Apple concept would require users to input health data to keep using their iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

This thing can be patented?  Wow, talking about the broken patent system.

• Reply 42 of 52
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ipen View Post

This thing can be patented?  Wow, talking about the broken patent system.

"Filed for", not approved by the Patent Office, so early days.

• Reply 43 of 52
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post

Studies have shown that a healthier lifestyle = lower healthcare cost long term (duh!). Apple offers health insurance to their employees. Therefore if Apple can use this feature to help their employees be healthier and save hundreds of millions from lower insurance premium costs then I am all for it as a shareholder.

...just so long as the effort expended by employees to keep their employers costs down is all on their own time.

• Reply 44 of 52
    If this happens it will be opt in. There are people with rather serious medical conditions that must be monitored regularly. To see that one can opt in with such a demanding reminder will be a great thing for such individuals.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    czvetczvet Posts: 5member
    This makes me sick.... I just bought a new iMac because I like my other Apple Products so much. If I had read this tripe before my purchase I might have changed my mind. It isn't bad enough the government tries to control every aspect of our lives.... now Apple wants a piece???? Also.... hey Tim Cook, get your nose out of politics and social issues and stick to running Apple because you are doing more harm than good.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    This makes me sick.... I just bought a new iMac because I like my other Apple Products so much. If I had read this tripe before my purchase I might have changed my mind. It isn't bad enough the government tries to control every aspect of our lives.... now Apple wants a piece???? Also.... hey Tim Cook, get your nose out of politics and social issues and stick to running Apple because you are doing more harm than good.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Am I the only one that can see the Close button? - How exactly will Apple "require" you to do anything or stop you tapping close on these "non-dismissable notifications"?
    In the filing it says "blocks access to a user interface" but thats exactly how Alerts work now.

The really interesting thing is the one tap option to take a photo and dismiss the notification or being able to input a number into a button.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    czvet wrote: »
    Given Apple gives YOU the control over what functions you use or don't that makes zero sense.
  • Reply 49 of 52

In this day and age, why even phrase something like "require" users to input (etc) to "continue using phone". It makes the customer feel suborniate and it makes Apple appear like a bunch of control freaks. I'm guessing too many players on Apple's marketing side are from same school of indoctrination. Just make good products, charge accordingly and be happy without sounding like neo-Nazis.

• Reply 50 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by czvet View Post

In this day and age, why even phrase something like "require" users to input (etc) to "continue using phone". It makes the customer feel suborniate and it makes Apple appear like a bunch of control freaks. I'm guessing too many players on Apple's marketing side are from same school of indoctrination. Just make good products, charge accordingly and be happy without sounding like neo-Nazis.

You've got original APPLE copy using that term? I sort of doubt it. Plus, this is a patent application not any sort of actual, produced and named, feature.

In this case? Shoot the messenger.

• Reply 51 of 52

I happen to love Apple Products. I don’t want to shoot anyone. The issue of “original” copy is moot. A rag like the New York Times can glom onto any copy or make up it’s own to use against Apple, which it has, in an obvious effort to take the big successful one down. Look at the latest Apple Watch skin cancer blurb. Nowadays it’s all about the seriousness of the charge, evidence be damned and using that, Samsung or others can come up with “original copy” like, feel “free” to use our phones. Hoaxes gain traction among low informed beings. When evidence of global cooling couldn’t be found in the the 70s they switched to global warming in the 80s and now with the same results and the emails to prove collusion among involved scientists to perpetuate that hoax . Too cold or too hot, either case the alarmists screamed decades ago that we’d all be dead by now, yet I continue to read that the climate apocalypse is near. I would have researched the health app article rather than take it as fact but the initial impression was surely negative, just look at other responses.