AppleInsider constantly fails to 'Remember Me' for logins

Posted:
in Feedback
I frequently have to reenter my login to AI and only AI. I have no idea why. 

Cookies are enabled. What else might cause this, bearing in mind this happens to no other site. Anything systemic should affect other sites as well.

Does AI log out users who don't visit on regular intervals? That would be odd and disappointing. I normally don't let Safari remember my passwords, but I may have to do that for AI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    I get logged out when my IP changes. I'll talk to the web folk.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    I was unable to log in until I disabled my adblocker.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I too find that every once in a while I'm all of a sudden logged out and have to log back in. It's quite annoying. 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Same here... happens every 2-3 weeks or so.  It has no correlation with an IP address changing (in my case).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Same here... happens every 2-3 weeks or so.  It has no correlation with an IP address changing (in my case).
    This ^.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I login on two different Macs – a desktop and a laptop and only recently realized that if I sign into one, AI signs me out of the other.

It doesn't happen right way. It may take a day or two. As I don't get to AI every day, a few days may lapse between visits and commenting, so I don't know exactly when it happens, only that it does happen.

I could enter the password in Keychain but then I have to turn on the password fill in. Then Safari will annoy me every time I have a password field to complete. ::face palm::
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macgui said:
    I login on two different Macs – a desktop and a laptop and only recently realized that if I sign into one, AI signs me out of the other.

It doesn't happen right way. It may take a day or two. As I don't get to AI every day, a few days may lapse between visits and commenting, so I don't know exactly when it happens, only that it does happen.

I could enter the password in Keychain but then I have to turn on the password fill in. Then Safari will annoy me every time I have a password field to complete. ::face palm::
    I don't see any such correlation on my end.  That change of machines MIGHT still be what's triggering your logout, but not mine.  It's an odd thing... other sites I visit regularly have "remembered" me for years without having to login again.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    macgui said:

I don't see any such correlation on my end.  That change of machines MIGHT still be what's triggering your logout, but not mine.  It's an odd thing... other sites I visit regularly have "remembered" me for years without having to login again.
    It might be just correlation on my end, not causation. I've only recently noticed it.

But it's my case as well that every other site that does 'Remember Me' actually does remember me, and for years as well.

Clearing cookies or the sites' updating will require me to login, but that's to be expected. This thing with AI though...