Ice fisher's iPhone 7 Plus survives 13-hour immersion after dunk in Russian river

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    KingJames said:
    My iPhone 7 plus was on 1" of water for 30 seconds and was dead within 5 hours.  When I returned it to apple (who sold me a new one at a discount) they stated they have seen a number get returned and it's not waterproof and my experience was the norm from what they have seen/heard. 

Bases on on how my phone died after such shallow and short exposure I would consider this a HUGE exception and likely to never be repeated.  The phone is not waterproof not even close. 
    We get dozens of tips a month saying that their iPhone 7 survived a ridiculous immersion, at depth, or for a long period of time.

We only very rarely get tips claiming what you are. While I'm sure that it happens, your experience with the phone is the exception, and not the rule, given what we see on a day-to-day basis.
    Rayz2016
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Perhaps we could focus on somethig more practical than storing electronic device under water. How about making the glass not breaking on some modest impacts?
    How about you learn to look after your stuff?
  • Reply 23 of 23
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    This is a great video and so Russian.  It is a testimony not only to Apple design and engineering but also how iPhone users love their iPhones.  Doubt this guy would have cared as much for an android device (or his friends).