The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1281 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    arkorott said:
    @WayTools_Support ;
    Guys, what's up with the May Technical Update?
    Evening of May 31st.

What is going on? Why is it so difficult and hard to write an update? Maybe too much ground to cover as we have not had one for too long? 

A lot of the TB questions on this thread were diverted to this update.

If this would be the potential first missed update promise it would not be significant, but they have been hard to come by for more than a year or so. 
    Well, with DBK so busy with his truth telling, and MK taking all that time to read all the truth emanating from DBK’s direction, MK hasn’t had the time to do the update yet. 

Because it is important to always be truthfully right about every single thing and every interaction you have on the Internet, and because this means the truth is never, ever stretched, and things are never, ever rationalised to the nth degree, and because people fall over themselves with love and appreciation for our heroes, we get to the 31st of May. 

It may well be that MK will take until the wee hours of Monday because the weekend is just an extension of the end of the month, and MK works very hard and is secretly Waytools_Support (although shhhhh that’s a secret) and writing words at 3am, the timeframe truth-teller DBK has educated us about, is a time when sleepy eyes mean words (and truth) are tough to come by. 

So so there might be a miracle and that “yes” we will get an update today, but this might be the same caliber and quality of “yes” that DBK publicly exposed the truth about, which is that yes might actually mean yes, or maybe, or no. 

You see, just like the camera can no longer be trusted to tell the truth (whereas once the camera did not lie), the Ministry of Truth (of which DBK is Department Head) says that yes can mean no and no can mean yes, which is all in a effort to provide clarity - and truthfulness. 

So yes, there is an update due today, but truth be told, it might not actually arrive today, and truthiness be told, it might be all hat and no cattle in its nutritional, value and information content. 

And that, friend Arkorott, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but DBK-style un-unctuous truth.
    edited May 2019 arkorott
  • Reply 1282 of 1615
    Well, with DBK so busy with his truth telling, and MK taking all that time to read all the truth emanating from DBK’s direction, MK hasn’t had the time to do the update yet.

It's odd that you make me an issue yet again, but Arkorott's comments you are responding to are almost identical to some of what I've written myself about WT and updates.

It may well be that MK will take until the wee hours of Monday because the weekend is just an extension of the end of the month, and MK works very hard and is secretly Waytools_Support (although shhhhh that’s a secret) and writing words at 3am, the timeframe truth-teller DBK has educated us about, is a time when sleepy eyes mean words (and truth) are tough to come by.

You have it wrong again with your exaggerations. I have clearly said that if it takes to 3:00 AM (California time) on June 1st, that would, imo, be okay. And the reason I said that is that I know Mark often works on TB related stuff into the early hours of the morning. So if is reasonable to consider those few hours as just part of his Friday working hours (May 31st).

But I also said that, due to the repeated missed updates, going further into the weekend, etc, would NOT be proper.

> but this might be the same caliber and quality of “yes” that DBK publicly exposed the truth about, which is that yes might actually mean yes, or maybe, or no.

You keep leaving out the example, which proves I'm right. And I never said "yes" might mean "maybe" or "no". It was about how you can say "yes" to something, but fail to do what you said yes to - without it being a lie. Which is why you leave out the example.

says that yes can mean no and no can mean yes

Never said that, did I?
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 1283 of 1615
    You keep telling the truthiness, DBK. You make it about you, with your claims of the truth. When people call you up on your exaggerations, rationalisations, excuses - all of which you make - you insert yourself in the story. 

WSmurf was right - if TREG had never happened, no-one would know you exist, save your neighbours, former students, your immediate family etc. 

Now plenty of people know who DBK is, and that the majority of conversations DBK has are argumentative rationalisations and mild admonishments of MK. 

The fact you need to repeat, every single time, how Friday isn’t the end of the week and why the end of the week might mean Monday is just that... weak. 

if you don’t want to make it about you, don’t respond and prove that you don’t want to make it about you. 

Sadly you will respond with more “truth”. It is inevitable. You are DBK. And you DID rationalise “yes” to mean “maybe”, which is a great example of your interference, your need to insert yourself into the story and your “truth”. 

Proving to us you don’t want to be the story is impossible because you are already composing your response in your mind, itching for this sentence to end, so you can type your response and send it. 

It is inevitable. The chance of you doing otherwise is zero. 
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 1284 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    When people call you up on your exaggerations, rationalisations, excuses - all of which you make - you insert yourself in the story.

