WWDC 2015 guaranteed to highlight growing gap between Apple and Google

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    brakken wrote: »
    Dilger is like a fine French wine - he just keeps getting better with age!

Exactly, I love the way he tortures the Fandroids with real facts and history.

Android = noun
    1. an automaton in the form of a human being.

Pretty much describes them. No soul you see which tells us all we need to know
  • Reply 82 of 84
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'm fully aware of what's currently happening. Big companies are getting breached for mass amounts of information. That's what hackers go after, not a few cell phones with the hopes of finding one person they can steal from.

Your level of ignorance about the threats posed by the insecure nature android are quite staggering. There is a reason why companies are keeping away from it. The fact that you keep defending it further illustrates you total lack of awareness of this fact
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'm fully aware of what's currently happening. Big companies are getting breached for mass amounts of information. That's what hackers go after, not a few cell phones with the hopes of finding one person they can steal from.

A few cell phones, really. How many android phones are infected do you think? A quick search will tell you that very easily. Yes big companies are getting breached do you actually know the methods that are being used to gain access? I'll give you a clue: social media -> take control of targets cell phone , then targets computer then userid and logon of vendor accounts then jump into corporate network, then all hell breaks loose. Take the time to find out just how sophisticated the " Target" breach was, then you will begin to understand just how misinformed you are when you make statements like "That's what hackers go after, not a few cell phones with the hopes of finding one person they can steal from" . Btw I work in protecting company networks from infiltrators and I am briefed on all the various methods that hackers use to steal information. So please stop spreading misinformation, all you are doing is leading people into a false sense of security. At best a pest at worst causing real damage thru your incessant misunderstandings. Hackers are going after anything and everything, they hang out in forums looking for high value targets that can gain them access to more secure systems, any info they gather about people and the systems they might have access to is valuable. Did you know that hackers leave flash drives lying on the ground at many corporations hoping that someone will pick them up and plug them into a company workstation, it happens all the time. And the payload once inside starts looking for servers to compromise. It's now at the point where iT departments have to disable USB ports because employees are so uneducated on this.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member

DED ought to have titled the article "The War Is Over. Apple Won."

There are many reasons for that, but two stand out: simplicity/friendliness for users (including the killer unique personal support offered at Apple Stores) - which every not-a-techie in the world craves - and security. which lack of security more and more now every user in the world really fears.

security is today's trump card. it wins.

Google (and MS) can never ever match Apple for either. they'll copy everything else  they can - and Apple will also keep adding their good ideas to iOS/OSX. but by now most have realized that Google data mines them - forever. 

• Reply 84 of 84
    Competition is healthy, no matter which camp you are in.

So if I came and stole your gf away and had my way with her for a few years it would be okay because I can invoke the " competition is healthy" excuse . I see , that nice of you! How enlightened you are!