Top iOS ad blocker Crystal lets advertisers pay to bypass restrictions

Comments

• Reply 141 of 184
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'll believe you when a white tennis pro gets tackled by cops, because black with money obviously means nothing.

Wrong. It's just that non-white (quite honestly, I don't like these collectivist terms, identifying individuals by skin color) recipients of police excesses get extraordinary coverage these days because it's currently driving more views/traffic/interest/outrage.

The collectivist/Communistic view of human beings is the problem. You are not a skin color. You are born, live and die an individual and the US Constitution only recognizes individual rights, not collective "rights".
  • Reply 142 of 184
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Wrong. It's just that non-white (quite honestly, I don't like these collectivist terms, identifying individuals by skin color) recipients of police excesses get extraordinary coverage these days because it's currently driving more views/traffic/interest/outrage.

Don't you think it's a little presumptuous of you to make that determination with no data whatsoever and from the perspective of a white guy?

Disclosure: white-looking hispanic guy here. Always treated with respect and deference by cops. Have experienced first hand cops' rude and aggressive behavior towards friends who look hispanic or black. 

• Reply 143 of 184
    Did you just 'invent' that graph? Next [@]SpamSandwich[/@] is going to tell us is that white privilege doesn’t exist either.

Edit: you know it's gotten bad when other whites complain about it.

Oh that Brooklyn Moment is absolutely hilarious... especially the comments.

I saw it somewhere else on YouTube earlier in the weak where the comments were akin to UFC vs. Olympic Boxing in the above (12? Nobody cares? Shocking!)
  • Reply 144 of 184
    freediverx wrote: »

Don't you think it's a little presumptuous of you to make that determination with no data whatsoever and from the perspective of a white guy?

Disclosure: white-looking hispanic guy here. Always treated with respect and deference by cops. Have experienced first hand cops' rude and aggressive behavior towards friends who look hispanic or black. 

Why are you assuming I'm a "white guy"?

Also "the police" are all ethnicities. The issue with police is the legal allowance of behavior that exceeds what a normal person would conclude to be sensible. Protection from prosecution for violent responses engenders a culture of violent response.
  • Reply 145 of 184
    I'll believe you when a white tennis pro gets tackled by cops, because black with money obviously means nothing.

The collectivist/Communistic view of human beings is the problem. You are not a skin color. You are born, live and die an individual and the US Constitution only recognizes individual rights, not collective "rights".

How many white credit card fraud suspects get tackled by the police? Did Bernie Madoff get tackled, and thrown to the ground? The police officer had a conversation, shook hands, and patted James Blake on the shoulder before walking off, and then running back to tackle him.
  • Reply 146 of 184

That's totally me as well. I got into a car accident with a black gentlemen, and when the cops arrived they pulled me to the side, and asked if I was 'on the job?' meaning if I was a police officer.
  • Reply 147 of 184
    That's totally me as well. I got into a car accident with a black gentlemen, and when the cops arrived they pulled me to the side, and asked if I was 'on the job?' meaning if I was a police officer.

Do you have a buzz cut and were you wearing a sidearm?
  • Reply 148 of 184

Yup! Those evil tracking ads causing the media to be click-whores again I see.

Allow me to properly finish that thought for you. This according to the majority US "Court of Popular Opinion™":

The collectivist/Communistic view of human beings is the problem. You are not a skin color. You are nothing but hands and feet to plow your coolective endeavors into upholding and serving the ruling Communist/Marxist apparatchik and thus glowing examples of effective propaganda.

Skin color, language or locality has nothing to do with it.

Have I pointed out yet that this "Court of Popular Opinion™" gets things wrong and is often quite disappointing?
  • Reply 149 of 184

Oh you dirty Son Of A Conquistador...! :D
  • Reply 150 of 184

Do you have a buzz cut and were you wearing a sidearm?

:lol:, neither, but I've always been told that I have that 'look'.
  • Reply 151 of 184

Oh you dirty Son Of A Conquistador...! :D

At the very least a great great great great great grandson of one. :lol:
  • Reply 152 of 184
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

When I was younger I had a bad habit of neglecting to update the tag on my car. One day I was pulled over with a six month expired tag. I actually had the new replacement tag inside the car with me but had not bothered to replace it. So I wait as the cop spends several minutes in his car writing up a ticket. When he finished and walked up to my window, I sheepishly held up the new tag and said "sorry."