Let's see, you say "call me out" and then you claim I then insert myself into the story. Amazing since, for me to respond to someone "calling me 
    out" means they have already inserted me into the story!

WSmurf was right - if TREG had never happened, no-one would know you exist, save your neighbours, former students, your immediate family etc.

Plus friends, co-workers, etc. Pretty much like everyone else. So?

if you don’t want to make it about you, don’t respond and prove that you don’t want to make it about you. 

If you don't want it to be about me, don't make it about me to start with. The only consistent thing I'm seeing is that you and others want to make it about me, but don't want any rebuttal. Funny how I don't tell people not to respond or not to post, etc.

And you DID rationalise “yes” to mean “maybe”

Nope. Didn't happen. I merely pointed out that someone can say "yes" and, because of things beyond their control, fail to do what they said yes to. And, as such, they didn't lie.
  • Reply 1285 of 1615
    There you go again. 
  • Reply 1286 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

If you don't want it to be about me, don't make it about me to start with. The only consistent thing I'm seeing is that you and others want to make it about me, but don't want any rebuttal. Funny how I don't tell people not to respond or not to post, etc.
    It isn’t “funny”, it’s a result of pathology: you “don’t tell people not to respond or post” because you enjoy the back-and-forth combat...

You rationalise it as “truth-telling”, but the reality is, I think you just enjoy the fight more than anything else.

All your self-focus does is act as a convenient shield for Waytools who get to happily sit back and say “phew... dbk is running interference for us again (unwittingly, wittingly or half-wittingly...) and we now confidently know we’ll have quite a bit of breathing room as this will drag on for ages and ages...”

I’d be more than happy to be focus on Waytools and their product. I’ve written extensively on the subject again, but rather than focus on those portions of a post, you have a demonstrated history of choosing to make the focus any part of a post about you, even if that part is minuscule, tangential or irrelevant to the main, salient point.

Here’s the post (for maybe the fourth or fifth time) which you have continually sidestepped.

>What I am in this particular context is a customer of Waytools who is frustrated and feels poorly served by the company. The company does not appear keen to engage and is extremely poor at customer relations and is extremely (overly) sensitive to criticism. The company have been extremely vague in their use of timeframes - so much so that they insist (with you as a staunch defender) they have never actually missed a deadline since they never actually gave a deadline; merely an estimate... and yet a significant number of customers feel they were deceived. The company dangles a carrot (early adopter gift of “significant value”) out without stating what it is whilst at the same time urging dissatisfied people to use the refund button; that denies people the ability to make an informed decision by keeping them uninformed about a key piece of information. And on the point of refunds, the company states (on this forum) the decision to keep an order or seek a refund sits entirely with the customer and yet that same company has unilaterally enforced refunds to customers who have vented their displeasure. Last and by no means least, the company maintains a forum (complete with a “rants” section) and yet a number of customers who have “ranted” have been shadow banned from the forum, silencing their dissent - anyserious dissent. There are more, but I can’t sit here typing on an Internet forum all day (not typed on a TextBlade btw)... I have work to crack on with...

>All of this is quite uncool and certainly justifies the voices here complaining. Attacking the messengers and changing the frame of reference in order to validate attacking the messengers doesn’t change the validity of those complaints.

This doesn’t appear unreasonable of vicious to me (although I am biased since I wrote it) so I’d be curious as to whether you chose to discuss reasonably about it or whether you chose to sidestep it and chose to focus on the dbk-bit because it affords you an opportunity to fight, fight, fight...

I’ll even throw you a bone; I think some of the discussion about you and BASIC programming got out of hand and was on the unfair side. I do wince when I read your Waytools bio though because it dramatically overstates and inflates something that is essentially irrelevant in the 21st Century. I was a kid and banged out some stuff in BASIC in the 80s, but I would be embarrassed to imply I was anything remotely close to a programmer - it would be disingenuous and a massive vanity exercise... I think people were ridiculing that part of the equation; i.e. it might be akin to me shooting a few hoops with my classmates on a Friday evening, but conflating it to something much grandiose by saying something like; “I played ball at my college in my college days...”... when exposed for the truth, it becomes embarrassing that someone would even mention it in the first place... In the programming world, programmers find it insulting that someone who “knocked about with BASIC” back in the 70s and 80s but has done nothing since then would conflate themselves in any way with the modern programming world.

