Aerial footage shows off temporary building at site of Apple's March 9 event, likely Apple Watch dem

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    wdowellwdowell Posts: 232member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfrazieriv View Post

Don't understand why they need to build this again for the media? The device already has the hype of previous apple device launches... just launch the damned thing and they will come.

it's all part of the lust and schmoozing that goes on between Apple and parts of the media..  I think Apple has probably worked out that it's worth it. Smart presentation stands, easy to photograph, makes some of the more hyperventilating visitors in awe etc. Put them in a good mood, make them feel special, and they're more likely to feel there's something good to write about.

Psychology is a massive factor in marketing, and the media isn't immune to it's effects, however 'impartial' some may profess to be.

They may also have the 12" inch laptops to show. 

• Reply 22 of 50
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    you would think that a site called "Apple Insider" would have some "insider info" obviously this site needs to be renamed to Apple Outsider? Why not pay some Apple employees some bribes or put the thumbscrews to them? We need Jack Bower!

I predict a iPlane it takes off and heads into the stratosphere!
  • Reply 23 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by revenant View Post

I wonder if they are poking fun at google's barges with these little structures. they are legal and temporary.

Don't you have  job to go to? that's a piss poor remark

• Reply 24 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

Quote:

Well, as long as we're engaging in zany theories ;), here's one of mine:

I think that the Apple Watch will be one of Apple's biggest revenue streams, second only to the iPhone, and will reach this level in only a few year's time. My evidence for this bullish stance?: cherry trees.

The auditorium for Apple Campus 2 is surrounded by cherry trees, which typically have a peak bloom time at the end of March, beginning of April. I would imagine that Apple would place a lot of value on any event that would take place during this time, which appears likely to coincide with the Apple Watch release schedule. By the time Apple has their first event in the new auditorium in 2017, I'd bet that the Apple Watch will have gained plenty of momentum, setting the stage for it to become the keystone for your digital life.

This would also mesh with Apple's announcement: Spring Forward (into the digital future with Apple Watch).

The end.

So why doesn't Apple have Apple trees all over the place Goddammit! Yes I know the south Bay was full of Cherry orchards before the bulldozers arrived. Can you imagine the fun we would be having if it was called "Cherry"  and the Mac"intosh"  would have been called

the "Bing" as in the Cherry Bing lol - Meh maybe not!

"damn I lost my Cherry" or "who stole my Cherry"

http://www.davewilson.com/product-information/product/cherries ;

• Reply 25 of 50
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

"I wonder if they are poking fun at google's barges with these little structures. they are legal and temporary."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Don't you have  job to go to? that's a piss poor remark

What in the world about those "mystery barges" isn't worthy of some mocking?

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2490695/search/google-offloads-mystery-barge-to-marine-company.html

And as they were finally revealed to be a prospective marketing venue the remark is even somewhat on point. Not likely, but on point nevertheless.

• Reply 26 of 50
    firebluefireblue Posts: 17member
    Steve Job's - "I've finally cracked the TV Remote." Introducing the Apple Watch - a TV remote you always have with you.
  • Reply 27 of 50
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblue View Post

Steve Job's - "I've finally cracked the TV Remote." Introducing the Apple Watch - a TV remote you always have with you.

No, he didn't say the remote. He was talking about the interface.

• Reply 28 of 50
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

Oh sure, tell the thieves where they can easily find the $10,000 gold watches.

• Reply 29 of 50
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    paul94544 wrote: »
    So why doesn't Apple have Apple trees all over the place Goddammit! Yes I know the south Bay was full of Cherry orchards before the bulldozers arrived. Can you imagine the fun we would be having if it was called "Cherry"  and the Mac"intosh"  would have been called

the "Bing" as in the Cherry Bing lol - Meh maybe not!

"damn I lost my Cherry" or "who stole my Cherry"

http://www.davewilson.com/product-information/product/cherries 

Yes ... My remark was piss poor, unlike this stellar gem.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Is there any chance that this event will include product announcements other than the Apple Watch?

