The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1381 of 1615
    > I’m simply stating that I don’t think most “average” people think in those “potential” terms - they think “5pm on a Friday night in Santa Monica

Most such folks, even IF they thought that way as a starting, default, view (which can not actually be proven, btw), would be willing to adjust their opinion if the other options were presented. Which may include:

1. WayTools works on Saturdays too.
    2. Mark does some of his work on Sundays.
    3. Regardless of what hours and days they work, the week isn't over on Friday.
    4. Etc, etc, etc

Average people tend, when presented with all the facts, to be pretty rational. They may not like waiting past Friday, but they can accept other reasonable meanings that they did not originally think of once they are pointed out.

So, when are you going to retract your claim that I was advocating an "endlessly flexible" time frame for what is the end of a week? I mean, I gave a pretty definite maximum cutoff which, I'm pretty sure, directly contradicts the "endlessly" part of your claim.

As always, there is plenty of opportunity to criticize - including the fact that this latest update was delayed until Saturday, until Sunday, until Monday and here we are on Tuesday and it still isn't here. Yet you still are stuck on what the end of the week is, trying to make it all about Fridays.
    Actually, people’s expectations on what they’d expect by default are pretty standard. The amount of leeway they are then prepared to allow depends entirely on their level of apology for missing the expectation. We can quite clearly see you are on the extreme end of that apologism (I don’t think that’s technically a word - what’s the adjectival form of apology?)

”Endlessly flexible” is entirely appropriate: your willingness to change and adjust what you deem reasonable expectations on Waytools missed targets and timelines is indeed flexible and your flexibility has yet to end... as the resident pedant, I can’t really see how you can possibly fail to accept “endlessly flexible” as an apt description of your attitude toward Waytools and tardiness... I’m quite sure come the next missed target/estimate/deadline, you’ll have another extremely flexible rationalisation acting in the role of an apologist - hence; it has not yet ended... ergo; “endless”...

;) 
    alexonline
  • Reply 1382 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    > I’m simply stating that I don’t think most “average” people think in those “potential” terms - they think “5pm on a Friday night in Santa Monica

Most such folks, even IF they thought that way as a starting, default, view (which can not actually be proven, btw), would be willing to adjust their opinion if the other options were presented. Which may include:

1. WayTools works on Saturdays too.
    2. Mark does some of his work on Sundays.
    3. Regardless of what hours and days they work, the week isn't over on Friday.
    4. Etc, etc, etc

Average people tend, when presented with all the facts, to be pretty rational. They may not like waiting past Friday, but they can accept other reasonable meanings that they did not originally think of once they are pointed out.

So, when are you going to retract your claim that I was advocating an "endlessly flexible" time frame for what is the end of a week? I mean, I gave a pretty definite maximum cutoff which, I'm pretty sure, directly contradicts the "endlessly" part of your claim.

As always, there is plenty of opportunity to criticize - including the fact that this latest update was delayed until Saturday, until Sunday, until Monday and here we are on Tuesday and it still isn't here. Yet you still are stuck on what the end of the week is, trying to make it all about Fridays.
    Actually, people’s expectations on what they’d expect by default are pretty standard. The amount of leeway they are then prepared to allow depends entirely on their level of apology for missing the expectation. We can quite clearly see you are on the extreme end of that apologism (I don’t think that’s technically a word - what’s the adjectival form of apology?)

”Endlessly flexible” is entirely appropriate: your willingness to change and adjust what you deem reasonable expectations on Waytools missed targets and timelines is indeed flexible and your flexibility has yet to end... as the resident pedant, I can’t really see how you can possibly fail to accept “endlessly flexible” as an apt description of your attitude toward Waytools and tardiness... I’m quite sure come the next missed target/estimate/deadline, you’ll have another extremely flexible rationalisation acting in the role of an apologist - hence; it has not yet ended... ergo; “endless”...

;) 
    I think the word you're looking for is "apologasm". They must be quite enjoyable. 
  • Reply 1383 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    Faulty KBD said: 
    For the record, since you changed the words I wrote, your whole post is a lie.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1384 of 1615
    Actually, people’s expectations on what they’d expect by default are pretty standard.

”Endlessly flexible” is entirely appropriate: your willingness to change and adjust what you deem reasonable expectations on Waytools missed targets and timelines is indeed flexible and your flexibility has yet to end
    You don't get to decide what is "standard".

And since I gave clear limits to when a week could be considered to end, you must not know what "endlessly flexible" even means.
  • Reply 1385 of 1615
    Actually, people’s expectations on what they’d expect by default are pretty standard.

”Endlessly flexible” is entirely appropriate: your willingness to change and adjust what you deem reasonable expectations on Waytools missed targets and timelines is indeed flexible and your flexibility has yet to end
    You don't get to decide what is "standard".

And since I gave clear limits to when a week could be considered to end, you must not know what "endlessly flexible" even means.
    You don't get to decide what is "standard" either. 

Your clear limits are like looking into mud and claiming it is clear water. 

Give up, KBD. You are the faulty winner of the Internet, today and every day.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1386 of 1615
    Faulty KBD said: 
    For the record, Faulty KBD is not DBK. Anyone with half a brain knows that. Well, almost anyone, I know of at least one exception. 

Indeed, like a GR TextBlade, Faulty KBD is a work of fiction, but as with many such situations, truth can be stranger than fiction. 

Hey, has Mark posted an update yet? You're his bosom buddy and all. Is he still with us? Or is he still sending his Cheers to Craig F.?
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1387 of 1615
    alexonline said:

You don't get to decide what is "standard" either. 

Your clear limits are like looking into mud and claiming it is clear water. 
    You know what's really cool about this? That I didn't claim what was "standard". I simply covered all the reasonable limits to the phrase.

Oh, and my limit was quite clear - so for you to say it wasn't probably explains why you don't show what I said.

You're his bosom buddy and all.

And you made that up too.

For the record, Faulty KBD is not DBK.

For the record, you first made the DBK / KBD reversal back in 1353. Since then you have used it regularly and sometimes have applied a couple different adjectives prior to the "KBD" initials, but in each case you refers to things I said - including the altering of my words while presenting them as being what I actually said. You writing skills don't matter when you are posting falsehoods.
  • Reply 1388 of 1615
    Hey KBDBK, has Mark posted an update yet?
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1389 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    Oh well. What's new today? Nothing I guess... 

Another day at the office without a TB, without an update, but with an endless argument spinning out of control on the meaning of life... It's 42.

(Athough I must admit the YTD posts compilation was strong stuff. Specially when you read all of that in one go) 

• Reply 1390 of 1615
    Hey KBDBK, has Mark posted an update yet?
    You don't know? In spite of all the times I've said they haven't done the update yet and said they missed their own target?
  • Reply 1391 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    Faulty KBD said: 
    Faulty; for the record (as if that actually means anything on “the internets”...), incorrect parts might well be incorrect but correct parts would be entirely correct. If a word is changed in something, it doesn’t invalidate all of the other correct words...

Your logic would invalidate everything someone has written because of a typo and that’s nonsense...

...and btw “lie... you keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means...”  ;)
  • Reply 1392 of 1615
    Hey KDBDK, any word on an update from Mark yet? Is he alive? Sulking?
  • Reply 1393 of 1615
    Faulty KBD said: 
    Faulty; for the record (as if that actually means anything on “the internets”...), incorrect parts might well be incorrect but correct parts would be entirely correct. If a word is changed in something, it doesn’t invalidate all of the other correct words...

Your logic would invalidate everything someone has written because of a typo and that’s nonsense...
    Funny thing, but while I've made typos that critics have made a big deal about, it has not been something I do - other than, on occasion, to apply it to someone who used it against me. Just to show how they will be held to their own "standards".

But you know darn well this isn't about a simple, isolated, typo. It was a rephrasing to say things I didn't come close to saying. As such, your response tells me as much about you as Alex's changing my words told me about him. Well, okay, it wasn't like it was anything I didn't already know. But let's just say it was further confirmation.

alexonline said:
    Hey KDBDK, any word on an update from Mark yet?
    If I knew, I wouldn't tell you anyway. Let me know when you withdraw you post that lied about what I said.
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1394 of 1615
    It’s a lie to say that I lied about you. Let me know when you will apologise to me for calling me a liar. 

There’s a reason you rub people up the wrong way, you prove it with most posts. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1395 of 1615
    It’s a lie to say that I lied about you. Let me know when you will apologise to me for calling me a liar. 

Post 1381 was presented as repeating what I said. Except you changed a bunch of the words I said. So, yep, your post was a lie.
  • Reply 1396 of 1615

Post 1381 was presented as repeating what I said. Except you changed a bunch of the words I said. So, yep, your post was a lie.
    Well, the world can see you’re a liar. You don’t understand sarcasm, you enable Mark - who has gone silent. Silent! Again!

I read the reports from Treggers saying what a good guy Mark is, but the world knows the truth about him - and about you. 

AI - please shut this thread down so DBK stops having yet another forum to spread spectacular untruths and ever more false hope about TextBlade. 

Who has the money? Mark Knighton. Who is one of his enablers? DBK. 
  • Reply 1397 of 1615

Who has the money? Mark Knighton. Who is one of his enablers? DBK. 
    You don’t understand sarcasm

I understand that anyone not keeping up who saw your post would have no reason to think it was sarcasm. Either way, it was just dishonest of you.

AI - please shut this thread down

Ah, so that's the goal. I've seen that before.

Who is one of his enablers? DBK

Funny thing, but you never show how I enable Mark. You've admitted I criticize WT. You've also said I've failed to get him to post an update. But then, you haven't succeeded either. So it seems to me that, if we were to accept you silly claim, that you must be an enabler of Mark too. :)
  • Reply 1398 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

> AI - please shut this thread down

Umm... just to clarify for any readers who don’t know what you’re talking about; your [dabigkahuna’s] various accounts [and sock puppet accounts] have been banned on multiple forums from multiple different forum administrators for reasons varying from breaching the forum terms and conditions to being overly argumentative to having a metaphorical punch on with a forum administrator; it’s possibly part of the reason some people are somewhat sceptical and suspicious of your motivations when inserting yourself into any forum where the TexBlade or Waytools is a subject.

To my knowledge, all of those instances (and there may be more of which I am unaware) have been where you have chosen to defend Waytools and the TextBlade with zealot-like fervour and the Administrators have determined you have gone too far in being disagreeable or argumentative, they have appealed to you to adjust, you haven’t and they have had to resort to banning your account (which you have often tried to subvert for another bite of the cherry through a sock puppet account in order to continue a scrap you cannot accept has ended).

*Just a bit of a public service announcement for the sake of context...

As for sarcasm bit; sarcasm and lying are definitely not the same thing... you might understand them to be the same thing, but they aren’t... one is lying and the other is... ummm... well the other is sarcasm. It is dishonest of you to conflate the two (unless of course you genuinely do not know that the two are different things, in which case I apologise and would graciously grant you time and space to look up the distinction between the two - that there was condescension, just in case you were wondering...)
  • Reply 1399 of 1615

> AI - please shut this thread down

Umm... just to clarify for any readers who don’t know what you’re talking about; your [dabigkahuna’s] various accounts [and sock puppet accounts] have been banned on multiple forums from multiple different forum administrators for reasons varying from breaching the forum terms and conditions to being overly argumentative to having a metaphorical punch on with a forum administrator; it’s possibly part of the reason some people are somewhat sceptical and suspicious of your motivations when inserting yourself into any forum where the TexBlade or Waytools is a subject.

To my knowledge, all of those instances (and there may be more of which I am unaware) have been where you have chosen to defend Waytools and the TextBlade with zealot-like fervour and the Administrators have determined you have gone too far in being disagreeable or argumentative, they have appealed to you to adjust, you haven’t and they have had to resort to banning your account (which you have often tried to subvert for another bite of the cherry through a sock puppet account in order to continue a scrap you cannot accept has ended).

*Just a bit of a public service announcement for the sake of context...

As for sarcasm bit; sarcasm and lying are definitely not the same thing... you might understand them to be the same thing, but they aren’t... one is lying and the other is... ummm... well the other is sarcasm. It is dishonest of you to conflate the two (unless of course you genuinely do not know that the two are different things, in which case I apologise and would graciously grant you time and space to look up the distinction between the two - that there was condescension, just in case you were wondering...)
    This is the truth. 
  • Reply 1400 of 1615
    weirdosmurf said:

Umm... just to clarify for any readers who don’t know what you’re talking about; your [dabigkahuna’s] various accounts [and sock puppet accounts] have been banned on multiple forums from multiple different forum administrators
    Except there was only one case outside of the subreddits that were run by Rolanbek, weirdosmurf, and others who act the same.

And you left out the part that the first time I was banned on your subreddit was AFTER I found out people were talking about me there AND some were pretending to be me. I was not even a member of Reddit before I saw that happening. So I made a couple posts, responding to people who were talking about me (that is, whey had made me the issue even though I wasn't even there) and was immediately banned for being "off topic" (in spite of responding to what someone else made the topic) and told they didn't want "any of that here". Which much have meant they wanted to be able to attack me, but didn't want any rebuttal. Yet none of those people who started it were banned.

As for sarcasm bit; sarcasm and lying are definitely not the same thing

In this case, since there was nothing showing it was sarcasm, the definition to you must be something like, "We are fine with the lying, but if we get called on it, we'll say we were being sarcastic".
    edited June 2019
This discussion has been closed.