jbdragon wrote: »
I did also!!! But a few days ago it stopped working for me. I tried it, it seemed to work and then the terminal and every just froze. i was in the self checkout and I think the person said something about a scripting error?!?! So I went to a different self check out station and tried again and the same thing happened. They got it reset and I had to swipe my card.
Have you been to home Depot in the last few days and tried it?
Oh jolly good. Thanks Home Depot.
Now just let me know when Apple Pay has returned. That is when I will return as well.
What's really strange is that it worked before. I suppose this makes it official.
sam graves wrote: »
I really WANT to use Apple Pay but I just don't see it anywhere. I used it Walgreens twice. That's about it.
So here's the timeline as I see it:
• iPhone 6 launches, software update with Apple Pay support is released.
• Apple Pay works fine in place where it's not officially supported (such as Home Depot) from launch
• Home Depot realizes that they accidentally gave their customers a secure way to pay for goods without being able to collect customer information
• Home Depot intentionally breaks Apple Pay, trying to drive e-payments towards their relationship with PayPal
• The Internet gets pissed, and screams loudly
• Home Depot reverses engines and announces future support for Apple Pay, which amounts to them unbreaking what they purposefully broke.
Lesson learned: don't piss off the Internet. It's not a new lesson, but it's one that is often repeated.