California police turn to decoys & undercover agents to trap person shooting at Apple & Go...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Soli said:
    How many deaths are associated with your words?
    Eh, 40 or so. I founded Heaven’s Gate. ;)
    Oh the humanity!
    Oh, the misanthropy.
    the person to even suggest taking guns away from any US citizen without due process is Trump
    Yes, I’m sure Hillary and Obama never said anything like that¡ Guess you missed today’s headlines, too. Did you know that the Founding Fathers were basically proto-fascists? And yet you want Americans not to be... Fun little fact. (I’m not, but hey)
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 42 of 55
    lkrupp said:

blastdoor said:
    Yay guns! 
    So ban pellet rifles too? How about rocks?
    How about a compromise? More robust background checks and put a high powered rifle in every university clock tower?
  • Reply 43 of 55
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    airnerd said:
    Sounds like bored/stupid people doing stupid stuff.  Boeing had this issue, I think they still do.  As they would move their fuselages via rail, they would end up at the end of the line with .22 holes in them.  People were shooting at the trains as they rolled by.  
    When a person was shooting at cars on the freeways in Arizona, the people fought back by forming posses and the perpetrator was found quickly. No, they didn’t just kill the idiot. However, bounty hunters could just as easily be hired to find the scum shooting at these buses.
    I say let sgov't employees handle it if you have the manpower available since they're already on the payroll. If you don't, then seek to hire contractors to locate the individual(s). In the end, you still need actual law enforcement to make an arrest if you want any conviction to stick.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Yes, I’m sure Hillary and Obama never said anything like that¡
    I'd love to see evidence where Hillary and Obama said that we should take legally purchased firearms away from US citizens without due process.

Did you know that the Founding Fathers were basically proto-fascists?
    If one supports Trump suggesting the removal of due process for US citizens then I guess that would be welcome news.
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 45 of 55
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Any genuine attempts to confiscate arms, instead of voluntary measures would be met with an overwhelming response from the many people who understand and take seriously constitutional matters in the US. There are a lot of us. I don’t take seriously anyone in Washington posturing on this issue.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    lkrupp said:

blastdoor said:
    Yay guns! 
    So ban pellet rifles too? How about rocks?
    How about a compromise? More robust background checks and put a high powered rifle in every university clock tower?
    How about no background checks and people continue to exercise their constitutionally protected rights unimpeded? That’s the only acceptable path.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    TS: Did you know the 2nd Amendment was created so that we could protect ourselves against a fascist gov't?

Also TS: Did you know that the Founding Fathers were fascists?

:facepalm:
  • Reply 48 of 55
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    fred1 said:

The solution is simple.

Start arming the bus drivers.
    There's an even better solution: disarm the perpetrators.  
    The real solution is to ban pellet guns altogether! Alone with rocks and stones and other throw-able objects lest they might be used by someone for something terrible.
    Yeh, ban everything but Assault Weapons...   We NEED Assault Weapons...  They keep the population down.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Soli said:
    ...protect ourselves against a fascist gov’t?
    Never said that. No wonder you’re confused; you think your strawmen are “self-contradictions.”
    Yeh, ban everything but Assault Weapons...   We NEED Assault Weapons...  They keep the population down.
    Since the thread exists in the first place to be “timely” (despite Congress already giving up–for now–on even more unconstitutional gun bans) and since it’s populated with a myriad false statements, we can end the thread right now by me saying seven simple words. They’ll shut up all the liberals and likely get the thread closed. Wanna end the thread? I’m game!
  • Reply 50 of 55
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Any genuine attempts to confiscate arms, instead of voluntary measures would be met with an overwhelming response from the many people who understand and take seriously constitutional matters in the US. There are a lot of us. I don’t take seriously anyone in Washington posturing on this issue.
    OK
    ... Game On!

(at least we wouldn't have to worry about background checks anymore.   The crazies would be gone, gone, gone...)
  • Reply 51 of 55
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,338member
    blastdoor said:
    The solution is simple.

Then everyone who ever cut off a bus would be dead. 
    No, then you just arm everyone. It's the principle of mutually assured destruction. Everyone would know that if you ever used your gun, you would instantly be shot by everyone around you. And so that would ensure that nobody would ever use their gun. We know this would work because all people are rational game theorists, and carefully consider the costs and benefits of every decision they make. 

I suppose another option would be for nobody to have guns, but that's just silly -- people love guns! And it's clear why -- they're so useful for so many things! You can kill animals with them, add holes to things that need holes but don't currently have holes, etc. 

So an article about some idiot/idiots shooting BB guns at windows of tech company vans is slowly spiraling into a pro/anti gun discussion? Stop the madness!
    airnerdmmatz
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Soli said:
    ...protect ourselves against a fascist gov’t?
    Never said that. No wonder you’re confused; you think your strawmen are “self-contradictions.”
    My bad. Please refesh me as what you believe was the original intent of the 2nd Amendment.
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 53 of 55
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    jcs2305 said:
    blastdoor said:
    The solution is simple.

No, then you just arm everyone. It's the principle of mutually assured destruction. Everyone would know that if you ever used your gun, you would instantly be shot by everyone around you. And so that would ensure that nobody would ever use their gun. We know this would work because all people are rational game theorists, and carefully consider the costs and benefits of every decision they make. 

I suppose another option would be for nobody to have guns, but that's just silly -- people love guns! And it's clear why -- they're so useful for so many things! You can kill animals with them, add holes to things that need holes but don't currently have holes, etc. 

So an article about some idiot/idiots shooting BB guns at windows of tech company vans is slowly spiraling into a pro/anti gun discussion? Stop the madness!
    I know +1 comments aren't allowed, but I plus one this.  I'd rather discuss  the impact big tech is having to the economies than this gun control politics garbage.  
  • Reply 54 of 55
    airnerd said:
    jcs2305 said:
    blastdoor said:
    The solution is simple.

I know +1 comments aren't allowed, but I plus one this.  I'd rather discuss  the impact big tech is having to the economies than this gun control politics garbage.  
    There are unlimited threads in type of forum. What about "the impact big tech is having to the economies" would you like to discuss?
  • Reply 55 of 55
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,917administrator
    OK
    ... Game On!

(at least we wouldn't have to worry about background checks anymore.   The crazies would be gone, gone, gone...)
    Game OFF.

There was no reason for this thread to escalate the way it did, but yet, here we are.
    edited March 2018 tallest skilDAalseth
This discussion has been closed.