Rumor: Apple Pencil 2 coming this spring with magnets to attach to iPad, plus pocket clip

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    dysamoria said:
    Eraser end is a natural usage case and way more immediate than toggling software settings. Wacom can do it and it's a benefit there. Their stylus doesn't even need batteries. Of course, the better Wacom stylus doesn't have an eraser end either (unless they've redesigned it since I bought mine).
    The eraser is a poor substitute for an actual erase function in software. You guys who are so loving over the eraser don't seem to understand that writing isn't the main function of the Pencil. Graphics of all kinds is. So sure, if all you need the stylus for is mundane writing, and you occasionally need to erase a mistake, then the eraser is fine.

but it's not fine for sophisticated work, and that's why Wacom has not seen fit to have it on its best stylus. It's a pain working in PS and using the eraser.
    Soli
  • Reply 62 of 65
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    dysamoria said:
    Eraser end is a natural usage case and way more immediate than toggling software settings. Wacom can do it and it's a benefit there. Their stylus doesn't even need batteries. Of course, the better Wacom stylus doesn't have an eraser end either (unless they've redesigned it since I bought mine).
    This is why lots of apps allow one finger to be a different gesture to pencil tip. Pencil for drawing tool, finger for erase/smudge, two fingers scroll. Works very well once use to it.
    Soli
  • Reply 63 of 65
    TomETomE Posts: 172member
    Kaizen - The Process of Continuous Improvement.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    Can you not use Qi charging in the pencil instead of the lightning port? 
  • Reply 65 of 65
    LBTLBT Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I think that any updates would be great , but I am constantly afraid of loosing the small connection charging piece and what to do with the top when it is charging?? I have purchased the plastic attachment with the loop that interchanges the top to the charging connector. But it is not secure , I still managed to misplace the top while using the charging connector. It would be nice to have single design to be able to snap the charging connector into a build-in place on the Ipencil some how? This singleness of design would eliminate the need to add attachments to hold the small items into place, especially if they are not sufficiently made.