Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,700member
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    Now we know where Jony Ive has been working since Thursday.
    LOL

But may not be far from the truth in the future. I imagine everyone is going to want to work with him, 
    Samsung walking into Jony Ive office, see Huawei already sit there waiting. 
    LOL. You obviously haven't seen any recent Samsung or Huawei flagships. Believe me, neither of them need Sir Jony Ive.

In fact, Apple could learn a thing or two from the design of recent flagships from both companies (or even Oppo and OnePlus).
    My house is in downtown and every time I’m going out I see advertisings of Samsung and Huawei flagship phones on massive billboards everyday (Oh Oppo too). Tries again. Not everyone has shitty taste in design like yours.
    So, what is shitty about the design?

General consensus doesn't share your opinion but if you could detail the shitty design it would at least lend support to your claim.

Many see the S10 Flagships as the best designs on the market right now. P30 Pro is in the same league. 

Far from shitty.

Might not be shitty but it’s amazing how only Apple gets dinged for iterative designs even though every mainstream smartphone these days is iterative.
    I think the problem for Apple in this context is twofold.

1. They only release three phones a year (before it was just two) and the older phones stick around in the major lineup.

2. Their designs, when they change, don't change enough. A problem that gets compounded by the older, similar looking, phones in the lineup.

The only way Apple can alter the perception is by making bigger changes and more frequently but doesn't seem likely so the dinging will continue.
    Could this guy show any more that he simply does not get Apple? That they don’t do change for change’s sake? That they don’t throw tons of shit against the wall to see what sticks? That only doing one, then two, now three phones a year is how they became the best-selling handset and #1 brand?

I mean this guy personifies everything about getting Apple wrong. All of the things they did right that made them successful he sees a “problem”. It’s hilarious. 

No my guy, they will not be doing any of that. 
    Is that the same brand that saw sales flatten for three years and then drop (profit warning included)?

I 'get' Apple far better than you. Especially the iPhone business. No one is asking for a change for the sake of change.

However, Apple has changed. It now releases three models instead of two per year. How did that happen and why?

Think about it.

Where on earth did you get best selling handset and brand from? That goes to Samsung followed by Huawei and is yet another reason for change.

Three years of flat sales and a profit warning is not "getting it right". Seeing the competition literally eat your lunch on almost every level is not "getting it right".

The 5G modem situation is not "getting it right".

Shipping a $1,000 dollar phone with a 5W charger is not "getting it right".

Should I continue?

bigtdsAppleExposedmuthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 42 of 64
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

But may not be far from the truth in the future. I imagine everyone is going to want to work with him, 
    LOL. You obviously haven't seen any recent Samsung or Huawei flagships. Believe me, neither of them need Sir Jony Ive.

In fact, Apple could learn a thing or two from the design of recent flagships from both companies (or even Oppo and OnePlus).
    My house is in downtown and every time I’m going out I see advertisings of Samsung and Huawei flagship phones on massive billboards everyday (Oh Oppo too). Tries again. Not everyone has shitty taste in design like yours.

General consensus doesn't share your opinion but if you could detail the shitty design it would at least lend support to your claim.

Many see the S10 Flagships as the best designs on the market right now. P30 Pro is in the same league. 

Far from shitty.

Might not be shitty but it’s amazing how only Apple gets dinged for iterative designs even though every mainstream smartphone these days is iterative.

1. They only release three phones a year (before it was just two) and the older phones stick around in the major lineup.

2. Their designs, when they change, don't change enough. A problem that gets compounded by the older, similar looking, phones in the lineup.

The only way Apple can alter the perception is by making bigger changes and more frequently but doesn't seem likely so the dinging will continue.
    Could this guy show any more that he simply does not get Apple? That they don’t do change for change’s sake? That they don’t throw tons of shit against the wall to see what sticks? That only doing one, then two, now three phones a year is how they became the best-selling handset and #1 brand?

I mean this guy personifies everything about getting Apple wrong. All of the things they did right that made them successful he sees a “problem”. It’s hilarious. 

Is that the same brand that saw sales flatten for three years and then drop (profit warning included)?

I 'get' Apple far better than you. Especially the iPhone business. No one is asking for a change for the sake of change.

However, Apple has changed. It now releases three models instead of two per year. How did that happen and why?

Think about it.

Where on earth did you get best selling handset and brand from? That goes to Samsung followed by Huawei and is yet another reason for change.

Three years of flat sales and a profit warning is not "getting it right". Seeing the competition literally eat your lunch on almost every level is not "getting it right".

Should I continue?