That you might not see that bio as being cringe-worthy goes more toward a lack of awareness. There’s nothing wrong with being unaware; we all don’t know what we don’t know, but after having been made aware, perhaps you might make adjustments or changes. Doubling down and making no adjustments in the face of responses simply goes to an unwillingness to bend - that will undoubtedly lead to increasing derision and ridicule.

As in all things, our choices lay us bare to the universe. Everyone rationalises to some small degree to make themselves feel justified in their choices, but our rationalisations mostly work on ourselves, not on others (i.e. I rationalise my taking offence to boy bands, but whilst I see it as entirely reasonable an “obvious to all”, do most regular, reasonable people think the same as me...? Who is being reasonable about it and who not... me, or the rest of the reasonable world; you decide... ;)).
    edited May 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1287 of 1615
    They just posted that the update will come Saturday evening, after 9:00 pm. So, yep, they missed the time again. And, like I posted in response, people won't have a lot of confidence in tomorrow either unless it actually is posted.

• Reply 1288 of 1615
    They just posted that the update will come Saturday evening, after 9:00 pm. So, yep, they missed the time again. And, like I posted in response, people won't have a lot of confidence in tomorrow either unless it actually is posted.

It’s official then - WT missed their own deadline - there they go again - and again, you ignore WSmurf in what, after 5 or so times of him trying, in what can only be seen as a cowardly manner, as you ignore it completely - there you go, AGAIN.

You made some great WT-style “progress” there. Again. 
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 1289 of 1615

you “don’t tell people not to respond or post” because you enjoy the back-and-forth combat.

Not particularly. That's just another of your assumptions. But if you want to play that game, then I can "assume" that the posts advocating I don't respond are because they want to censor those who don't agree with them.

I’ll even throw you a bone; I think some of the discussion about you and BASIC programming got out of hand and was on the unfair side. I do wince when I read your Waytools bio though because it dramatically overstates and inflates something that is essentially irrelevant in the 21st Century. I was a kid and banged out some stuff in BASIC in the 80s, but I would be embarrassed to imply I was anything remotely close to a programmer

Some bone! What did I overstate? Not exaggerating anything. Just saying what I did.

And what is this about the 21st century? First, I was writing programs in the 20th century. Second, the logical skills involved in programming are still valid.

In the programming world, programmers find it insulting that someone who “knocked about with BASIC” back in the 70s and 80s but has done nothing since then would conflate themselves in any way with the modern programming world.

Then they have a personal problem. I never said anything about being able to program as well as those who are in the business full time. But I was able to create something that no one had done for my computer system simply because I knew what I needed it to do AS A TEACHER and was willing to take the time to learn the specific things needed to accomplish that. I'm sure if any of those programmers took on the same job and were willing to create something based on what actual teachers wanted instead of how a programmer/non-teacher wanted, they could have done it quicker and better, with more efficient coding.

Doubling down and making no adjustments in the face of responses simply goes to an unwillingness to bend

Yet you know if you or others make a bogus attack, I'll respond. Somehow you fail to make any adjustments. Guess you are unwilling to bend. :)

• Reply 1290 of 1615

> you “don’t tell people not to respond or post” because you enjoy the back-and-forth combat.

Not particularly. That's just another of your assumptions. But if you want to play that game, then I can "assume" that the posts advocating I don't respond are because they want to censor those who don't agree with them.

> I’ll even throw you a bone; I think some of the discussion about you and BASIC programming got out of hand and was on the unfair side. I do wince when I read your Waytools bio though because it dramatically overstates and inflates something that is essentially irrelevant in the 21st Century. I was a kid and banged out some stuff in BASIC in the 80s, but I would be embarrassed to imply I was anything remotely close to a programmer

Some bone! What did I overstate? Not exaggerating anything. Just saying what I did.

And what is this about the 21st century? First, I was writing programs in the 20th century. Second, the logical skills involved in programming are still valid.

> In the programming world, programmers find it insulting that someone who “knocked about with BASIC” back in the 70s and 80s but has done nothing since then would conflate themselves in any way with the modern programming world.

Then they have a personal problem. I never said anything about being able to program as well as those who are in the business full time. But I was able to create something that no one had done for my computer system simply because I knew what I needed it to do AS A TEACHER and was willing to take the time to learn the specific things needed to accomplish that. I'm sure if any of those programmers took on the same job and were willing to create something based on what actual teachers wanted instead of how a programmer/non-teacher wanted, they could have done it quicker and better, with more efficient coding.

