Apple releases second public betas of iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Capitan

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    ecmorton wrote: »
    What is everyone's opinion of El Capitan? Is it "safe" yet to use on your primary Mac or will it be too much trouble? Thanks!

It's a beta, but I've found the experience since the 1st dev beta to be very good for Apple, and on this 4th beta I can't say I've experience any issues. I've been running the betas on a Late 2013 15" MBP, Late-2014 Mac mini, and Early-2015 12" MacBook. Also have iOS 9 on an iPhone 6 Plus and watchOS 2.0 in play. More issues with those than with El Cap, but even those aren't bad, and I'd say iOS 9 betas are midline to good if I were to take a guess on their iOS beta history.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Those switches should trump everything else. I'd say you have both a very deep and very rare issue. I hope it works itself out.

Magically, when you posted that it came up with Slide To Upgrade after an hour of being on the Apple Logo. Thank you magical Solipsism!

• Reply 23 of 31
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    Thank you magical Solipsism!

LOL If only.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Considerable battery drain and iPhone heating up on 5s since updating to PB2. Hopefully it's only temporary. I wonder if there's a way to downgrade to PB1...
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Well, the Apple Insider app works again in PB2. Immediately crashed in PB1. Does seem snappier on an iPhone 5 16 MB.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    So far I've only had a few consistent issues with the iOS 9 and El Capitan betas and I think some of them are "features" (or user error!).

On my iPad Air, every time I restart the Settings app is open in the background (even if I double check closing it before I shut down and restart). Also, when I open Mail, I get a blank screen with "No Message Selected" when I pull out the side bar it's totally blank. I put it back in, pull it back out and there's all my mail. Last, that freakin' Game Center. Used to be you could dismiss its request to log in 3 times and it would stay off until you updated your software. Now you have to do it four times and it resets as soon as you restart your iPad. I really don't like how they try to force Game Center down our throats.

With El Capitan on my 15" Late 2013 rMBP, the only issue I have is that Outlook for Mac crashes every single time I open it (even after installing an update from MS and the supplemental beta that was supposed to stop crashing of 32 bit applications). Other than that I LOVE El Capitan. I'm sure it will all get worked out. Just putting in my feedback when these things pop up.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    heliahelia Posts: 170member

ios9Beta4 solved all the problems I had with last betas, I haven't encountered any glitch or bug or crash so far, works fine with the iPhone.

• Reply 28 of 31
    yuck9yuck9 Posts: 112member
    With all the cash Apple has you would think they might improve there connection speed. I have 100mb down and the update is under 1mbps WTF.
  • Reply 29 of 31

Fixed the "No Cell Coverage" battery drain in iOS 9, def a good thing.  

• Reply 30 of 31
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 700member

I declined upgrading the Notes when it asked the first time on the iPad since I hadn't put the beta on the iPhone - anyone know if there is a way to do so now that I have both iOS devices on 9?  It never asked again...

• Reply 31 of 31

Yes, internal error of game center here as well! How do I fix it?