He was visibly annoyed, and after a moment's hesitation he brusquely asked me to "step out of the car please, sir!" He had me follow him to the back of my car where he proceeded to replace my tag while I watched. He did not give me a ticket. I was both grateful and flabbergasted.

I have trouble imagining this happening with a black dude.

• Reply 153 of 184
    pmcdpmcd Posts: 396member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    The ‘everything should be free’ on the Internet bozo crowd is getting more than it asked for. It’s hilarious to see them posting here and elsewhere about how they block everything and have this nirvana-like Internet experience now. Oh wait... advertisers are still getting to them and their web viewing habits. Talk about an arms race, and it’s just getting started.

It is not our fault that the ad industry has turned the web into a cesspool of brainwashing. The behaviours of this particular app is despicable.
  • Reply 154 of 184
    :lol:, neither, but I've always been told that I have that 'look'.

Assumptions are often made based on appearances. Sometimes fun to tweak expectations by "dressing down" or "up" and seeing how people react. I wore weather-inappropriate nice clothes yesterday and was constantly referred to as "sir", instead of "buddy" or "bro" or what have you...I found that amusing.
  • Reply 155 of 184
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

At the very least a great great great great great grandson of one. image

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Oh you dirty Son Of A Conquistador...! image

One time I was on a business trip in Dallas. Before heading back to my room I stopped at the hotel bar for a drink. A conversation ensues with a fellow bar patron who asks where I'm from. After I answer "Miami" he laughs and replies, "Ha, well not too many fuckin' Cubans here!" I am Cuban-American.

At times I feel like Eddy Murphy in that old SNL skit where he's made up and dressed to look like a white guy and discovers the "secret world" of of white people in NYC. 

• Reply 156 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Bailey View Post

Developer gets money from both sides. Stuff that. If an ad gets through then you haven't done your job and a refund should be issued.

You need to read closer the person in the article said 

Quote:

Users can enable full ad blocking by disabling the "acceptable ads" option.

• Reply 157 of 184

When I was younger I had a bad habit of neglecting to update the tag on my car. One day I was pulled over with a six month expired tag. I actually had the new replacement tag inside the car with me but had not bothered to replace it. So I wait as the cop spends several minutes in his car writing up a ticket. When he finished and walked up to my window, I sheepishly held up the new tag and said "sorry."

He was visibly annoyed, and after a moment's hesitation he brusquely asked me to "step out of the car please, sir!" He had me follow him to the back of my car where he proceeded to replace my tag while I watched. He did not give me a ticket. I was both grateful and flabbergasted.

I have trouble imagining this happening with a black dude.

On 3 separate occasions I've driven past a red light right in front of the cops because I wasn't paying attention, and every single time I was not ticketed because I seem like a nice guy.
  • Reply 158 of 184
    At the very least a great great great great great grandson of one. :lol:

I figured that much... and it would've ruined the punchline... also genealogy can be tricky: you never know what "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" you might find under that tree and feel sorry that they're like, in you some way... eww! Better to skip a gen and error on the singular being responsible... some times.
  • Reply 159 of 184
    On 3 separate occasions I've driven past a red light right in front of the cops because I wasn't paying attention, and every single time I was not ticketed because I seem like a nice guy.

"On 3 separate occasions I've driven past a red light..."

Um...
  • Reply 160 of 184

One time I was on a business trip in Dallas. Before heading back to my room I stopped at the hotel bar for a drink. A conversation ensues with a fellow bar patron who asks where I'm from. After I answer "Miami" he laughs and replies, "Ha, well not too many fuckin' Cubans here!" I am Cuban-American.

At times I feel like Eddy Murphy in that old SNL skit where he's made up and dressed to look like a white guy and discovers the "secret world" of of white people in NYC. 

That was funny. Why not so much these days?

Anyway... you missed my memo that the only good thing in Dallas are the Cowboys Cheerleaders!

So many examples of excellence in free-market economies... but this one stands out "collectively" and rather Communist in spirit :smokey: