The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1341 of 1615
    arkorott said:

But none of that is DBK fault.

I do not agree with him on some of the stuff he posts and he posts quite a lot, but engaging DBK in an endless back and forth personal attacks when we end up discussing unrelated stuff, gets the discussion further away from the TB.
    I disagree that none of it is his fault. He shills for a bad actor, and deflects and obstructs on behalf of a bad actor. That contributes to Mark Knighton's unethical behavior by enabling it. A loser like Mark Knighton cannot exist and behave as he does for so long without his little shills and lap dogs enabling him. In that context and to that extent, it is also DBKs fault.

But I agree that DBK should not be attacked. In fact, he should not be engaged at all. He should be entirely ignored. I would suggest (including myself in this) everyone converse with each other and completely ignore his ridiculous trolling and baiting as much as possible (difficult as that may be at at times) so we can all focus on the more relevant points, which are to engage and/or criticize Mark Knighton.

alexonline
  • Reply 1342 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    No idea who you are referring to, TBD. 

Douglas Adams would turn in his grave knowing how many deadlines have whooshed by over at Delaytools. 
    edited June 2019 TextBladeDenied
  • Reply 1343 of 1615
    At time of posting it is nearly 1am Monday 3 June 2019 in California. 

Sleepy MK is a joke!

Wake up MK, you have work to finish. Sounds like posting will take all week because of the significant good progress you’re documenting?
  • Reply 1344 of 1615
    hi @patientlywaiting ;

I think onnanoshiro was saying that any sort of BT was forbidden in the device even if it wasn't actually being used. So unless WayTools releases a wired-only TextBlade, I think onnanoshiro is out of luck.

Yes. That's what I mean. I wasn't clear, sorry. So I worry about one for my mother who can use any type of BT.
    I think now even my mother is out of luck.

dabigkahuna said:
    Well, fine, our orders were not "fulfilled". But we were shipped a TextBlade and we are customers.
    > Yes, that's what I'm pointing out--while there is a tortured way of reading it that keeps it technically true, it is highly misleading.

Textblade orders are shipped... but not fulfilled? They are just delivered? Borrowed? For test? That is very confusing. And yes, I agree it's misleading too. Especially to people not with fluent English. Even people with fluent English?

In Japan, estimate (mitsu-mori) from company is most like contract (kye-yaku) without signature. If you don't keep up this kind of contract, legally you lose nothing, but publicly you lose a lot of face and honor and reputation (maybe all of it). Hm... In America, it's not same way?

I understand now. I think I will not order
  • Reply 1345 of 1615

In Japan, estimate (mitsu-mori) from company is most like contract (kye-yaku) without signature. If you don't keep up this kind of contract, legally you lose nothing, but publicly you lose a lot of face and honor and reputation (maybe all of it). Hm... In America, it's not same way?
    It's essentially the same in America, but it depends on the context. There can be excusable actions, and inexcusable actions. Mark Knighton (Waytools) behaved inexcusably long ago.

Wise decision.

• Reply 1346 of 1615
    Late morning on the east coast and still no update!

So much for quiet Sunday's. So much for June 1st's. So much for May's!

• Reply 1347 of 1615
    For me this delay is even more unforgivable than a four year delay on the textblade.
    • Unlike the textblade, this task was easily measurable - it should have been easy to estimate how long it was going to take.
    • It's also very clear from his updates that he did not even begin to think about writing this until after the original deadline of end of the month. 
    • When we finally see this update I may be proven wrong, but I suspect it is not going to be a report of several tens of thousands of words. I'm anticipating something which if you printed it out would come out as two sides of paper: quite easy for most of us (even if some research were involved) to knock out in a couple of hours at most.
    • He's missed three self-imposed deadlines now in as many days. If he can't even produce a bit of text anywhere close to a deadline, it becomes even clearer why it is that we haven't seen the keyboard yet.
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1348 of 1615
    As another deadline slips by, one that takes gobs of work that feels good though according to Mark, I found a poem I re-wrote a couple of years ago. It is dedicated to Mark Knighton:

All things bright and beautiful,
    All keypads great and small,
    All lies wise and wonderful:
    The Lord Mark made them all.

Each little keystroke that is made,

Da Big Kahuna sings, 

He types out glowing odes, yeah 

He believes such weird things.

Our purple-headed anger, 

The lies keep flying by, 

That sunset of the deadline 

That brightens up the lie.

The cold wind of no Textblade, 

Unpleasant summer run, 

Unripe fruits in the keyboard, 

Mark made them every one.

The tall tales in the forum, 

The shadows where they play, 

We're rushing to the slaughter, 

They'll refund every day.

Mark gave us lies to hear them, 

And lips that he might tell 

How great ain't God Mark Knighton, 

Who has made no things well.

edited June 2019
  • Reply 1349 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member

Textblade orders are shipped... but not fulfilled? They are just delivered? Borrowed? For test? That is very confusing.

