Apple Watch preorders, 12" MacBook sales go live with limited availability [u]

Comments

• Reply 81 of 202
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Serious question.. Where were all of you people in the previous Apple Watch threads in the last few months? You know, since every Apple watch thread had like 90% haters, and then the rare exceptions who statedthey MIGHT consider purchase after taking a wait and see approach? Now everyone has pre-ordered? I don't get it. Why didn't any of you who we're planning to buy post in earlier discussion threads, to offset the bashers and naysayers?

I said I wanted one. And luckily, i got one :)

• Reply 82 of 202
    roakeroake Posts: 821member
    Why even have a "Launch" date if what they really meant was... we will ship your watch when we feel like it. I stayed up all night and ordered right when it came online and I got the 42mm black stainless and it says it is shipping in JUNE!!!!!

I HATE HATE HATE HATE APPLE!!!! WHY CANT THEY JUST TELL US ACTUAL DATES! WAITED ALL YEAR FOR THIS AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR MORE!

APPLE WATCH PROCESS = BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Tantrum much?
  • Reply 82 of 202
    Listed as a "pending charge". I guess that's the same as a pre-authorization. I just freaked out because I almost immediately got a notification for a "charge" from my AMEX app. I'll see if it actually goes through before it ships.

I've had watched that can receive email. I've had watched that give me the weather, that can play video, with remote controls and with calculators (1988...). But I've never spent more than $150 on a watch...
  • Reply 84 of 202
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    Shipping dates are now showing July on some watches I can not believe Apple miss estimated by that much. Or this could be part of the strategy to make it look to be in higher demand. Since Apple will not share the number you know people will be making up all kinds of theories on what is going on.

I always shake my head at these 'restrict supply to make demand look higher' theories. At the end of the day all Apple wants to do is sell the Watch. Can't sell it if it doesn't exist. And how many people are going to see a 4-6 week delay and go "no thanks". But I'm seeing on Twitter that the Edition watches were saying August and now say July so I wouldn't be surprised if those 4-6 week shipping dates change soon.
  • Reply 85 of 202
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member

38mm with a Blue Sports band is all mine. Painless with the App. Order done at like 08:02BST.

Also booked an appointment at the White City Apple Store tomorrow for a try on. I want to see that one and the SS with the Milanese loop because I'm considering buying a Milanese loop as a second band for formal occasions later.

Quote:

Serious question.. Where were all of you people in the previous Apple Watch threads in the last few months? You know, since every Apple watch thread had like 90% haters, and then the rare exceptions who statedthey MIGHT consider purchase after taking a wait and see approach? Now everyone has pre-ordered? I don't get it. Why didn't any of you who we're planning to buy post in earlier discussion threads, to offset the bashers and naysayers?

Because who cares? Haters are going to hate. It's what they do. People who are upset or angry, regardless of how justified, are always more vocal than people who are satisfied. Everyone's piping up now because we're happy - we got our orders in. We don't need to sit around explaining to people who are determined to disagree why we think they're wrong. Because who cares? Let them be with their misery, and we can go off and enjoy our decisions.

• Reply 86 of 202

It might be a DOG for you. And I'm aware a lot of people hate it. But Smart Playlists make it amazingly powerful if, like me, you've tagged BPMs, sex of singer etc, plus rating.

"I want a playlist of 4 star songs sang by girls between 165 and 169 bpm that I haven't heard lately" Done. And then live updates!

• Reply 87 of 202
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    boredumb wrote: »
    Also "growing pains" as Apple learns which models/bands/price-points will have the most traction.
    They could really only start out with a very general idea.

Some of the media tweets showing up in my Twitter feed are driving me nuts. Jake Tapper from ABC tweeted that the Watch "launched" to sparse crowds and no lines. Of course people who don't know (i.e. lots of people) that the Watch doesn't actually go on sale today will think the product launch is a flop.
  • Reply 88 of 202
    davygeedavygee Posts: 65member
    Got an appointment booked for tomorrow to try a few out. Went in to see about pre-orders and all Sports models are at least June now in UK. WOW. So I won't be pre-ordering anytime soon. Will just wait it out and probably go through 2 or 3 try ons before ordering. It seems that the stainless steel watches are 4-6 weeks although the black one is July.
  • Reply 89 of 202
    mubailimubaili Posts: 454member
    owen35 wrote: »
    My wife chuckled at me thinking "I was crazy" to up this late to get the 42mm Milanese. The site didn't appear until 12:13 and I ordered fast with a ship date in the middle of May! I can only imagine the wait time if I had ordered in the morning (like most human beings).
    Order mine 42mm stainless steel with the black sport band on 5:30 EDT, 4-6 weeks.
  • Reply 89 of 202
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,024member
    I am astonished at the number of people who like the metal band (and the black color). I want the shiny milanese loop on the shiny steel watch. 

