Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Personal attacks? Why?

Huh?

• Reply 102 of 202
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Huh?

Well, excuse my French, but you do say (and insist) that the OP cannot afford the Watch out of the blue, don't you?

• Reply 103 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So what happened to all the Watch haters here?

I wanted to get a 42mm black on black Sport but it was sold out by the time I woke up this morning.  

I wanted to get a rose gold Edition but I was broke by the time it came out. Oh, wait. I always was broke anyway ;)

• Reply 104 of 202
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Well, excuse my French, but you do say (and insist) that the OP cannot afford the Watch out of the blue, don't you?

I implied no such thing. How on earth did you read it that way?

• Reply 105 of 202
    sog35 wrote: »
    So what happened to all the Watch haters here?

I wanted to get a 42mm black on black Sport but it was sold out by the time I woke up this morning.  

There's a black on black Sport? I thought that the black SS was only available in Watch?

Add: OK, I see that you mean the Space Grey.
  • Reply 106 of 202
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    djsherly wrote: »

and yet the whole time, in either case, you as a buyer don't have access to that amount of credit. that's all i'm saying.

And my point is you shouldn't have access to that credit. If you agree to pay for the item, the merchant has a right to make sure you can hold up your end of the bargain. This includes keeping you from maxing out your card.
  • Reply 107 of 202
    Anyone know if, for the Watch: (1) Orders can be canceled before shipping date; (2) Product can be returned if the box is opened?
  • Reply 108 of 202
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

And my point is you shouldn't have access to that credit. If you agree to pay for the item, the merchant has a right to make sure you can hold up your end of the bargain. This includes keeping you from maxing out your card.

We're on the same page then. Phew. I thought I was going to get embroiled in some e-argument there.

• Reply 109 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Using the Apple Store app, I pre-ordered the Silver Sport with a white band.

In my rush, I missed ordering Apple Care with the Watch.

When I tried to order Apple Care afterwards, I noticed "Automatically registered".

Is this because I already have Apple Care with my iPhone 6?

Any thoughts?

As posted on order site: 

Quote:

Every Apple Watch comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for Apple Watch extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple Watch1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax2. 

• Reply 110 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

I implied no such thing. How on earth did you read it that way?

Ok, my bad then. "and yet the whole time, in either case, you as a buyer don't have access to that amount of credit. that's all i'm saying." probably means something else than I thought.

My apologies.

• Reply 111 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Westcoast8 View Post

As posted on order site: 

Why would you want that? You can drop an iPhone, but a watch with a sapphire screen and an aluminum or hardened steel casing sounds much stronger and less likely to get in trouble (not to mention scratches aren't covered).

• Reply 112 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Anyone know if, for the Watch: (1) Orders can be canceled before shipping date; (2) Product can be returned if the box is opened?

Standard Cancel Order Policy

Standard Return Policy

• Reply 113 of 202
    Quote:

Why would you want that? You can drop an iPhone, but a watch with a sapphire screen and an aluminum or hardened steel casing sounds much stronger and less likely to get in trouble (not to mention scratches aren't covered).

Want what?

But then, if you dropped you ?Watch you could accidentally drive your car over it twice, and get it replaced.

Quote:

Every Apple Watch comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for Apple Watch extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple Watch1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax2.

By the way, the accidental damage coverage policy applies to all Apple mobile devices.

I would suggest it is a personal decision. One I would highly recommend for my son, not one I would have to recommend for my wife, but one my wife would suggest for me.

• Reply 114 of 202
    westcoast8 wrote: »

Thanks. I was broadly aware of the general policies. I was wondering if there were any AppleWatch-specific policies. I guess the answer is, no.
  • Reply 115 of 202

SPACE BLACK 42MM WATCH AND BAND, SHIPPING IN August!!! I ordered it anyway then i'll keep checking the stores, if its available for sale i'll buy one and cancel the online order. 

• Reply 116 of 202

Just left the Apple Retail Store pretty disappointed.  No MacBooks available for sale in any Retail location. All must be ordered online and shipped.  I could understand limited stock, but no stock?  Come on Apple. Bad call.

• Reply 117 of 202
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member

It will be interesting to see where things are a year from now.

My opinion has been that this Watch will be a popular among geeks and fanboys, and not the mainstream.

We shall see in two years time if the Watch has captured our imagination where we can't live without it.

• Reply 118 of 202
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Supplies are sold out in the first 30 minutes. It's obvious the Watch is a flop and that APPLE IS DOOMED! LOL
    No. To the contrary.

But this is a mess. I was optimistic and supportive of Apples plan thinking they really had this worked out, but they didn't. I feel like an idiot now suggesting to people that Apple would not have offered online ordering and previews on the same day knowing that this is a device many customers need to see first, so there would be adequate time to pre-order witin at least the first several days.

Nope. So to all of those who suggested Apple should have offered a week of preview/fitting appointments before pre-orders started, I'm sorry. You were right. This is a mess.
  • Reply 119 of 202
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,431member
    Quote:

Ok, my bad then. "and yet the whole time, in either case, you as a buyer don't have access to that amount of credit. that's all i'm saying." probably means something else than I thought.

My apologies.

Interestingly enough, the Financial Industry doesn't like this to ever happen, so sometimes, even without your input, they will  increase your credit line. My guess is that you aren't testing your limit often enough to spur them to do this.

This from an Industry that calls people that pay off their balances each month, deadbeats.

http://credit.about.com/od/usingcreditcards/a/deadbeatcredit.htm

• Reply 120 of 202
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,744member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

But this is a mess. I was optimistic and supportive of Apples plan thinking they really had this worked out, but they didn't. I feel like an idiot now suggesting to people that Apple would not have offered online ordering and previews on the same day knowing that this is a device many customers need to see first, so there would be adequate time to pre-order witin at least the first several days.

Nope. So to all of those who suggested Apple should have offered a week of preview/fitting appointments before pre-orders started, I'm sorry. You were right. This is a mess.

Given that no one really knows what's happening, it's all just reactionary speculation based on auto-generated order information right now.

Consider this: I was one of the very first people to preorder the iPhone 5 (about one minute after the online store opened).  After a few hours, shipping times for preorders slipped and everyone was complaining.  And yet, on the day it was became available in the retail store, many people were able to get ahold of it well before it even shipped to my door.

I'm guessing it'll be a similar experience with the Apple Watch: they have a certain amount of stock reserved for preorders and a certain amount for the retail stores.  The preorder stock will dwindle, but there will always still be the retail store stock if you're willing to wait (and go to a retail store, which is what I want to do before I choose to buy).