Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    Nancy the Hypocrite

Did you know one of perks of being in Congress is you can legally make insider trades on the stock market?  Nancy knows.  She was exposed as an example on 60 Minutes a few years ago.  She was making investments in Visa/MasterCard stock while on the Congressional committee for bank card oversight.  That's what you call a real insider!  Total crook.  Probably on YouTube so check it out!
    edited June 2016 latifbpmetalcaseSpamSandwichcully
  • Reply 22 of 68
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    larrya said:
    It does baffle as to why Tim Cook would help to raise money for any participant in a party who's presidential candidate says Apple should be boycotted and that he is going to force Apple to move manufacturing from China to the U.S.  I guess I'm the naive one.
    Actually you are quite naive, even clueless. You apparently take politicians at their word. Tim Cook knows full well Trump is blowing smoke for public consumption. He knows that no matter which party’s candidate is in the in the Whitehouse things will remain business as usual. Why? Because Tim Cook knows who runs the country and it AIN’T the person in the Whitehouse. Even if HRC becomes POTUS she will almost certainly face at least one of the houses of Congress controlled by the GOP, maybe both. And gridlock will continue like it has under Obama. 
    latifbpmetalcase
  • Reply 23 of 68
    apple ][ said:
    lkrupp said:
    Remember, this is the same Nancy Pelosi who very recently proclaimed that the Government, not Steve Jobs, invented the iPhone. Wow, between the government (her) and Al Gore they invented the iPhone AND the Internet.
    Wow, somehow I must've missed that gem coming from her.

She must be related to Barack "You didn't build that!" Hussein Obama!

Spoken like true fascists.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/06/10/nancy-pelosi-apple-iphone-steve-jobs-federal-research/

Listen to the shit come out of her lunatic fringe left mouth.
    SpamSandwichnetmagetallest skilmetalcase
  • Reply 24 of 68
    adrayvenadrayven Posts: 460member
    My understanding is, until Trump, Apple would always donate to both parties in the spirit of the national democratic process. Now, while they don't want to support Trump, they do want to speak with those who might, somehow, have a marginal amount of control to 'stump trump'..

Which is what I think this is about. Of course someone had to put a partisan spin on it.. Democrats beat republicans to that I guess.

For Apple, this is less about picking sides and more about a single candidate they really don't like and seeing if working with those republicans that are apposed to him can do anything.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 25 of 68
    GymkhanaGymkhana Posts: 45member
    Clearly Timmy is playing the return-favor game with Ryan, as Ryan and his buddies have likely given favor to Timmy and his offshoring of capital, among possibly other corporate and legislative favors.  As for all the Pelosi bashing, turn off Fox "News" for your "facts".  Pelosi actually presided over one of the most prolific and effective House legislative periods in US hhistory.  Compare that to the current joke of a Congress.
  • Reply 26 of 68
    GymkhanaGymkhana Posts: 45member
    apple ][ said:
    lkrupp said:
    Remember, this is the same Nancy Pelosi who very recently proclaimed that the Government, not Steve Jobs, invented the iPhone. Wow, between the government (her) and Al Gore they invented the iPhone AND the Internet.
    Wow, somehow I must've missed that gem coming from her.

She must be related to Barack "You didn't build that!" Hussein Obama!

Spoken like true fascists.
    Nobody does it "on their own".  Try to name one example of someone who has.  How much civilian technology has come from the US military and space programs?  Yep, lots, Sparky.  How much do pharmaceutical companies benefit from NIH research?  Yep, lots, Sparky.  And all that from your government, the "fascists", to use your terminology.  Enjoy your GPS on your next drive to dinner at a new restaurant, Sparky.
    mknelson
  • Reply 27 of 68
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    why- said:

what's with the sudden rush of politically themed articles? 
    Current events?

The Nancy Pelosi thing happened yesterday... the Elizabeth Warren thing happened today.

