T-Mobile CEO John Legere says iPhone 6 demand 'unbelievable,' not affected by bogus 'bendgate'

2456

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 112
    muadibemuadibe Posts: 134member
    Did Chinese regulators already approve the 6's for sale?

    Yes, they did. Goes on sale on 10/17 I believe.

    There is a Chinese site tracking preorders. Sale.jd.com

    The latest numbers are 3,906,817 orders for iphone 6 and 4,041,095 orders for the 6 Plus.

    I imagine it will hit 8 million by the end of the day.
  • Reply 22 of 112
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

    Here's to the crazy ones!

  • Reply 23 of 112
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    macvicta wrote: »
    It's not a catastrophe that will bring the company down. Most iPhone users will be uneffected, able to use their devices fine. But the bending issue is a serious matter. There's a weak point near the volume buttons that can lead to fracture with enough force applied. So long as Apple fixes it and replaces naturally broken devices under warranty, then all will be fine. Maybe these are the 9 people who (at the time) contacted Apple.

    And no one can deny that the iPhone 6 is a structurally weaker device than the phone it replaced. We should want Apple to increase durability from generation to generation, not step backward. A slightly thicker iPhone 6 with a bigger battery would not effect usability.

    Legere: This is an amazing supercomputer in your hand. What the f– are you putting it in your pants and sitting on it for? Seriously.
  • Reply 24 of 112

    My family of five switched from AT&T to T-Mobile after many years with those losers. Actually we were the losers for staying so long? Anyway, we got two new iPhone 6's and one iPhone 5s and a cheapy flip phone and a separately purchased One Plus One phone all for $184 per month.

    Not bad at all. And no contract!!!

  • Reply 25 of 112
    mr o wrote: »
    Bend Man is back with an uncut version of bending an iPhone 6+.


    He seems to be hurt by our comments.

    I find it amusing that your YouTube link opens through VigLink, a hyperlink monetization service. Everyone is cashing in on this video, even Kasper.

    Why don't these guys be the first to expose HTC One M8 bendgate? Unless this is all part of an effort to smear Apple for profit.
  • Reply 26 of 112
    Apparently Samsung employees did not post enough phone-bending videos on YouTube to completely sway the marketplace. :(

    Must try harder, Samsung!
  • Reply 27 of 112
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,322member
    Wow, most entertaining CEO ever. This guy is mesmerizing to watch. Ended up watching most of the clip. Not many CEOS like him (especially of telcos) with no filter. Was surprised how often he dropped the F-bomb, but I guess he can get away with it.

    Oh, and cue Benjamin Frost, our resident Bendgate troll, to vehemently tell us all that Bengate is a real thing, and demand a recall.
  • Reply 28 of 112
    muadibemuadibe Posts: 134member
    Correction. Those are reservations, not preorders.
  • Reply 29 of 112

    thataveragejoe would tell John that he is immature for using profanity and that he has some growing up to do.  Har!

  • Reply 30 of 112

    Deleted

  • Reply 31 of 112
    pfisherpfisher Posts: 758member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post



    It's not a catastrophe that will bring the company down. Most iPhone users will be uneffected, able to use their devices fine. But the bending issue is a serious matter. There's a weak point near the volume buttons that can lead to fracture with enough force applied. So long as Apple fixes it and replaces naturally broken devices under warranty, then all will be fine. Maybe these are the 9 people who (at the time) contacted Apple.



    And no one can deny that the iPhone 6 is a structurally weaker device than the phone it replaced. We should want Apple to increase durability from generation to generation, not step backward. A slightly thicker iPhone 6 with a bigger battery would not effect usability.



    That's why some of us prefer to buy the "S" models, which seem to fix the issues that come with the "non-S" models.

  • Reply 32 of 112

    Canadians desperately need a gentleman like him ... NOT just because of his comment! :smokey: 

  • Reply 33 of 112
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post





    There were cases of bent iPhones that cropped up even before the YouTube fiasco. MacRumors had a running thread with reported cases before it was shut down. These are Apple users who legitimately had their iPhones deformed even in a front pocket.

     

    Yeah, go on with your horse-shit. There was ONE story of such pocket deformation, where the guy had his phone in his tight pocket for 18 hrs straight, and his story was suspicious at best. This is the "story" the youtube video was based on. The fact that you're so confident there's so many legitimate cases is hilarious, since you have no way of verifying anything, and all subsequent tests showed that it is virtually impossible to bend an iPhone in a front pocket. The fact that you're inclined to believe these stories without a shred of evidence, is evidence that you're nothing but a troll. 