Yes, it is the same brand that saw its insane, record-breaking, never-before-seen-on-earth sales slow, as we all knew and said it would -- because nothing grows forever, dur. You do realize iPhone was the single most successful consumer product in history of humanity, right? Not your crappy chinese knockoff, but Apple's iPhone. It has generated more profit than any other product. It is a once-in-a-lifetime, smashing success. 

No, you do not get Apple better than me, or most people on this site. Far, far from it. Besides your clueless commentary and expectations for Apple to do things that don't make sense for it to do for a myriad of reasons, you won't even explain what your background is so that we could weight or provide additional context to your ramblings. I must assume if not a plant you simply don't have much experience in this field.

Apple offers more iPhones for the same reason it offers more iPads. Google price umbrellas.

Nope, iPhone is the single-best selling handset. I'm not talking most units of all-models-thrown-against the wall, I'm talking single-best-selling model -- it's iPhone. Historically when Apple sold just one new model a year, it killed all of the brands which often had multiple models. Now it's harder to compare with multiple sizes, and even new models. But most consumers can't even pronounce your chinese knockoff brand's name, let alone know what their models are. But as one series, iPhone is still king.

There is no 5G modem situation. No one gives a shit about 5G right now except you, because you're a cheerleader for a 5G modem company. 

Shipping a $1000 champion device aped by your cheap chinese knockoffs, with a 5W charger makes perfect sense -- most iPhone consumers (aka "normals") prefer small chargers, and charge at nite, slowly. Super-fast charging is a niche use case. Most never do it. There are options there, but it would be a waste of resources for the planet to ship bigger, more expensive chargers to every consumer. I'd prefer if they didn't ship one at all.

Your ignorance in all these matters is without equal, truly.
    edited July 2019 fastasleepAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 64
    majorslmajorsl Posts: 119unconfirmed, member
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

I think you should.  The exact posters I thought would reply to me did, with the exact same old spiel they always use, proving my 3 points.

The copycat thing goes both ways.  Hrm, let's see, what did Android have before iOS?  Off the top of my head:
    • 3rd party keyboard support
    • changing the background picture (I remember this one specifically as I lived it)
    • multitasking (at least what we call it now in iOS), it was garbage compared to Android at first
    • notifications that you could interact with instead of having to go to the app for something simple, like a quick txt reply
    • multi-cameras
    • under glass finger print (which is lightning fast and flawless on my OnePlus)
    • fast charging (now up to "warp-charging" with my OnePlus - really fast charging, seriously) - note 5W comment by avon b7 - perfectly stated. I'd feel like I was waiting on a solar charge during an eclipse with any current iPhone.  The charger is a little bigger than an iPhone charger, but I could get a smaller one than and iPhone and scale back to 10W, or it even charges with my MBP charger so that's one less to carry!
    • swiping keyboard, but hey, you'll get this as a "new, awesome, feature in iOS 13
    I'm sure there are more.  In many cases, AppleExposed has perfectly stated it: Apple is iknocking-off-the-list these features one by one.  Nice to see them "innovating" and catching up.
    edited July 2019 bigtdschemengin1
  • Reply 44 of 64
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    majorsl said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

I think you should.  The exact posters I thought would reply to me did, with the exact same old spiel they always use, proving my 3 points.

The copycat thing goes both ways.  Hrm, let's see, what did Android have before iOS?  Off the top of my head:
    • changing the background picture (I remember this one specifically as I lived it)
    • multitasking (at least what we call it now in iOS), it was garbage compared to Android at first
    • notifications that you could interact with instead of having to go to the app for something simple, like a quick txt reply
    • multi-cameras
    • fast charging (now up to "warp-charging" with my OnePlus - really fast charging, seriously) - note 5W comment by avon b7 - perfectly stated. I'd feel like I was waiting on a solar charge during an eclipse with any current iPhone.
    • swiping keyboard, but hey, you'll get this as a "new, awesome, feature in iOS 13
    I'm sure there are more.  In many cases, AppleExposed has perfectly stated it: Apple is iknocking-off-the-list these features one by one.  Nice to see them "innovating" and catching up.
    Nope, we just see the same troll tropes here over and over. Again, don't flatter yourself. 

Your opinion of Android's multitasking compared to iOS, is simply your opinion. iOS multi-tasking has never been garbage. It used frozen states because it was unnecessary to allow processes to run in the background, other than music, GPS, or file transfers. This effectively prevented rouge apps and preserved device resources. Android has historically had crummier performance and required more RAM and bigger battery chemistries to make up for its technical short-comings and inefficiencies. 

Android emphasis different values over the ones iOS values, which is why where Android knockoffs are quick to implement nerd features like third-party keyboards, Apple takes its time, ensuring performance, privacy, and security are always maintained. Android doesn't do this. They value different priorities. To claim that makes Android better (for everyone) is simply foolish. For Apple's market, the things Apple prioritizes makes more sense, and makes iOS better. 
    edited July 2019 AppleExposedfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 64
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Oh, we have. 