> Doubling down and making no adjustments in the face of responses simply goes to an unwillingness to bend

Yet you know if you or others make a bogus attack, I'll respond. Somehow you fail to make any adjustments. Guess you are unwilling to bend. :)

There you go again, ignoring the most important part of WSmurf’s comments, and focusing on yourself, again. Very selfish of you to just do you. 
  • Reply 1291 of 1615
    alexonline said:

It’s official then - WT missed their own deadline - there they go again -

and again, you ignore WSmurf in what, after 5 or so times of him trying, in what can only be seen as a cowardly manner, as you ignore it completely - there you go, AGAIN.
    1. Yep, they sure did. And I criticized them about this for days. So?

2. I ignored smurf's post about his "context" because awhile back he fibbed and said I had left out his context (when I was pointing out he said I kept using a word which, in fact, I rarely ever use). But I had NOT left out the context. Because the stuff he said I left out was not even posted until many posts later!

So I've pretty much ignored it since. I tend not to be responsive to people who twist things.

Now, if he wants to publicly withdraw the claim that I left out that context (since it didn't exist at the time), I may be willing to address it now. Actually, if you read it yourself you would also know I actually have addressed a number of those things in the past.
  • Reply 1292 of 1615
    alexonline said:

and again, you ignore WSmurf in what, after 5 or so times of him trying, in what can only be seen as a cowardly manner, as you ignore it completely - there you go, AGAIN.

2. I ignored smurf's post about his "context" because awhile back he fibbed and said I had left out his context (when I was pointing out he said I kept using a word which, in fact, I rarely ever use). But I had NOT left out the context. Because the stuff he said I left out was not even posted until many posts later!

So I've pretty much ignored it since. I tend not to be responsive to people who twist things.

Now, if he wants to publicly withdraw the claim that I left out that context (since it didn't exist at the time), I may be willing to address it now. Actually, if you read it yourself you would also know I actually have addressed a number of those things in the past.
    There you go again!
  • Reply 1293 of 1615
    alexonline said:

That’s a rationalisation, not reason... (and point 2 is just hilarious 2nd grade petulance and fantasy - although it is slightly related to the original context since The Princess Bride is a fantasy novel/movie... I’m not sure if that was intentional on your part... I tend to suspect petulance...)

“Tend not to be responsive to people who twist things...”...? Seriously...? Really...? Bwahahahahahahaha...! You have a word count of about 3 million railing against people who you feel have “twisted things”, “made assumptions” or “just make stuff up”... your post history completely contradicts your statement... you respond to me plenty; you just choose not to engage if something is not pugilistic toward the fights you want to fight...

You’ve stated multiple times you’d prefer to discuss the TextBlade and stick to that or Waytools as primary subjects, but when presented with an opportunity, your post history shreds that concept completely... (oh dear, I’ve hyperventilated laughing... someone please find me a Ventolin inhaler...!)

That’s the equivalent of saying “I’m gonna hold my breath until you give me what I want... and if I die from holding my breath, you’ll all be sorry...” It kinda sounds like a schoolkid in the playground trying to validate and rationalise why he isn’t really embarrassed after he was pantsed... I’ve never known you to be shy of repeating points... why is suddenly repeating yourself when it comes to that particular subject reason to suddenly be reticent? More to do with “not wanting to give a kid from the blue team and bloody satisfaction whatsoever...” I tend to think...

When presented with an opportunity to engage with a reasonable and civilised point, you rationalised why it’s ok to ignore that bit, conveniently pivot and sidestep it, and focus on the parts which help perpetuate the narrative of you “being the sole saviour of civility in a world populated by barbarians...”. I hate to tell you, but that’s not new... there’s a reason it’s called “tilting at windmills”...

If you choose to ignore the reasonable and civilised but then insist on focusing back on the issues of the self in some self-congratulatory fight to punish those you must feel have slighted you, then that in and of itself speaks greater volumes than anything I could add - people will draw their own conclusions and I think you’ll discover you’re stranded on an island of one on that score no matter how many times you cry “doesn’t matter, I was right, Chester was wrong, he started it so I was justified in pushing him down the stairs - I don’t care if he is now in intensive care... it was his fault...!

Swat! (Damn mosquitoes...)

;) 

Here’s yet another opportunity to focus on Waytools and (lack of) TextBlades in an entirely reasonable and civilised setting. You can always choose to focus on the fight - I’m powerless to stop you - or you could choose to focus on the civilised and reasonable, there are two clear choices (unambiguous, no traps, no hidden games or double meanings... a clear and straightforward choice...)

