time.  As for the cube, the only real downside was the cost at release.  I purchased one off ebay a few years ago for a great price and it works like a champ.

The Cube is still the most beautiful computer I've ever owned. By a long shot. I'll bet the only ones complaining about it are those who couldn't afford it.
  • Reply 65 of 429
    Just a genuine question here ... I respect DED's talent so I wonder if this is American English vs UK English at work ... In this paragraph, I'd use 'run' not 'ran'. Please educate me fellow Americans who grew up here .. "Apple ran out '... or 'Apple had run out ...' is UK English.

Embarrassed by its own products (which it called "plastic feeling" with "lack of key feature"), Samsung worked to invent and perpetuate the idea among bloggers and even the mainstream media that Apple had ran out of "innovation," even as the company also copied every move Apple made. The "lack of innovation" meme reached peak insanity in 2013 before crumbling very embarrassingly.

It's just poor English. Or perhaps sloppy editing, something that AI is not unknown for....
  • Reply 66 of 429
    It's just poor English. Or perhaps sloppy editing, something that AI is not unknown for....

If there is only a single typo in such a long article that is exceptional for any internet-based journalism in the 21st century.
  • Reply 67 of 429
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,669member
    Now that the bafoonery is being evaporated by the bright light of truth we can now concentrate on enjoying the fruits of Apple's labor.

Just received shipping notification that my 128 GB Silver Six Plus will arrive on October 2. When I pre-ordered the expected delivery was between October 15-20. I hope all of you who were on backorder for the Six and Six Plus have similar good news this week.

Glad to see Apple and their partners have kept their eyes on the prize while the parade of clowns that puts on their yearly show after big Apple announcements completed their theatrical performance. At least we got something to laugh at while we anxiously awaited the arrival of our new digital companions.

Let's all give a polite golf clap to the entertainers as they move along. See ya'll next year! Start working on your new material. We're counting on you for a laugh or two and some idle distraction to make the wait easier and less boring. Move along now...
  • Reply 68 of 429
    It,s still almost impossible to get iPhones 6 or 6 anywhere... When is the last time there was a line to purchase any Samsung, Htc, or any other mfgr's devices? I think never. Enough said!
  • Reply 69 of 429
    dacloo wrote: »
    Well, that's like your opinion, man.

Why was the author of this article so threatened he felt the need to write this questionable article? This is really yet amother "fanboy article" defending Apple at no cost. It's full of assumptions and big statements. I'm fine with that but why not label this an "opinion piece"?

Well. The last time I checked, this is still a apple fan site AND a blog. In case you need some help:

BLOG
    noun
    a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.
  • Reply 70 of 429
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

lotsa irrelevant stuff

You really need to find “da cloo” ‘cause you ain’t got one...

• Reply 71 of 429
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Just a genuine question here ... I respect DED's talent so I wonder if this is American English vs UK English at work ... In this paragraph, I'd use 'run' not 'ran'. Please educate me fellow Americans who grew up here .. "Apple ran out '... or 'Apple had run out ...' is UK English.

Embarrassed by its own products (which it called "plastic feeling" with "lack of key feature"), Samsung worked to invent and perpetuate the idea among bloggers and even the mainstream media that Apple had ran out of "innovation," even as the company also copied every move Apple made. The "lack of innovation" meme reached peak insanity in 2013 before crumbling very embarrassingly.

"...had ran out..." is incorrect grammar. I think he wanted to say "had run out" (past perfect tense).

• Reply 72 of 429
    Excellent editorial. I have forwarded this to all my friends that already emailed me saying that they believe Apple really screwed up this time ... the same people that believed all the previous false crap. So I loved how this editorial included all those too in a great overall wrap up of all the lies.

I'm hoping my anti-Apple friends are embarrassed enough to finally learn not t be so fracking gullible next time they read some stupid faked story about a new Apple product immediately after its release ... and we all know there will be a next time! Frankly I am getting to the point they are so tiresome I might just stop listening to these folks, like I have the non science believing twerps. Life is too short to waste energy trying to educate the willfully, ignorantly stupid ... /rant

I have no anti-Apple friends. ;-)
  • Reply 73 of 429
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    rogifan wrote: »
    You know if a shareholder is unhappy with a company they're invested in they can sell their stock. Perhaps that's what Benjamin Frost needs to do.

I think it's Constable Odo posting under a new alias....

Don't think so. Odo is clearly a Poe (and quite funny at times). Frost has simply become a run-of-the-mill troll with no pretence of serious discussion.
  • Reply 74 of 429
    The Apple Store near me STILL had a line yesterday afternoon when I walked by (a shorter reservation line, but still a line). The tables where the iPhone 6/6P were being displayed were so full you'd have to wait before you could even try one.

I just have to laugh at all the losers who try so hard to smear Apple (that includes everyone from trolls spamming comment sections to blog/tech writers) almost like they're on a crusade. And despite all this Apple comes away selling record numbers and has the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. No wonder they're all so angry. I'd be angry too if I stood on a street corner trying to evangelize the public and going home to bed realizing nobody cares what you have to say.

Oct 21st and Jan 20th are going to be banner days for Apple (and grief /sorrow for everyone else making smartphones).
  • Reply 75 of 429

FUD de Jour coming out of the collective backsides of Apple competitors and haters.

• Reply 76 of 429

"Apple wants to promote about its latest iPhone models: their larger screen size and thinner body that makes them still quite easy to use with one hand."

So now after all these years a bigger screen smart device is able to be used with one hand because Apple did it? Even tho both iPhones are bigger in size than other smart devices?

• Reply 77 of 429

What the author is missing, is that normal people are not even remotely paying attention to what he's trying to point out. All people are hearing is that the iPhone bends easily. I'm hearing it every single day now. 

• Reply 78 of 429
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    freediverx wrote: »
    it's not an Americanism. It was a typo.

Ok thanks good to know.
  • Reply 79 of 429
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    I have no anti-Apple friends. ;-)

I am rapidly heading in that direction ... :)
  • Reply 80 of 429
    dacloo wrote: »
    Well, that's like your opinion, man.

Why was the author of this article so threatened he felt the need to write this questionable article?
    I'm fine with that but why not label this an "opinion piece"?

Senator Mitch McConnell, is that you?