     

    " There's a weak point near the volume buttons that can lead to fracture with enough force applied."

     

    WITH ENOUGH FORCE APPLIED

     

    What a hilarious statement. Every fucking material on earth will be compromised with ENOUGH FORCE APPLIED, so its beyond laughable that you use this as a disclaimer. The question is, will this force be applied during normal usage? ALL evidence points to NO. Trying your best to bend the **** out of a phone is not considered "normal". 

  • Reply 34 of 112
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,552member
    macvicta wrote: »
    There were cases of bent iPhones that cropped up even before the YouTube fiasco. MacRumors had a running thread with reported cases before it was shut down. These are Apple users who legitimately had their iPhones deformed even in a front pocket.

    Go ahead and troll all you want, try to keep the nonsense going if you feel like it. You and your ilk won't accomplish or change a thing , won't damage Apple even slightly. You people are pathetic losers who can't stand the existence of Apple. And don't try to validate your credentials by telling us how you are along time Apple user who is now disappointed. No one believes that crap any more. We know who and what you are. There are no legitimately deformed iPhones. Anybody who puts their phone in their pocket, front or back, is begging for trouble if they sit down. There were reports of the iPhone 5 bending in the same manner. You can't fix stupid.
  • Reply 35 of 112
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post



    And no one can deny that the iPhone 6 is a structurally weaker device than the phone it replaced. We should want Apple to increase durability from generation to generation, not step backward. A slightly thicker iPhone 6 with a bigger battery would not effect usability.

     

    that isn't relevant -- where does anyone state that each iteration of a device should be stronger than its predecessor? as things get physically smaller/thinner, they're also going to be governed by "physics" in predictable ways. thats all there is to it.

     

    i have yet to meet anyone in the real world who has had his or her phone bend at all, let alone not because they sat on it. 

  • Reply 36 of 112
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post



    There were cases of bent iPhones that cropped up even before the YouTube fiasco. MacRumors had a running thread with reported cases before it was shut down. These are Apple users who legitimately had their iPhones deformed even in a front pocket.



    so say the anonymous users of MR. thats a pretty worthless appeal to facts or documentation. 

  • Reply 37 of 112
    macvicta wrote: »
    There were cases of bent iPhones that cropped up even before the YouTube fiasco. MacRumors had a running thread with reported cases before it was shut down. These are Apple users who legitimately had their iPhones deformed even in a front pocket.

    The problem with anecdotal claims is that they're not remotely scientific. And the Internet is a giant echo chamber. It reflects what's popular, not necessarily what is factual.
  • Reply 38 of 112
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by malax View Post

     

     

    I want my iPhone to be "durable enough" and no stronger.  Durability comes at a cost of some combination of weight, size, cost, battery life, etc.  There is no such thing as a free lunch.  Did Apple err on the side of lighter/thinner this time?  Not based on the evidence presented so far.  In that case, there is nothing for Apple to "fix."




    I want it to be 'durable' enough to just barely blend....

     

    >>>>>>Will it Blend?<<<<<

    (I have to say, that samsung battery almost didn't blend....)

     

    Still funny after all these years.

  • Reply 39 of 112
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

     

    That's why some of us prefer to buy the "S" models, which seem to fix the issues that come with the "non-S" models.




    meanwhile, those of us who buy the "tick" versions get an entire year of value out of the tool with absolutely no downsides. 3G? check. 4? check. 5? check. 6? check. no issues, despite the exaggerated media narratives around each (antenna issues, scratching issues, whatever)... in fact my 4 is still in service to this day.

  • Reply 40 of 112
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post



     Anybody who puts their phone in their pocket, front or back, is begging for trouble if they sit down. There were reports of the iPhone 5 bending in the same manner. You can't fix stupid.

     

    actually i disagree w/ you on the front pocket -- my 6 fits flush along my thigh, parallel w/ my leg. when i sit there is no fulcrum for it to bend against, and no weight or force on it. it just sits flush against my thigh, now in a sitting position.

     

    in the rear pocket is a problem because the butt is curved, allowing it to act as a fulcrum against the flat phone, especially as much force is put on it. 

Sign In or Register to comment.