What's it like living in the alternative reality you occupy, where your chinese knockoffs are in fact innovators and leaders, rather than followers? Hell, even their own CEO said Apple is the leader and please don't ban them in China.

Since when is an earbud a flagship phone and what does the KFC limited edition have to do with flagships?

Perhaps you simply wanted to avoid what I really said and throw a 'look, there!' into the thread?

Alternative reality? No. 

Huawei:

Mate 10 Pro
    P20 Pro
    Mate 20 Pro
    P30 Pro
    Honor Magic 2
    Honor 20

Others:

Samsung 10 series
    Samsung Note 9
    Vivo Nex Dual Display
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Etc

That list is reality. Now, why not comment on the design? They ALL stand as excellent examples of what I said and Sir Ive nowhere to be seen.

Would you like to take a look at the design of the mid rangers too?

And not content with a worthless comment on design you want to throw innovation in too?

And you claim I live in an alternative reality!

Open up a thread on that and we'll see where the innovation is. 

By all means discuss what you think but please write something that is at least related to the point you are challenging.

chemengin1
  • Reply 46 of 64
    majorsl said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

• multi-cameras
    • fast charging (now up to "warp-charging" with my OnePlus - really fast charging, seriously) - note 5W comment by avon b7 - perfectly stated. I'd feel like I was waiting on a solar charge during an eclipse with any current iPhone.
    Nope, we just see the same troll tropes here over and over. Again, don't flatter yourself. 

Your opinion of Android's multitasking compared to iOS, is simply your opinion. iOS multi-tasking has never been garbage. It used frozen states because it was unnecessary to allow processes to run in the background, other than music, GPS, or file transfers. This effectively prevented rouge apps and preserved device resources. Android has historically had crummier performance and required more RAM and bigger battery chemistries to make up for its technical short-comings and inefficiencies. 

Android emphasis different values over the ones iOS values, which is why where Android knockoffs are quick to implement nerd features like third-party keyboards, Apple takes its time, ensuring performance, privacy, and security are always maintained. Android doesn't do this. They value different priorities. To claim that makes Android better (for everyone) is simply foolish. For Apple's market, the things Apple prioritizes makes more sense, and makes iOS better. 
    Oh please, someone stating facts and having a different opinion is not a troll.

The only troll tropes are the ones that a certain core group of forum posters here accuse others of when there is a difference of opinion or facts presented that don't jibe with their "Apple is all" worldview.  You're all about telling me that it's just my opinion, but yours are no less or more valid than mine.  I could say this certain group trolls anyone that doesn't engage in the proper groupthink, but that would be my opinion as well.

Your "values" argument is laughable on its face and perfectly illustrates my 2nd point.  Nice try.  How many of Apple's first goes are not perfect? But that's okay, it's Apple, it's innovation.  There are bound to be bumps in the road, but they'll make it better.  To turn the tables on a common saying here, "but Apple gets a pass from its users while the others are trashed for it".  Funny how that door swings both ways, isn't it?

If the ideas Android vendors create and bring to the table are so bad, why does Apple implement them?  You also seem to think that Android throws them out there and never refines or makes them better (hint: they do).

Nice job cherry picking 1 of my 8 points to find an excuse to rip on while not touching the others. Typical.  But, again, as above, Android OS never improved that, right?  Just left it "as is" because they are crummy. Hilarious.
    bigtdsmuthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 47 of 64
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

What gets me every time is how they expect Apple to release a revolutionary product yearly. Meanwhile every other company is in limbo.
    No one is asking for a revolutionary jump every year. 

If Huawei and Samsung can deliver big upgrades every six months as well as many other phones, Apple can too.

It is currently behind, precisely because of this situation. Far behind. What will you say if the Fold actually has been improved to the point of being a decent first generation offering?

Claiming they saw an Apple patent on folding phones and rushed theirs to market simply doesn't cut it.
    muthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 48 of 64
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

Yes, it is the same brand that saw its insane, record-breaking, never-before-seen-on-earth sales slow, as we all knew and said it would -- because nothing grows forever, dur. You do realize iPhone was the single most successful consumer product in history of humanity, right? Not your crappy chinese knockoff, but Apple's iPhone. It has generated more profit than any other product. It is a once-in-a-lifetime, smashing success. 

No, you do not get Apple better than me, or most people on this site. Far, far from it. Besides your clueless commentary and expectations for Apple to do things that don't make sense for it to do for a myriad of reasons, you won't even explain what your background is so that we could weight or provide additional context to your ramblings. I must assume if not a plant you simply don't have much experience in this field.

