Everything you need to know before preordering Apple's iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus on Friday,...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    xzu said:
    Does the Apple Pencil work with the iPhone 7?
    no.
  • Reply 42 of 47

cmd-z said:
    "With the shuffling, has come the eradication of all the 16GB configurations in the iPhone 6s family" At 107:14, the keynote clearly shows the 6s/6s+ in 16 & 64GB capacities ... 16GB is only gone in the 7/7+.
    whatever the presentation showed, the 6s 16GB configuration is gone from the Apple Store.
  • Reply 43 of 47

Why all this can't charge and listen to Music at the same time?  Isn't that what Apple's existing lightning dock is for?
    It is, but you can't do it out of the box.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a new (3rd party) adapter with single male lightning input (to phone) and 2 outputs: USB for power and one female lightning to support the Apple 3.5-to-lightning adapter or lightning headphones.  Really awkward.  Don't think Apple would support such a thing.
    I think their endgame is no lightning port at all, with wireless charging and headphones.  Now *that* would cause havoc.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,344member
    RSGinSF said:

Why all this can't charge and listen to Music at the same time?  Isn't that what Apple's existing lightning dock is for?
    It is, but you can't do it out of the box.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a new (3rd party) adapter with single male lightning input (to phone) and 2 outputs: USB for power and one female lightning to support the Apple 3.5-to-lightning adapter or lightning headphones.  Really awkward.  Don't think Apple would support such a thing.
    I think their endgame is no lightning port at all, with wireless charging and headphones.  Now *that* would cause havoc.
    Next year for the wireless charging, but Apple will keep Lightning for quite a while; too many devices supporting it and no alternatives, other than conversion to USB Type C, and what would be the point this far along?
  • Reply 45 of 47

fulwild said:
    Anecdotally not apocryphally
    Apocryphally is the word I wanted to use. While the people I've spoken to about it do decry the change, and make claims of "lots of us," that's hard to verify, and of only little more value than one person saying "in my experience" to refute something with a body of evidence.
    that word isn't even in the default OS X dictionary. I'm sure theres a better alternative. 
  • Reply 46 of 47
    johnbear said:
    I for one Im tired of upgrading every year since 2008, Ill stick with the 64 6S plus for now. I might have been tempted to upgrade if the 7 actually had 4gb of ram. 
    The Jet-black is disgusting, looks like is made for truckers and bikers..  
    GTFO you don't even have an iPhone