T-Mobile CEO John Legere says iPhone 6 demand 'unbelievable,' not affected by bogus 'bendgate'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 112
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    "That is such horseshit," [John Legere] said. "Listen, what the f**k did you need to see? The video of the guy that's doing this, and if you could have seen his face he probably would have been purple and the veins are coming out of his fingers. And the thing moves a little bit? Are you shitting me?"

We now know what [@]Slurpy[/@] looks like and does for a living.
  • Reply 62 of 112
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,130member
    thedba wrote: »
    You are so right!
    You know what else? If you drop your phone from high enough, the screen will crack! They should get on it immediately. 
    In fact I'm texting Tim Cook as we speak.:rolleyes:

That's nothing! If you leave it in your toilet bowl long enough, it will completely stop working! I dub the latest scandal...Watergate!
  • Reply 63 of 112
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Sog?

Now that's funny.
  • Reply 64 of 112
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jinglesthula View Post

'bendgate' is a social construct which went viral.

Actual bent iPhones is a physical issue with the devices themselves which has affected (last count I heard) a total of 9 individuals (out of well over 10 million).

I think the "9" number is almost two weeks old now, but, if it were epidemic, 

someone would be jumping up and down and pointing at the new number,

so, your point stands.

• Reply 65 of 112
    nolamacguy wrote: »

meanwhile, those of us who buy the "tick" versions get an entire year of value out of the tool with absolutely no downsides. 3G? check. 4? check. 5? check. 6? check. no issues, despite the exaggerated media narratives around each (antenna issues, scratching issues, whatever)... in fact my 4 is still in service to this day.

That is exactly the sequence of iPhone ownership I've gone through and until she got upgraded to my old 5 last week my mum was quite happily using my old 4, albeit with a slightly unreliable home button. Depending on how much it costs to get the home button fixed (and whether my 70 year old dad can master the technology - he's not the most adept) it looks like the 4 may yet be heading to my dad to continue it's life as a functional phone.
  • Reply 66 of 112
    "there's nothing that would stop you from buying a Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint device at the Apple Store and coming over and putting a T-Mobile SIM in it,"

Umm, except for the fact that AT&T iPhones are SIM-locked for the duration of your contract.
  • Reply 67 of 112
    I'm so glad the company is profiting. Any commentary regarding the fact that my 4S was worth $201 to T-mobile when I ordered (and you were unable to fulfill) and you refuse to honor the pricing value stated on the day I ordered? It's now worth less than half of that. At least now I get it-- you don't need me as a client and don't have to honor your commitment, despite your SALES REPS assuring me that I would absolutely be qualified for the trade in value the day of order. As well, trying to cancel my order has been a nightmare, and I can only opt to refuse delivery (not that that's happening any time soon). I truly hope no one else is in the same boat-I guess that value was only good if you got lucky enough to sign up on a day where they actually had stock in hand. Shame on me for believing the T-Mobile hype.
  • Reply 68 of 112
    Actually I did meet one guy who managed to put the slightest of bends in his iPhone 5s. He would keep it in his back pocket and sit on it presumably very frequently.
    At least this Bendgate has brought people's attention to the fact that you shouldn't sit on your phone.
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    that isn't relevant -- where does anyone state that each iteration of a device should be stronger than its predecessor? as things get physically smaller/thinner, they're also going to be governed by "physics" in predictable ways. thats all there is to it.

i have yet to meet anyone in the real world who has had his or her phone bend at all, let alone not because they sat on it. 
  • Reply 69 of 112
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    I find it amusing that your YouTube link opens through VigLink, a hyperlink monetization service. Everyone is cashing in on this video, even Kasper.

Why don't these guys be the first to expose HTC One M8 bendgate? Unless this is all part of an effort to smear Apple for profit.

Did you notice how he stretched his arms when trying to bend the Moto X? This is an old trick since you cannot put lot of force because you are using your wrists and not your arms. When he tried to bend the iPhone he placed it close to his chest because this way he can use arms and shoulder strength to bend it.
  • Reply 70 of 112
    castcorecastcore Posts: 141member
    Just switched tmobile after 10 years with Verizon. Loving it so far!
  • Reply 71 of 112
    I noticed even before the iPhone era—certainly before they started carrying the iPhone—that T-Mobile has a lot of customer loyalty. In my observation, they're the only cell carrier with any customer loyalty.
  • Reply 72 of 112
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Legere must be the most baffling CEO of a major company today. Total weirdo, but massively entertaining.
  • Reply 73 of 112

Then, in that case Apple will replace it, no charge. Research it.

• Reply 74 of 112
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

We now know what @Slurpy looks like and does for a living.

He tells it as it is, doesn't mince words, just as I do, and puts morons in their place, in a way in which they deserve to be addressed. 

I have newfound respect for the guy. He should post here, maybe it would then be slightly less of a troll cesspool. 

• Reply 75 of 112
    nasserae wrote: »
    Did you notice how he stretched his arms when trying to bend the Moto X? This is an old trick since you cannot put lot of force because you are using your wrists and not your arms. When he tried to bend the iPhone he placed it close to his chest because this way he can use arms and shoulder strength to bend it.

There was nothing scientific about what he did. Nothing. It's not a testing apparatus.
  • Reply 76 of 112
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

That's why some of us prefer to buy the "S" models, which seem to fix the issues that come with the "non-S" models.

Not to mention the S models have better internals and overall higher specs, so that they are are more "future proof" and last for more years than the non-S varieties.

• Reply 77 of 112
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fuzzypaws wrote: »
    Not to mention the S models have better internals and overall higher specs, so that they are are more "future proof" and last for more years than the non-S varieties.

I don't follow your logic since the non-"S" versions "have better internals and overall higher specs" than their "S" predecessors.
  • Reply 78 of 112
    does anyone have t-mobile in sf bay area? wondering how the service is. thanks.
  • Reply 79 of 112
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,023member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

You are so right!

You know what else? If you drop your phone from high enough, the screen will crack! They should get on it immediately. 

In fact I'm texting Tim Cook as we speak.:rolleyes:

Actually, the screens DO crack rather more often and in more gentle circumstance than previous iPhones.   My 6 plus has small cracks in 3 corners (none over the actual screen area) from one fall of 6-10 inches onto concrete when it slid out of my pants pocket as I was sitting on the front porch and lifted my leg up to put on a shoe.   At least I had had it for a week and half when it happened!  :)  It kind of bounced from corner to corner hitting all 4 corners before it came to a stop.  3 small cracks and one small ding in the last corner.

A guy in the office had a brand new 6, and the same day he got it, it slipped out of his shorts pocket onto some tile, falling between between 1ft and 18 inches or so, he said, and he got a single big crack across the top about half way across (up above the screen from upper right corner to the phone earpiece line).  Luckily his is also not across the actual screen.

My 5 and 5S were dropped a lot more forcefully with northing more than a scratch or ding to the case.  The raised, curved glass is a lot more fragile as the glass itself actually impacts the surface it falls against instead of the phone frame.

Hopefully I can still sign up for Apple Care on my plus; I have no problem exempting the existing cracks from coverage.  I am more worried about real damage in the future being covered.

• Reply 80 of 112
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    macvicta wrote: »
    There were cases of bent iPhones that cropped up even before the YouTube fiasco. MacRumors had a running thread with reported cases before it was shut down. These are Apple users who legitimately had their iPhones deformed even in a front pocket.

Look, if you can bend a phone in your front pocket and not feel the phone pushing back, you're an idiot. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

My 6 sits fine in my front pocket.
    Steve Jobs would absolutely have said this.

Not another "Steve would..." post. /s