Developers, public beta testers receive fifth iOS 9.1 beta

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2015
Apple on Monday released the fifth preview of its next iOS point release, making a new beta of iOS 9.1 available to developers and end users enrolled in the iOS public beta program.

Carrying build number 13B137, the latest iOS 9.1 beta includes relatively few known issues. iCloud Keychain could prove problematic for some users, but that problem can be remedied with a simple reboot.

PhotoKit continues to display issues with gesture recognizers, while the restore process might not work for all users. Those with two-factor authentication enabled may not see their full list of available backups.

iOS 9.1 beta 5 is available as an over-the-air update for eligible users, or as a direct download via the Apple Developer Center.

Unlike previous betas, beta 5 was not accompanied by new previews of Xcode, Apple Configurator, or tvOS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15

If the iPad Pro is shipping at the end of this month, then they better be done with it about now. I expect RTM next week.

• Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

If the iPad Pro is shipping at the end of this month, then they better be done with it about now. I expect RTM next week.

Didn't Apple, during their keynote, say that the iPad Pro is shipping November?

• Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

Didn't Apple, during their keynote, say that the iPad Pro is shipping November?

Orders will likely open the last week of October, and release the first week of November. Regardless, they have to be building them right now.

• Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:

Orders will likely open the last week of October, and release the first week of November. Regardless, they have to be building them right now.

If that's the case then I wouldn't be surprised if we see one more beta next week with RTM the last week of October.

• Reply 5 of 15
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:

The only official Apple statement I have seen said "shipping in November" that means sometime in November. I would love it if that was the beginning of November but it could just as easily (and perhaps more likely) be at the end of November.

• Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IndyFX View Post

The only official Apple statement I have seen said "shipping in November" that means sometime in November. I would love it if that was the beginning of November but it could just as easily (and perhaps more likely) be at the end of November.

If Gurman is right, and he does have a great track record, iPad Pro might be shipping early November.

http://************/2015/10/08/apple-tv-ipad-pro-october-november/

• Reply 7 of 15

I hope he's right, however unnamed sources always make me dubious. (but I don't know anything about Gurman's reputation so I will take your insight on that and wax hopeful :-)

• Reply 8 of 15
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyFX View Post

I hope he's right, however unnamed sources always make me dubious. (but I don't know anything about Gurman's reputation so I will take your insight on that and wax hopeful :-)

Gurman's reputation for leaking Apple's roadmap is pretty stellar.  Not perfect of course, but I have yet to see anyone with a better track record than him.

• Reply 9 of 15
    I just want the new ? tv already lol ? make it happen
  • Reply 10 of 15
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    I wonder how stable this is on the 6s+, I've been wanting to try it for some time now but have been holding off.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    ifail wrote: »
    I wonder how stable this is on the 6s+, I've been wanting to try it for some time now but have been holding off.

I don't think it would be to bad it runs pretty stable on my regular 6+ way better than most of the betas from iOS 9.0 especially since many of my apps now are iOS 9 compliant.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member
    9.0 hasn't been too stable for me. Wifi calling keeps dropping speaker when it switches back and forth. I've had a few apps crash, and some weird lags where I need to wait seconds for text to finally appear on the screen after being typed. And this on an iPhone 6. If it's not better with 9.1 I suppose I'll do a clean install...
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

9.0 hasn't been too stable for me. Wifi calling keeps dropping speaker when it switches back and forth. I've had a few apps crash, and some weird lags where I need to wait seconds for text to finally appear on the screen after being typed. And this on an iPhone 6. If it's not better with 9.1 I suppose I'll do a clean install...

Has been great on all the phones we have installed it on (5's, 5s's and a 6).

First I'd do a restore in iTunes (back up and then restore it ) to make sure the iOS install was OK 

Also try reseting your prefs (you will clear wifi settings (including passwords) & some app prefs) 

Settings—>General—>Reset—>Reset All Settings

takes a minute or two to restart after a reset.

• Reply 14 of 15
    Does anyone know if 9.1 address the problem with pop/smtp email in iOS 9. There are several massive threads running on Apple forum highlighting total loss of devices email archive. The reports appear technically literate and include detailed evidence and level 7 confirmation of the issue. The users affected come from all corners - Australia, US, UK, Croatia! Evidence confirms it is not a email provider issue and isolates the problem to iOS 9. I would be really grateful if a) any pop/smtp users can confirm the issue has not transferred to OS X El Capitan and b) any beta testers can confirm that this latest iOS 9.1 beta fixes the issue.
  • Reply 15 of 15

App slicing is not available for iOS 9 apps due to an issue affecting iCloud backups created from iOS 9. When a customer downloads your iOS 9 app, they will get the Universal version of your app, rather than the variant specific for their device type. Top iOS development companies http://www.mobileapptelligence.com are keen to know all the features of iOS9 to tweak their offerings