Here it is... yet again:
    >What I am in this particular context is a customer of Waytools who is frustrated and feels poorly served by the company. The company does not appear keen to engage and is extremely poor at customer relations and is extremely (overly) sensitive to criticism. The company have been extremely vague in their use of timeframes - so much so that they insist (with you as a staunch defender) they have never actually missed a deadline since they never actually gave a deadline; merely an estimate... and yet a significant number of customers feel they were deceived. The company dangles a carrot (early adopter gift of “significant value”) out without stating what it is whilst at the same time urging dissatisfied people to use the refund button; that denies people the ability to make an informed decision by keeping them uninformed about a key piece of information. And on the point of refunds, the company states (on this forum) the decision to keep an order or seek a refund sits entirely with the customer and yet that same company has unilaterally enforced refunds to customers who have vented their displeasure. Last and by no means least, the company maintains a forum (complete with a “rants” section) and yet a number of customers who have “ranted” have been shadow banned from the forum, silencing their dissent - anyserious dissent. There are more, but I can’t sit here typing on an Internet forum all day (not typed on a TextBlade btw)... I have work to crack on with...

>All of this is quite uncool and certainly justifies the voices here complaining. Attacking the messengers and changing the frame of reference in order to validate attacking the messengers doesn’t change the validity of those complaints.

Knock yourself out and by all means prove me wrong and focus on the last portion of this post - in fact nothing could make me happier... (although if your goal is to avoid making me happy under any circumstances, that too is telling...). I firmly believe you’ll fight, fight, fight and stick to the top part of the post... (and yes, that last little tweak of the nose is a tempting morsel, a dare, I might say... it’s childishly obvious so let’s see if you’re capable of being bigger than the boy who pushed Chester down the stairs and claims he did nothing wrong and avoiding the urge to squabble and bicker for squabbling and bickering’s sake... the choice is stark; bicker about yourself and your frame of “right and wrong”, or discuss Waytools and the TextBlade...)
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1294 of 1615
    “Tend not to be responsive to people who twist things...”....your post history completely contradicts your statement

That’s the equivalent of saying “I’m gonna hold my breath until you give me what I want
    1. Oh, I respond to the posts. I just don't try to be responsive to what you want me to do. So, no contradiction. You want me to respond to this later statement, fine. But FIRST withdraw your claim that left it out to begin with (since it didn't exist at the time, I couldn't leave it out). Frankly, I don't think you'll do it.

2. No breath holding. Just telling you up front that you don't get to leave a fib on the table if you want to discuss something else with me.
  • Reply 1295 of 1615
    “Tend not to be responsive to people who twist things...”....your post history completely contradicts your statement

That’s the equivalent of saying “I’m gonna hold my breath until you give me what I want
    1. Oh, I respond to the posts. I just don't try to be responsive to what you want me to do. So, no contradiction. You want me to respond to this later statement, fine. But FIRST withdraw your claim that left it out to begin with (since it didn't exist at the time, I couldn't leave it out). Frankly, I don't think you'll do it.

2. No breath holding. Just telling you up front that you don't get to leave a fib on the table if you want to discuss something else with me.
    Ummmm... I don’t even know what you mean... Let me see if i’ve got this right...you won’t discuss a rational subject about the topic of this thread for what reason...? Because you feel a fib has been told about you? By me? Seriously? Right, wrong or otherwise, that’s the most flimsy rationale for refusing to discuss a rational topic... that’s playground/sandbox logic at it’s finest...

I think you’ve gone so far down a rabbit hole in your “fight against the perceived forces of evil” that the rest of the world is up on the surface scratching their heads saying “Huh...?”

>Frankly I don’t think you’ll do it.

Uhhhh... kewl........... Here’s another Internet for you... [shrug]

Swat...! (Damn mosquitoes...)
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1296 of 1615
    That is fair Alex of course I am biased. I have seen the product and believe that Waytools do their best and are not trying to scam anyone. If you've only seen stories you might think it is all fiction and a scam.

Most people would probably think that AppleInsider would not take part in a conspiracy though.
    If I tell you I am going to sell you a product and ship it to you next week, and I ask you for money, and you give me your money, and I take your money, and then I go away and I do not respond to you directly ever again, even when you ask me for a status update, and time goes by, and that originally promised week goes by, and another month goes by, and three months go by, and I continue to ignore your inquiries, and I tell you it will ship next month, and that month goes by, and you complain about my delinquency, and so I ban you from speaking to me, and I tell you that if you wait I will give you what you paid for plus a 'free gift', and then I say your product will be shipped next summer, and a year goes by, and still no product, and still no communication, and no free gift, and another year goes by, and still no product, and still no gift, and another year goes by, and another year goes by (this may seem like exaggeration but in fact it is a precise analogy of the situation).....