Please tell me I did not get fast delivery time because I'm alone with bad taste ;)

Why would you be astonished about personal choices for a wearable device? I like the black stainless, but ultimately opted for the bright stainless link.

I think the thicker link band looks better with the watch itself.

I got the Milanese for my wife, imo that band has a more feminine look and that's what she wanted.
  • Reply 91 of 202
    mubailimubaili Posts: 454member
    jensonb wrote: »
    Because who cares? Haters are going to hate. It's what they do. People who are upset or angry, regardless of how justified, are always more vocal than people who are satisfied. Everyone's piping up now because we're happy - we got our orders in. We don't need to sit around explaining to people who are determined to disagree why we think they're wrong. Because who cares? Let them be with their misery, and we can go off and enjoy our decisions.
    well, those haters meet their opponents. But seriously life is too short to confront them. We should just go out, be vocal, and enjoy life as it is.
  • Reply 92 of 202
    Using the Apple Store app, I pre-ordered the Silver Sport with a white band.

In my rush, I missed ordering Apple Care with the Watch.

When I tried to order Apple Care afterwards, I noticed "Automatically registered".

Is this because I already have Apple Care with my iPhone 6?

Any thoughts?
  • Reply 93 of 202
    I'm surprised no one is commenting on the high number of preorders. I know some straps are more constrained then others, but personally I'm surprised how many people seem to be commenting on preordering, and the wait times are higher than I thought they'd be. Seems like lots of people are buyin em. And all you people who are pre-ordering or giving Apple invaluable insight. They need this information to get a handle on how to stock their stores. Obviously, they've never sold a watch before, and by the look of things, they would have severely understocked everything in their physical stores come April 24 and the months that followed. At least they have a little bit larger headstart at the outset.
  • Reply 94 of 202
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,874moderator
    wookiee69 wrote: »
    Listed as a "pending charge". I guess that's the same as a pre-authorization. I just freaked out because I almost immediately got a notification for a "charge" from my AMEX app. I'll see if it actually goes through before it ships.

I've had watched that can receive email. I've had watched that give me the weather, that can play video, with remote controls and with calculators (1988...). But I've never spent more than $150 on a watch...

Welcome to the post QE dollar. $150, in 1988, if that's what you paid back then, is how much today? I'd venture to say $150 in 1988 dollars had more spending power than $350 today.

Edit: Okay, I'm off by a bit, at least according to one site...

• Reply 95 of 202
    Quote:

"All of you people?"  So 30 people said they ordered one and that's floodgates to you?  Man you're a bright one

• Reply 96 of 202
    I am astonished at the number of people who like the metal band (and the black color). I want the shiny milanese loop on the shiny steel watch. 

Please tell me I did not get fast delivery time because I'm alone with bad taste ;)

You've got company. :/

The SS w/ML was my first choice, then it slowly gravitated to Black/Black. At order time (one minute after store opened), the trade-off was the latter for 12 week delivery + $400 more, or the former for 2 week delivery. Even though I still think the black is more beautiful, I am not sure that I liked it that much more.
  • Reply 97 of 202
    rogifan wrote: »

Jake Tapper from ABC tweeted that the Watch "launched" to sparse crowds and no lines.

That guy's such a maroon.
  • Reply 98 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Why would you be astonished about personal choices for a wearable device? I like the black stainless, but ultimately opted for the bright stainless link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

At order time (one minute after store opened), the trade-off was the latter for 12 week delivery + $400 more, or the former for 2 week delivery. 

What astonishes me is not that people have different tastes, it's the feel that the black one is much more in demand for a reason that escapes me. As for the feminine look, I find the steel link mail evokes Knight Templars to me, not female fashion, but if your wife wears it I'm sure it will look more feminine than on me ;)

Also, I got the 38mm because I have a very thin wrist, even my small Fossil watch almost looks oversize, but I'm a bit afraid of the "battery is better on the 42mm" comments. I guess only time will tell (and worst case, my girlfriend will get my v1 cadeau and I'll get v2 next year ;) )

• Reply 99 of 202
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

It is not the same. If you have an open order, you have no business using the credit required to cover that order.

On the other hand, if the order isn't fulfilled, they don't get your money and the CC company doesn't send you a bill or charge interest. That's the difference between a pre authorization and an actual charge.

and yet the whole time, in either case, you as a buyer don't have access to that amount of credit. that's all i'm saying.

• Reply 100 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

and yet the whole time, in either case, you as a buyer don't have access to that amount of credit. that's all i'm saying.

Personal attacks? Why?