The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1301 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    It seems to me that this thread is getting into the endgame - DBK refuses to post anything of value, everyone else's posts have devolved into taunting him to contribute...

Just before this whole thread self-implodes, I thought I should post my own personal experience:

Ordered in early March 2015. My order confirmation email stated that "Your purchase has secured your priority date." Whatever that meant.

No further communication from Waytools, at any point. I have not changed my email address for 20 years, so it definitely didn't get lost.

After a couple of years, forgot about it so completely that this review didn't even remind me - it was only when I went onto their website to look at their publicity that my order popped up. I've moved twice since my order, so updated my address details etc this week.

Waited for the "update before the end of the month" from Waytools, which, surprise, hasn't arrived. It's meant to be coming later on, but frankly, I don't believe it, and even when it does come the preamble MK has produced suggests it won't be anything more than the usual "amazing things have been happening, great strides are being made, and like a glacier, we have moved forwards 3 feet while simultaneously retreating by 1.5 miles".

Cancelled this morning and received this rather amusing confirmation:

I have no idea why I should care about all those other dates, not least because without a year to pin them down they're completely nonsensical.

The truth is it would have been a fun toy. I don't type enough away from my computer to need it, and since its first announcement other options like the iPad smart keyboard have come along also, which while clearly being merely an evolution rather than a revolution, suit me just fine. If a textblade eventually ever appears in the wild somewhere I can actually go look at it I may go and have a play, but honestly, it's probably not worth it for me.
    OMG! The truth is out! You are a poised member of the noisy oppo PR Logitech company here to spread FUD over whether the TextBlade will ever launch, and if it ever does, whether it will matter anymore. 

Maybe the (now) June update will deliver something useful, but... well, it’s not looking good for GR this decade, sadly. 

If at all. 

Skipping June 1 2019 at the top, the first five dates are 2015, with the fifth stretching into 2016. 

The sixth date is 2016. 

The last two are 2019.

In between all of that is a very large credibility gap.

Reminds me of the world according to gap, or rather garp, with the big scene being where his USB dongle got bitten off. 
    edited June 2019 poisednoise
  • Reply 1302 of 1615
    Well, we missed our May update, and have decided to close down the company and issue refunds until the money runs out. 

Oops, it just did. Sorry! Hope you enjoyed the ride, and we apologise to Garp that his dongle got Sext Bladed, but we’re glad the re-attachment surgery mostly worked. 

Adios, suckers!

GreatTools_Suckport
  • Reply 1303 of 1615
    Ummmm... I don’t even know what you mean
    That's nice. I just note that you don't withdraw your claim about me leaving out context - when the context you claim I left out wasn't even posted until after the post I was responding to.

Your lack of understanding doesn't matter to me, mostly because I don't believe you.
    I’m not quite sure how I’ll go on living knowing you don’t believe me...

”Context” you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...  ;)

Thwap...! (Damn mosquitoes...)
    alexonline
  • Reply 1304 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    landro225 said:
    Install and mine with the application CryptoTab Browser, I tried and it works, possibility to turn the bitcoins Obtained during the mining.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/5952414
    Mark, this is a new low level of desperation, even for you. Shame! Where is DBK to tell us that the secret bitcoin miner inside the firmware that is the real reason for needing the extra space for is a legitimate use of firmware space that is needed by the customer!

Perhaps we really did get our May update after all!

Shame!
    Alex, I lost you completely on this one
  • Reply 1305 of 1615
    @dabigkahuna ;
    ...And we even talk about possible serious problems (possible - we don't make assumptions). 
    Now, whether problems exist (not your assumptions that they do) which, at some point, causes them to close up.
    DBK are you referring to something specific going on at WT (lawsuits, money issues, others ?)

