Apple part numbers for 2018 MacBook and iPad models turn up in Eurasia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    entropys said: 
    it would be good to have as up to date a system as possible to have the utility of the device for as long as possible.
    Particularly when what’s available is already an entire year old.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    macxpress said:

On the other hand, research reports from fairly reliable sources have hinted at a 2018 refresh of the 13" MacBook Air that -- in all likelihood -- would borrow heavily from the more modern design of the 12" MacBook. 

It's therefore possible that A1931 and A1932 could represent a consolidation of the 12" MacBook and 13" MacBook Air offerings, with A1931 referring to a refreshed 12" MacBook and A1932 referencing an overhaul to the 13" MacBook Air offering that would closely match the 12" model, only with a larger 13- or even 14-inch display.
    I don’t get why this is referred to as an “overhaul of the Air” and not just a new MacBook size. 
    I would think it would just be a brand new Mac laptop which may or may not have the Air naming. 
    Yes, a new MacBook. There's no need for the Air moniker. It existed because the Air was thinner than the MacBook. The MacBook is currently thinner than the Air, so unless the new one is even thinner than that (unlikely), there's no reason for it. There have been previous rumors that there would eventually be a second MacBook size. I still believe the Air is only around until the MacBook can hit $999.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    F this. I like Touch ID, and I still don't like the notch. I'll wait util these new models are for sale and buy a previous generation of iPad to save money. 
    Clueless comment. 

I recently had my iPhone stolen on a trip abroad. Had to live on my wife’s 7+ for a couple of weeks. I felt like I had gone back 18 months in a time machine. (Got back to the US, got a new iPhone X, restored it, and I feel like life is back on track again.) You have no idea how superb the new interface is. 
    F this. I like Touch ID, and I still don't like the notch. I'll wait util these new models are for sale and buy a previous generation of iPad to save money. 
    Clueless comment. 

I recently had my iPhone stolen on a trip abroad. Had to live on my wife’s 7+ for a couple of weeks. I felt like I had gone back 18 months in a time machine. (Got back to the US, got a new iPhone X, restored it, and I feel like life is back on track again.) You have no idea how superb the new interface is. 
    Exact same experience here. :)

Looks like there's a surge of thefts of the iPhone X belonging to guys with wives owning a 7+ going abroad!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    Cool story bro. 
    macguifastasleep
  • Reply 25 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    entropys said: 
    it would be good to have as up to date a system as possible to have the utility of the device for as long as possible.
    Particularly when what’s available is already an entire year old.
    [looks at 2011 iMac desktop still in daily service for a dev] Yeah Apple and the normals that represent its primary customer base don’t care about specs the way techie forum goers do. Maybe one day you’ll understand that. 

Any new laptop bought a student will be 100% absolutely fine for their student computing needs for the next four years. 
    edited July 2018 fastasleep
  • Reply 26 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Apple and the normals that represent its primary customer base don’t care about specs the way techie forum goers do. Maybe one day you’ll understand that. 
    Techie forum goers are the only reason Apple still exists today. Maybe one day you’ll understand that. Or not, and we’ll get to see a slow, horrendously painful decline where you deny reality every single day, rationalizing away bad decisions (and purposefully bad decisions) until Apple starts taking out loans to meet payments on interest to loans.
    Any new laptop bought a student will be 100% absolutely fine for their student computing needs for the next four years. 
    Sure. It’s still no excuse to have no updates.