Sam's Club to sell Apple's iPhone 6 from $99 on Nov. 15, report says

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2014
As part of a one-day holiday sales event, big-box wholesaler Sam's Club will be selling Apple's latest iPhone 6 from $99 with two-year contract on Nov. 15, according to a supposedly leaked flyer.

Seen above, the Sam's Club flyer posted to website GottaDeal on Sunday details an upcoming limited time promotion that will see 16GB, 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 models go for $99, $199 and $299, respectively.

Each Sam's club location will have only 40 to 50 units on hand -- certain outlets may not have 64GB and 128GB versions -- but it is unclear if that number reflects per-model availability or combined stock. Sale pricing is honored only in-store and requires activation or renewal of a two-year contract.

In addition to the iPhone, Sam's Club is also slashing $100 off Apple's 16GB first-generation iPad Air, a deal available both in-store and online.

The one-day "Holiday Savings Celebration" kicks off at 7 a.m. local time on Saturday, Nov. 15, as well as online through Sam's Club's holiday website.

The Sam's Club sale is one of the first holiday season events to feature price cuts for Apple's popular iOS devices, though more retailers are expected to follow suit in the lead up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Last year saw third party resellers put Mac, iPad and iPhone models on sale to drum up business for Christmas.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

Meh, I paid that for my 64GB 6.

$299 for an iPad Air is not a bad deal, even for a 16GB version. I wonder if Walmart will also be running these prices?

• Reply 2 of 11
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,103member
    2 year contract of what? Is Sam's Club a carrier?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

I wonder if Walmart will also be running these prices?

Hmmph. Under the condition that Walmart accepts ApplePay.

• Reply 4 of 11
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

With Verizon or Sprint. Few weeks ago my local Sam's Club had iPhone 6/+ in stock but they only sell the 16GB iPhones.

• Reply 5 of 11
    They probably will only have 5 in Stock
  • Reply 6 of 11
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

They probably will only have 5 in Stock

Each Sam's club location will have only 40 to 50 units on hand -- certain outlets may not have 64GB and 128GB versions -- but it is unclear if that number reflects per-model availability or combined stock. Sale pricing is honored only in-store and requires activation or renewal of a two-year contract.

• Reply 7 of 11
    jafujafu Posts: 9member
    It's nice to save a hundred bucks off the initial expense, but as we all know the major cost of these phones is the monthly carrier charges.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    They should offer the 6 plus for free. Or say "well pay you $200". It won't matter because they still don't have those in stock anywhere! (at least with att as carrier)
  • Reply 9 of 11
    andysol wrote: »
    They should offer the 6 plus for free. Or say "well pay you $200". It won't matter because they still don't have those in stock anywhere! (at least with att as carrier)

1) One can always check the sea turtle website…

2) T-Mobile told me it would ship in 1-8 weeks. I was surprised when it arrived barely over a week after ordering.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Likely the carrier most needing business, also an above market usage cost.

• Reply 11 of 11

Does this offer include T-Mobile as a carrier?