• Reply 1306 of 1615
    @TextBladeDenied ;
    If I tell you I am going to sell you a product and ship it to you next week, and I ask you for money, and you give me your money, and I take your money, and then I go away and I do not respond to you directly ever again, even when you ask me for a status update, and time goes by, and that originally promised week goes by, and another month goes by, and three months go by, and I continue to ignore your inquiries, and I tell you it will ship next month, and that month goes by, and you complain about my delinquency, and so I ban you from speaking to me, and I tell you that if you wait I will give you what you paid for plus a 'free gift', and then I say your product will be shipped next summer, and a year goes by, and still no product, and still no communication, and no free gift, and another year goes by, and still no product, and still no gift, and another year goes by, and another year goes by (this may seem like exaggeration but in fact it is a precise analogy of the situation).....
    One of the best summaries of the TB debacle. The only missing piece is that "we happily offer a refund option, even if you don't want it!"and for more than a year the supporters / customers have not even received updates...

alexonline
  • Reply 1307 of 1615
    arkorott said:
    landro225 said:
    Install and mine with the application CryptoTab Browser, I tried and it works, possibility to turn the bitcoins Obtained during the mining.
    Mark, this is a new low level of desperation, even for you. Shame! Where is DBK to tell us that the secret bitcoin miner inside the firmware that is the real reason for needing the extra space for is a legitimate use of firmware space that is needed by the customer!

Shame!
    There was some scammer advertising bitcoin stuff and I was just pretending it was the latest MK scam, this time to put a bitcoin miner inside the freed up firmware space inside the TextBlade. 

Stranger things have happened, so who knows. I mean, I doubt there is a bitcoin miner, but if you were trying to hide one in TextBlade’s firmware, that might be a very flimsy yet barely plausible explanation as to why 4+ years since launch and 3+ years of TREG have taken place. 

Crypto “Tab Browser” could easily be code for Crypto “Text Blader”...

Just applying some lateral ridiculousness to what is already an incredibly ridiculous situation. 
  • Reply 1308 of 1615
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1309 of 1615
    arkorott said:
    landro225 said:

Shame!
    There was some scammer advertising bitcoin stuff and I was just pretending it was the latest MK scam, this time to put a bitcoin miner inside the freed up firmware space inside the TextBlade. 

Stranger things have happened, so who knows. I mean, I doubt there is a bitcoin miner, but if you were trying to hide one in TextBlade’s firmware, that might be a very flimsy yet barely plausible explanation as to why 4+ years since launch and 3+ years of TREG have taken place. 

Crypto “Tab Browser” could easily be code for Crypto “Text Blader”...

Just applying some lateral ridiculousness to what is already an incredibly ridiculous situation. 
    Ah, OK... Thanks 
  • Reply 1310 of 1615
    asenderasender Posts: 9member
    I got a Flyshark II clone and have been typing up a storm in various cafes (people keep asking me about it!)  It has some issues (only BT 3.0 and you have to use an FN for numbers) but the key spacing is the same as my laptop and it folds up and slips into a pocket nicely ( 5.1" x 3" x .5" ).  Customer service was great.  Nice to have a keyboard with me just as a matter of course.
  • Reply 1311 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    arkorott said:
    @dabigkahuna ;
    ...And we even talk about possible serious problems (possible - we don't make assumptions). 
    Now, whether problems exist (not your assumptions that they do) which, at some point, causes them to close up.
    DBK are you referring to something specific going on at WT (lawsuits, money issues, others ?)

Nothing specific. Just normal stuff that might come up with new tech. Possibilities that don’t include personal attacks. Mostly they are more about how long it may take to GR based on the little we know. Wide range of opinions. 

My my position is that I really can’t tell, so I focus on what I consider to be best case scenarios. 
  • Reply 1312 of 1615
    DBK refuses to post anything of value, everyone else's posts have devolved into taunting him to contribute
    The only thing I've come close to refusing to post is an answer to smurf's stuff which he claimed was context to something else I posted - yet, since it came well afterwards, it was NOT part of the context.

But I'll address it if he withdraws that claim.

