How to see hidden files and folders in macOS

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    danny602 said:
    We don’t need to see these hidden files, we do need to have the ability to make new files we can choose to hide if we see fit, the one thing I miss from windows that an IOS system lacks.
    There are ways to do this on iOS, but they aren't great, and aren't cross-app visible. So, it's problematic.

It's relatively easy to do on macOS, and we'll be talking about that in the future.

Great! As you probably know better than me, it might be nice in that same upcoming piece to remind folks how to color folders in macOS. Really distinguishes them better than the semi-default colored dots.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Folio said:
    danny602 said:
    We don’t need to see these hidden files, we do need to have the ability to make new files we can choose to hide if we see fit, the one thing I miss from windows that an IOS system lacks.
    There are ways to do this on iOS, but they aren't great, and aren't cross-app visible. So, it's problematic.

It's relatively easy to do on macOS, and we'll be talking about that in the future.
    Great! As you probably know better than me, it might be nice in that same upcoming piece to remind folks how to color folders in macOS. Really distinguishes them better than the semi-default colored dots.
    Folder and file color tags (along with arrange by tag), changing icons (e.g.: if you keep .VNCLOC icons in your Dock for quick access to other Macs accessed via the Screen Sharing app), and Folder color changing How-Tos would be great.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Tip for AZERTY layout users (and layouts where in order to write the . (period) key, you have to use shift):
    You need to hold down the fn key as well, so that makes cmd + shift + fn + .
    Alex1N