'iPhone XS' and 'iPhone XC' will ship on Sept. 21, according to Italian courier

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2019
Apple could start to distribute smartphones set to be unveiled on Wednesday not long after the announcement, with a report suggesting the first batch of "iPhone XS" and "iPhone XC" models could ship to customers as early as September 21 in Italy.

A screenshot of an Italian shipper's internal messaging system reportedly warns its employees to anticipate higher workloads in the near future. The image, obtained by iPhone Italia, appears to indicate the first high-traffic day to be September 21, just nine days after Apple's event.

AppleInsider has confirmed the carrier, and it is Apple's shipping partner in Italy, and a host of other countries.

The message also warns that there will be increased deliveries on September 25 through to September 27, but not as high as the initial wave planned for September 21.

While the message does not specify what will be delivered on those days, the subject line does mention Apple by name, indicating the increases are linked to the company's announcements. It also does not advise for higher-than-normal deliveries before September 21, which may be an indicator of when iPhone deliveries are to commence.

There is also no mention of deliveries before September 21, which suggests those days are expected to have normal delivery levels.

While the internal email relates to Italy, it could also be an indicator for when the new models will ship in other markets. Since Italy is typically among the first markets to receive shipments of Apple products after launch, it is likely for the new iPhones to be made available on the same date in the United States and areas of Europe.

Apple's "Gather Round" event on Sept. 12 is expected to see the launch of three new iPhones, as well as potential changes for the Apple Watch, iPad Pro, and Mac lines.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I think they’ll be available sooner, considering their earnings forecast for this quarter.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Preorders Friday 9/14 3am EST
    ericthehalfbee
  • Reply 3 of 13
    so do we believe rumors of XC not being available till November?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    starflyer said:

Thats what I think. 
    toysandme
  • Reply 5 of 13
    starflyer said:

Thats what I think. 
    Yeah... fits with 1st ships on the 18th and 1st deliveries on the 21st
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought that the pattern in the US has been pre-orders at 12:00 AM PST on the Friday after the announcement event with deliveries that following Friday for at least the last several years.  
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Will they restrict purchases to customers of the four main cell carriers in the US like usual? Funny how they never mention this during the announcement of the release date. You have to stay up late refreshing the Apple web page to find out that you can't buy one if you are a Boost customer or just want Sim Free.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    “Introducing the new iPhone XS... Because you can never have too much fun.”

If XS is the real name even though we all know it’s pronounced “ten ess” they’ll have to acknowledge the “excess” somehow or risk looking like they didn’t realize the obvious.
    edited September 2018 hammeroftruth
  • Reply 9 of 13

If XS is the real name even though we all know it’s pronounced “ten ess” they’ll have to acknowledge the “excess” somehow or risk looking like they didn’t realize the obvious.
    Maybe name it the iPhone SX... pronounced Sten ;?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    iPhone XC? The iPhone 9 would be a much simpler less confusing name.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Heck, they should just go with the "iPhone XTC" (ecstasy)! This naming convention is bonkers! Apple, please have some wisdom around this!

iPhone XC? The iPhone 9 would be a much simpler less confusing name.

The "X" (ten) lineup is different from the 8 — OLED screen, edge-to-edge design, FaceID, notch. I don't see them walking backwards and making an X-like design, but calling it the 9. Instead, they'll introduce an upgrade of the 8 as the 9. All of the X-like models will follow the existing X feature set.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    clymans said:
    Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought that the pattern in the US has been pre-orders at 12:00 AM PST on the Friday after the announcement event with deliveries that following Friday for at least the last several years.  
    .. which is exactly what's reported above, no, why the 'but'. pre-orders 9/14, delivery 9/21
  • Reply 13 of 13

Maybe name it the iPhone SX... pronounced Sten ;?

We'll then be in a quandary as to whether to buy the Apple S10 or the Samsung S10!