Google Chromebooks overtake Apple iPads in education sales for first time, report says

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    hill60 wrote: »

So in other words, insecure and unsuitable for school use due to the apparent simplicity of breaking out of the standard set up.

What no, your just twisting anything I say aren't you. Again if you knew anything about the ChromeBook you would know that you can completely lock out the Dev mode. Also a ChromeBook is very secure as it checks to see if the system has been tampered with upon every boot, if so it reverts back to it's original state, over writing any changes the child made. Yes, there will always be way's to circumvent these security measures but it's not easy and a child could easily jail break an iPad as well.

Here, educate youself on Verified Boot here -> http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/verified-boot
  • Reply 102 of 108
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    One gets mo' betta hotties with an SLK :lol:

Not a Mercedes, I would go down on a guy if he had a Porsche though.
  • Reply 103 of 108
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    relic wrote: »
    Not a Mercedes, I would go down on a guy if he had a Porsche though.

Come to New York, Jerry Seinfeld has a big collection of them, but the best car collection would arguably have to be Ralph Lauren's but he'd be more interested in a blowjob from me, than from you. :lol:
  • Reply 104 of 108
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Come to New York, Jerry Seinfeld has a big collection of them, but the best car collection would arguably have to be Ralph Lauren's but he'd be more interested in a blowjob from me, than from you. :lol:

Hahaha true, true......
  • Reply 105 of 108
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

USB stick, copy from one computer to the other, ChromeBooks also have an Ethernet and a Wifi, you could also use the hotspot funtion on your phone but you of course know all of this and are just being silly. In the future, suggest the Huawei E3131, Huawei E367, ZTE MF823 or the FreedomPOP to your customers, they work out of the box. Still the best option though is to just spring for the 3G/4G enabled Chromebook in the beginning, their only 50 to 80 more, a no brainer actually. The G2 HP 14", 4GB, LTE is now going for $275 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/HP-14-q070nr-14-Inch-Chromebook-T-Mobile/dp/B00FGOTBQO Surfing around I found a really good deal on the Toshiba ChromeBook 13", 4GB, 1080P Display for 300, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-13-3-chromebook-2-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-16gb-solid-state-drive-satin-gold/8790147.p?id=1219370473818&skuId=8790147 though this is a none 4G version, still a good price do to the 1080P display, plus the Toshiba is one of the nicer models.

I was referring to the available USB modems.

http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/wireless-internet/mobile-broadband/starter-packs

The customer assumed that because they bought a laptop it would work AND being a cheapskate with a $250 laptop did not want to spend the extra that a WiFi modem would cost.

• Reply 106 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I can't stand car analogies but I'll bite, what exactly does having a more expensive car have to do with anything when the outcome is exactly the same, the Rio will still get you from point A to point B. Having a 5.5 liter V8 might sound appealing but the majority of people have no idea what to do with all of that power or can even afford it, it's a luxury product, status symbol. Most of us just need to get to our destination. A ChromeBook will most defiantly provide a person with the means to get people to where they need to go, easily, cheaply and reliably, in the end that's what the majority need. Those who want that powerful V8 and status symbol of course still have that option but that does not necessarily mean the person who opted for the Rio did anything wrong. It's just a no B.S. solution for those who aren't looking for all of the bells and whistles or costs associated with such a purchase, they just need to get to work. Again, I'm not really sure why your crusading against the ChromeBook there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone using one, especially if the persons output is identical to that of a machine 4 times it's value.

Being used to Macbook trackpads and keyboards using $200 laptops is a very different, annoying and awful experience.

No amount of trying to justify the performance of cheap, penny pinching components will change that.

• Reply 107 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Come to New York, Jerry Seinfeld has a big collection of them, but the best car collection would arguably have to be Ralph Lauren's but he'd be more interested in a blowjob from me, than from you. image

Seinfeld also has an extensive collection of Swiss made Breitling watches, waste of money when you can get cheap Chinese and Japanese watches that do the same thing.

• Reply 108 of 108
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    hill60 wrote: »

Seinfeld also has an extensive collection of Swiss made Breitling watches, waste of money when you can get cheap Chinese and Japanese watches that do the same thing.

In his world those Breitlings cost per capita as much as those Chinese and Japanese ones cost us. :lol: