Any New Info on the 9.7 iPad ?

Posted:
in iPad edited October 2018
I have an old 9.7 iPad purchased about 2 years ago.  Is any new upgrade to the 9.7 Version forthcoming, or are all future iPads going to be iPad Pros?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    tonypie said:
    I have an old 9.7 iPad purchased about 2 years ago.  Is any new upgrade to the 9.7 Version forthcoming, or are all future iPads going to be iPad Pros?
    There was just an update to the non-Pro iPad lineup in the spring. I guess I'm not sure what your question is?
    harry wild
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well, must have missed the Spring update.  Just noticed that my 9.7 iPad Model #MLMY2LL/A identifies itself as an “iPad Pro”. Now not really sure if the description as an iPad Pro is accurate.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    That's because you have a 9.7" iPad Pro. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Pro#First_generation

The first generation of iPad Pro came in 12.9" and 9.7". 

The second generation was released in summer 2017 and came in 12.9" and 10.5". 

The third generation was released yesterday. 

• Reply 4 of 5
    So I assume there will never be a newer iPad Pro that is 9.7”.   Will any future iPads be only iPad Pros, or better?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tonypie said:
    So I assume there will never be a newer iPad Pro that is 9.7”.   Will any future iPads be only iPad Pros, or better?

Apple just release a brand new 9.7” educational - budget iPad in Spring 2018 with A10 and 2GB RAM for $400 base model.