Oh goodness me, yes!

• Reply 31 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Hmmm...September 9th and now March 9th.... first the 9th day of the 9th month and then the 9th day of the 3rd month...

what is Apple signaling with all the nines...? The answer is out there...

So 3 is 9 now?

Truly, the reality distortion field is strong with you.

• Reply 32 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is there any chance that this event will include product announcements other than the Apple Watch?

Unfortunately it’s not looking that way.

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

what is Apple signaling with all the nines...?

Showing off iOS 9.

Nein.

• Reply 33 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Hope there is more than AppleWatch. Not to diminish it in any way. I just hope there is more.

Retina MBA.

AppleTV.

Something.

Anything.

• Reply 34 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by darkpaw View Post

It would be nice if the 'official AppleInsider app' wouldn't show the story above the comments when I've just tapped to see only comments. So much scrolling.

Anyway, back on topic... The extra bit being built is probably just to demo the %uF8FFWatch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Apple Insider is keeping your finger fit with the extra scrolling, so be thankful for that.

• Reply 35 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Hmmm...September 9th and now March 9th.... first the 9th day of the 9th month and then the 9th day of the 3rd month...

what is Apple signaling with all the nines...? The answer is out there...

Well, as long as we're engaging in zany theories ;), here's one of mine:

I think that the Apple Watch will be one of Apple's biggest revenue streams, second only to the iPhone, and will reach this level in only a few year's time. My evidence for this bullish stance?: cherry trees.

The auditorium for Apple Campus 2 is surrounded by cherry trees, which typically have a peak bloom time at the end of March, beginning of April. I would imagine that Apple would place a lot of value on any event that would take place during this time, which appears likely to coincide with the Apple Watch release schedule. By the time Apple has their first event in the new auditorium in 2017, I'd bet that the Apple Watch will have gained plenty of momentum, setting the stage for it to become the keystone for your digital life.

This would also mesh with Apple's announcement: Spring Forward (into the digital future with Apple Watch).

The end.

Cherry trees also need rain. 

Something which the possible Apple Watch parade will get plenty of.

• Reply 36 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:

Don't think Apple wants any other product to steal AppleWatch thunder.   This is the first new product in 4 years.  Let it have the stage for itself.

Doubt we see a new AppleTV till at least WWDC

I'm afraid the iCar has already stolen the watch's thunder.

• Reply 37 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wdowell View Post

Does anybody ever take a step back and think how absurd this post and associated endeavour is? Filming a covered temporary construction for a commercial event? This, or photographs of the posters outside WWDC.

(i'm as guilty as anybody as I click on the links and look etc, but rationally, come on, it's a bit embarrassing that we lust for this really isn't it%u203D) It's just as well this world has nothing to worry about like conflict, famine, disease, debt etc!

I beg to differ.

I think there's still a lot of conflict, famine, disease and debt, unfortunately.

• Reply 38 of 50

All this extra space they need for the Apple Watch demo is worrying for the stores, as it shows how difficult it will be to find space for them. These watches are going to need a lot of staff guiding people. It’s not like the iDevices, where people can pick them up and try them at their leisure. 

I predict that the Apple retail staff will get swamped with people needing assistance for trying them on, even if they don't buy them, to the detriment of the rest of the store.

• Reply 39 of 50
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

All this extra space they need for the Apple Watch demo is worrying for the stores, as it shows how difficult it will be to find space for them. These watches are going to need a lot of staff guiding people. It’s not like the iDevices, where people can pick them up and try them at their leisure. 

I predict that the Apple retail staff will get swamped with people needing assistance for trying them on, even if they don't buy them, to the detriment of the rest of the store.

The extra space is for all the people....not all the watches.

• Reply 40 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The extra space is for all the people....not all the watches.

Sure. 

Whilst they're huge watches, I really meant all the personal assistance that they require.