Apple Music for Android gets tablet support in version 2.7

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2019
Android tablet users can now listen to Apple Music on their devices thanks to an update Apple pushed out on Thursday that brings native functionality to slates running Google's operating system.

Apple Music for Android
Apple Music for Android beta with tablet interface.

Version 2.7.0 of Apple Music for Android first went into beta last December, previewing the new tablet interface that takes full advantage of larger-screened portables.

The UI not only packs in more onscreen items, but also allows users to browse categories like playlists and music videos without having to open those sections of the app separately. A new navigation bar in the Browse section also lets users jump to popular categories without digging into Apple Music's menus.

Today's release also includes unspecified app and performance improvements.

The last major update to Apple Music for Android rolled out in August 2018, with that version adding support for Android Auto.

Android typically nets new functions and features months after Apple Music for iOS, and tablet support is no different. Apple initially launched Apple Music for iPad alongside its iPhone counterpart in 2015.

The latest version of Apple Music for Android is available to download on the Google Play store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,872member
    Waste of time supporting, more lack of focus on Apple's part.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    danox said:
    Pretty sure it’s to combat an anti-monopoly wave.  We don’t see it as much in the US, but it’s ongoing elsewhere.

Creating a few Android Apps to duplicate existing functions is relatively cheap vs. enormous fines (that the EU likes to dish out).
    jbdragonlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    See! There ARE people making android tablet apps!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    entropys said:
    Yeah. Leave it to Apple to show everyone else how it’s done... as usual. On that note, this is good news. I’m currently using a Lenovo Android tablet for my business POS, and I can finally have Apple Music playing from that, instead of my phone. Don’t worry... it’ll be replaced by an iPad pretty soon, but this is a good step to help until that day happens.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member

Great for the 5 people who will use it.

danox said:
    Pretty sure it’s to combat an anti-monopoly wave.  We don’t see it as much in the US, but it’s ongoing elsewhere.

Creating a few Android Apps to duplicate existing functions is relatively cheap vs. enormous fines (that the EU likes to dish out).

It all makes sense now!

entropys said:
    Yeah. Leave it to Apple to show everyone else how it’s done... as usual. On that note, this is good news. I’m currently using a Lenovo Android tablet for my business POS, and I can finally have Apple Music playing from that, instead of my phone. Don’t worry... it’ll be replaced by an iPad pretty soon, but this is a good step to help until that day happens.

Get rid of that POS(Piece of S***) and get an iPad.

*Reads last part*

It all makes sense now!

watto_cobra