You are telling me that at no point would you think I was lying to you or trying to scam you?

Can you describe any personal or professional relationship you maintain with someone or some company, in the real world, where they behave as per above, and you maintain a positive or productive relationship with them, and 'believe' they are 'doing their best' and 'not trying to scam you' ?

If you make such a claim, then you are a treg shill, or you are full of BS.

It is all a fiction and a scam. Mark Knighton will never ship Textblades to his 10,000+ customers. He is a liar. He built a small number of prototypes after collecting millions of dollars in orders, and he got some press via outlets like Macrumors and Appleinsider, who reviewed his product in good faith, which allowed him to scam even more people.

Macrumors washed their hands of the whole thing.

Appleinsider has yet to admit their mistake in lending any coverage or credibility to the lying scheming disgusting scam artist named Mark Knighton DBA Waytools, but I remain hopeful that they will eventually do a proper journalistic investigation of the many, many issues covered in this thread and publish a followup on their original reporting.

alexonlinepoisednoisearkorott
  • Reply 1297 of 1615
    landro225 said:
    Install and mine with the application CryptoTab Browser, I tried and it works, possibility to turn the bitcoins Obtained during the mining.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/5952414
    Mark, this is a new low level of desperation, even for you. Shame! Where is DBK to tell us that the secret bitcoin miner inside the firmware that is the real reason for needing the extra space for is a legitimate use of firmware space that is needed by the customer!

Perhaps we really did get our May update after all!

Shame!
  • Reply 1298 of 1615
    Ummmm... I don’t even know what you mean
    That's nice. I just note that you don't withdraw your claim about me leaving out context - when the context you claim I left out wasn't even posted until after the post I was responding to.

Your lack of understanding doesn't matter to me, mostly because I don't believe you.
  • Reply 1299 of 1615

You are telling me that at no point would you think I was lying to you or trying to scam you?

If you make such a claim, then you are a treg shill, or you are full of BS.
    1. Here's the thing, all those things you talk about would be reasons for concern. But you leave out other things which also matter. Which brings us to:

2. You just automatically write off anything said by anyone who disagrees with you, even though they clearly have more knowledge than you do.

You see, I and other Treg testers may not be happy about some things WT does. And we certainly aren't happy that it hasn't shipped, even though we have access. And we even talk about possible serious problems (possible - we don't make assumptions). But the other things we know mitigates much of the idea that it is a scam. Certainly it isn't a designed scam because there would be much better ways to do one and get more money if it was just that.

Now, whether problems exist (not your assumptions that they do) which, at some point, causes them to close up. Well, that happens to a lot of businesses. Probably most. 
  • Reply 1300 of 1615
    It seems to me that this thread is getting into the endgame - DBK refuses to post anything of value, everyone else's posts have devolved into taunting him to contribute...

Just before this whole thread self-implodes, I thought I should post my own personal experience:

Ordered in early March 2015. My order confirmation email stated that "Your purchase has secured your priority date." Whatever that meant.

No further communication from Waytools, at any point. I have not changed my email address for 20 years, so it definitely didn't get lost.

After a couple of years, forgot about it so completely that this review didn't even remind me - it was only when I went onto their website to look at their publicity that my order popped up. I've moved twice since my order, so updated my address details etc this week.

Waited for the "update before the end of the month" from Waytools, which, surprise, hasn't arrived. It's meant to be coming later on, but frankly, I don't believe it, and even when it does come the preamble MK has produced suggests it won't be anything more than the usual "amazing things have been happening, great strides are being made, and like a glacier, we have moved forwards 3 feet while simultaneously retreating by 1.5 miles".

Cancelled this morning and received this rather amusing confirmation:

I have no idea why I should care about all those other dates, not least because without a year to pin them down they're completely nonsensical.

The truth is it would have been a fun toy. I don't type enough away from my computer to need it, and since its first announcement other options like the iPad smart keyboard have come along also, which while clearly being merely an evolution rather than a revolution, suit me just fine. If a textblade eventually ever appears in the wild somewhere I can actually go look at it I may go and have a play, but honestly, it's probably not worth it for me.
    alexonlinearkorott
This discussion has been closed.