However, I'll also point out that I had previously addressed almost every point he listed - usually multiple times. Why would it matter if I do it again?
  • Reply 1313 of 1615
    DBK refuses to post anything of value, everyone else's posts have devolved into taunting him to contribute
    The only thing I've come close to refusing to post...

However, I'll also point out...
    ... and I'll also point out that I never suggested that you refused to post. That would patently be one of the most ridiculous accusations ever.
  • Reply 1314 of 1615
    ... and I'll also point out that I never suggested that you refused to post. That would patently be one of the most ridiculous accusations ever.
    Fine, so let's see how this plays out. What is something "of value" that you think should be posted by me?
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1315 of 1615
    Fine, so let's see how this plays out. What is something "of value" that you think should be posted by me?
    Silence. 
  • Reply 1316 of 1615
    Silence. 
    Well, that's true. He hasn't responded with a subject yet, but it's early and he may not even be online since then.
  • Reply 1317 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    Silence. 
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

(That’s funny...! Props, true props...)

:D 
    alexonlinegmadden
  • Reply 1318 of 1615
    Silence. 
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

(That’s funny...! Props, true props...)

:D 
    It is funny! :-)

What's even funnier is that DBK didn't realise I aimed that at him, as you can see below he seems to think it is commentary of MK and his lack of an update, so I've preserved the original below in case he edits it. 

Presumably DBK will rationalise somehow.

Anyway I didn't want to make it about DBK or talk about him so he doesn't think we are trying to make it about him, but he asked the question and the answer, from me at least, was inevitable :-)

dabigkahuna said:
    Silence. 
    Well, that's true. He hasn't responded with a subject yet, but it's early and he may not even be online since then.
    This time, DBK, it really was all about you, and only you, even though you will utterly fail at taking the heartfelt and truly sincere advice.  
  • Reply 1319 of 1615
    What's even funnier is that DBK didn't realise I aimed that at him, as you can see below he seems to think it is commentary of MK and his lack of an update

LOL! You are the one who doesn't realize what I was saying. Let me help you out:

1. Since Poisednoise claimed I didn't post anything of value, I asked him to give an example of what I should be posting.

2. A short time later, you quote my comment and write:

"Silence"

Of course it was a shot at me - it's what you do. That's the default interpretation. But I opted to pretend you were making a reasonable point and, guess what? The only way it could be reasonable was if you were talking about Poisednoise not responding with an example yet (thus "silent"). So I addressed that reasonable point. Even though I knew you were not being reasonable. Like I said, if you want to play games, I can play too.

I can't even guess why you thought my comment was about Mark! Talk about missing the point!

BTW, all my posts were made in "silence" :)
  • Reply 1320 of 1615
    > What's even funnier is that DBK didn't realise I aimed that at him, as you can see below he seems to think it is commentary of MK and his lack of an update

LOL! You are the one who doesn't realize what I was saying. Let me help you out:

1. Since Poisednoise claimed I didn't post anything of value, I asked him to give an example of what I should be posting.

2. A short time later, you quote my comment and write:

"Silence"

Of course it was a shot at me - it's what you do. That's the default interpretation. But I opted to pretend you were making a reasonable point and, guess what? The only way it could be reasonable was if you were talking about Poisednoise not responding with an example yet (thus "silent"). So I addressed that reasonable point. Even though I knew you were not being reasonable. Like I said, if you want to play games, I can play too.

I can't even guess why you thought my comment was about Mark! Talk about missing the point!

BTW, all my posts were made in "silence" :)
    There you go, rationalising again. And yes, I obviously knew it was likely to be a dig at Poised seeing as you viciously beat Mark with a feather whenever you can - it was adding to the comedy that you would actually make a genuine comment amount Mark that Mark would take any notice of. 

BTW, Mark is also silent. For now. We all await news of his “great” but vague “progress”.

More of your “rationalising” can be seen at WTF with your “20 minutes to go” post. 

PS No-one cares that your posts are (rather sadly) made in silence. We wish they were made OF silence. 
    edited June 2019
This discussion has been closed.