At the start of Treg, it was expected that the units we received WOULD be our official units we ordered - but only if no problems were found. We found problems. Successive updated units were also considered to be our final units if they worked on. That was the case until WT decided they needed a paint job for the letters that would last longer. They didn't want to redo the keycaps again (they already had done it twice) just for the paint, just in case another problem showed up. So, since that decision was made, we know our present units are not our final units. But even then, they may just ship us new keycaps to replace the ones we have - which would me most of the TB - and all the high tech stuff - would be what we already have.

Maybe the update will clarify this stuff.

Perfectly understandable if you don't want to order now. You can always just wait and see if it ships and order then. It will cost more, but, imo, it will still be a huge bargain.
  • Reply 1350 of 1615
    For me this delay is even more unforgivable than a four year delay on the textblade.
    • Unlike the textblade, this task was easily measurable - it should have been easy to estimate how long it was going to take.
    Actually, some of that is what I've been saying - a delay because of new tech surprises is understandable, but not so much constantly missing update timeframes. Missing occasionally is also understandable, but we have gone way past that.

arkorott
  • Reply 1351 of 1615

Da Big Kahuna sings, 

I think you'll find I've posted more criticisms of WT lately than "glowing odes". Please don't make things up.
  • Reply 1352 of 1615

Da Big Kahuna sings, 

I think you'll find I've posted more criticisms of WT lately than "glowing odes". Please don't make things up.
    Who are you?

Hello blind person who cannot read, this poem was written two years ago when even then your odes were odious.

Please stop polluting message boards with your fake news, fake hope.

How about YOU stop making things up, like how 3am Monday is the same as a Friday. You are as fake as a real GR TextBlade and a disgrace!

It takes gobs of good work to realise this and it feels cognitively and productively good.

This is Significant. 

DBK backwards is KBD... Surely this is no coincidence. 

Apple WWDC 2019 extremely significant. 

TextBlade 2019 update - still not delivered, still a giant fizzer. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1353 of 1615
    Hello blind person who cannot read, this poem was written two years ago when even then your odes were odious.

How about YOU stop making things up, like how 3am Monday is the same as a Friday.
    1. You have never shown I make "glowing odes" - whether now or two years ago.

2. That one is essentially just a straight up fib since I never made any such claim.

Make up crap about me and I'll respond. And then you will complain that I'm making it "all about me".
  • Reply 1354 of 1615

How about YOU stop making things up, like how 3am Monday is the same as a Friday.

2. That one is essentially just a straight up fib since I never made any such claim.

Make up crap about me and I'll respond. And then you will complain that I'm making it "all about me".
    Who are you?
  • Reply 1355 of 1615

Desperate for attention, the KBD speaks:

"The classic example being if a critic wants to insist the end of a week MUST be Friday. But I’ll show that it can reasonably extend to about 3:00 AM Monday morning."

Try that BS with a bank or other financial institution if late with a payment. 

KBD Reasonable? No. KBD Madlessly rationalising? Yes. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1356 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

Desperate for attention, the KBD speaks:

"The classic example being if a critic wants to insist the end of a week MUST be Friday. But I’ll show that it can reasonably extend to about 3:00 AM Monday morning."

KBD Reasonable? No. KBD Madlessly rationalising? Yes. 
    Death and taxes eh...?  ;)
  • Reply 1357 of 1615

But this isn’t a bank. Context matters. I can justify the end of the week to be on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or even the very earlies hours of Monday morning. I provide the reasoning for all of them. Somehow you never quote that part. Nor do you ever show that any of them are wrong. 

But out you don’t seem to have a problem if someone insists it must be Friday!
  • Reply 1358 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

But this isn’t a bank. Context matters. I can justify the end of the week to be on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or even the very earlies hours of Monday morning. I provide the reasoning for all of them. Somehow you never quote that part. Nor do you ever show that any of them are wrong. 

They’re a business, and standard business hours are Monday to Friday 9-5 (you could possibly stretch that to 5:30...). If they specify something occurring outside that timeframe (up front), there would be an understandable expectation/understanding of the difference, but any “vague” statement of a comms deadline would reasonably be expected to fall within that timeframe. 

Whilst the universe and the English language allows for an enormous amount of flexibility on interpretations of words, a reasonable “standard, off-the-street human” if polled, would likely say “9 to 5 Mon to Fri is when I’d expect comms to be posted... any earlier is a bonus, any later is poor form...”
    alexonline
  • Reply 1359 of 1615

Who are you? The ghost of Text Blade past? Please go to the What The Forum and stick with your sycophantic pretense there. We see through you as much as MK, whom you are finally getting a tad more upset over. 

I suspect you really worry the TB will never come, and you'll have loved but lost. 

BTW 3am Monday falls into an entirely new week, but Moon Logic KBD thinks it's the same as a Friday. 

Thank you for your contribution KBD!
  • Reply 1360 of 1615

Butt out? Yes indeed, KBD. Butt out of our lives please. No-one needs your "reasoning" that Friday means Monday. This is Orwellian stuff, but you are NOT the Ministry of Truth - or maybe, you are!
    edited June 2019
This discussion has been closed.