Both reference Apple or Tim Cook directly.

And neither feels out of place on an Apple-oriented site!  

:)
    metalcase
  • Reply 28 of 68
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    apple ][ said:

I don't really believe in a heaven or hell, but if they do exist, then I'm pretty sure that I know which direction the majority of politicians are heading.
    So True. This is one of the reasons I think Trump can do something different due to his non politician background. However for any new president to do anything constructive congress has to be put on notice.
    tallest skilcully
  • Reply 29 of 68
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The only way to get money out of politics is to legally limit individual donations to any candidate or campaign and to not allow companies to donate at all.
    netmage
  • Reply 30 of 68
    Gosh, she should move on.

She's way past her sell-by date. 
    she's (pelosi) is a good candidate for NIMH!
  • Reply 31 of 68
    ppietrappietra Posts: 288member
    what a cheap shot. It almost seems like she believes that every republican is like Donald Trump
    Having said that it does seem probable that Tim Cook’s fundraiser was a way to appease the republican party after snubbing the party convention because of Trump
    steveh
  • Reply 32 of 68
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    thewhitefalcon said:
    I mean, I think Nancy's 'intelligence' speaks for itself. Must be all the Botox.

par4 said:
    Since 2009 (you know, those tough years), her wealth has grown from 24-100 Million. 
    Yeah, she must be really stupid.
  • Reply 33 of 68
    Perolsi should keep her nose where it's place is or someone will show her where her place is.... soon.
  • Reply 34 of 68
    prolineproline Posts: 222member
    larrya said:
    It does baffle as to why Tim Cook would help to raise money for any participant in a party who's presidential candidate says Apple should be boycotted and that he is going to force Apple to move manufacturing from China to the U.S.  I guess I'm the naive one.
    You need to look past the end of the day to understand. Trump will come and go. The republicans will continue to exist. Cook is going to want those who are left on his side. 
  • Reply 35 of 68
    Gymkhana said:
    Clearly Timmy is playing the return-favor game with Ryan, as Ryan and his buddies have likely given favor to Timmy and his offshoring of capital, among possibly other corporate and legislative favors.  As for all the Pelosi bashing, turn off Fox "News" for your "facts".  Pelosi actually presided over one of the most prolific and effective House legislative periods in US hhistory.  Compare that to the current joke of a Congress.
    How’s the weather on planet Democrat Prime? You know, the planet that’s in a galaxy far, far, away.
    netmagetallest skilmetalcase
  • Reply 36 of 68
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    • “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
    • “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”
    • “It’s almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem.”
    • “I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.”
    • “Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program.”

I mean, I think Nancy's 'intelligence' speaks for itself. Must be all the Botox.

^^^ This.  LOL
    netmagebuzdots
  • Reply 37 of 68
    Evetyone is entitled to their opinions, however I object to having a single person who is elected push their views on me by enacting laws on which I had zero input.  

Power corrupts or at least it leads to complacency or inertia.  Term limits for every political office is needed, judges need to be appointed for shorter and limited terms and eliminate political pensions.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    larrya said:
    Maybe it's because Elizabeth Warren is saying that Apple has too much monopoly power and that something needs to be done about it. 

Trump wants Apple to manufacture its products in the US. A far cry from threatening action against a monopolist like Warren intends against Apple. 

Apple will do what's in its best interests. Even if it is about sending a message to the democrats that their so-called progressive agenda needs to be realigned. 

• Reply 39 of 68
    Elizabeth Warren has one hell of a nerve saying that she is a reformer, especially of Wall Street and Big Banking!   Where in the hell was her big mouth in 2008 when she could have introduced legislation to disjoin the big banks from security firms, the elimination of sub-prime mortgage bundling and creation of a stronger SEC??????
  • Reply 40 of 68
    mytdavemytdave Posts: 447member
    If Nancy Pelosi is upset, then you're definitely doing the right thing!
    buzdotsmetalcase