Apple offers more iPhones for the same reason it offers more iPads. Google price umbrellas.

Nope, iPhone is the single-best selling handset. I'm not talking most units of all-models-thrown-against the wall, I'm talking single-best-selling model -- it's iPhone. Historically when Apple sold just one new model a year, it killed all of the brands which often had multiple models. Now it's harder to compare with multiple sizes, and even new models. But most consumers can't even pronounce your chinese knockoff brand's name, let alone know what their models are. But as one series, iPhone is still king.

There is no 5G modem situation. No one gives a shit about 5G right now except you, because you're a cheerleader for a 5G modem company. 

Shipping a $1000 champion device aped by your cheap chinese knockoffs, with a 5W charger makes perfect sense -- most iPhone consumers (aka "normals") prefer small chargers, and charge at nite, slowly. Super-fast charging is a niche use case. Most never do it. There are options there, but it would be a waste of resources for the planet to ship bigger, more expensive chargers to every consumer. I'd prefer if they didn't ship one at all.

Your ignorance in all these matters is without equal, truly.
    Please open a thread with that post and I will point out everything that is wrong with it. Some teasers:

You knew sales would stall? And Tim Cook didn't?

You now lump ALL iPhones into a new 'iPhone' category to justify your top selling claim? What happens when you do the same with 'Android Phone'? Or 'Samsung Android Phone'?

There is very much a 5G situation and it is going to be a problem this year end.

Champion phone - $1,000. Apple was late to that one too! Huawei PD.

Users 'prefer' 5W chargers? No, they don't. They don't want to charge at night. They have no alternative out of the box. This claim is absurd! Apple will probably release a faster charger this year. They will probably joke about it and say something like 'it was the number one request from users'. When they reveal that one it will bring the house down! (Unless it's a 10W charger).

If you want to help the planet, make chargers optional at purchase and eliminate inefficient wireless charging.

Anyway, open a thread and we can go into detail. You are simply filling this one with ever more irrelevant claims.

No need to ask your opinion on the Fold as you have your 'knockoff' shooter cocked and ready. Try not to shoot yourself in the figurative foot before it reaches users!
    muthuk_vanalingamchemengin1
  • Reply 49 of 64
    majorsl said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

I'm sure there are more.  

Many, many more. I use iOS for tablets and my wife's XR. My Android uses EMUI 9.0.

Things I use every day on EMUI:

Multilingual Gboard

Knuckle gestures:
    Double knock for screenshot
    Draw 'S' for scrolling screenshot
    Draw a horizontal line for split screen
    That is simplicity.

Turn phone over to silence incoming calls.

Biggest single software gain since switching to Android: downloads actually downloading to my phone and being easily located once downloaded.

Biggest single hardware gain: fast (really fast charging). Seeing the decimals fly.

So many options in settings. iOS made me feel like I was wearing shackles on a phone.

That said, I adore my iPad Mini 2 and the MBPs were competitively priced (2011) and still working well.

It's crazy that some people repeatedly criticise but have not even used the systems they are complaining about but then speak of ignorance.
  • Reply 50 of 64
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

I'm referring to the anecdote about the meeting at Apple in which Ive laid out all the reasons the Fold would fail and was quickly proved correct.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 64
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    majorsl said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

• multi-cameras
    • fast charging (now up to "warp-charging" with my OnePlus - really fast charging, seriously) - note 5W comment by avon b7 - perfectly stated. I'd feel like I was waiting on a solar charge during an eclipse with any current iPhone.  The charger is a little bigger than an iPhone charger, but I could get a smaller one than and iPhone and scale back to 10W, or it even charges with my MBP charger so that's one less to carry!

Yeah releasing a knockoff iPhone with a knockoff iOS but adding something random is "innovative".

You remind me of the iKnockoff Knights who claim "Apple copied" a knockoff by adding another camera. lol
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 64
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,727member
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

LOL. NO. the iPhone is the best design currently on the market. The others will almost catch up in a year only for Apple to leapfrog again. 

Samsungs phones look good in commercials and cheap irl. 
    edited July 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 53 of 64
    majorsl said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Far from shitty.

Think about it.

Should I continue?

• multi-cameras

Yeah releasing a knockoff iPhone with a knockoff iOS but adding something random is "innovative".

You remind me of the iKnockoff Knights who claim "Apple copied" a knockoff by adding another camera. lol
    ...and, as I've seen on your other posts, you've done nothing to address the points of what I've said in two posts now.  Almost every one of those things you described as "random" has been incorporated/iknockedoff into iOS after they were first introduced on Android.

Wow, I'm getting a good sense of what it must be like for those that deprogram people after they've been in a cult.  Don't worry, we'll get there.
    chemengin1
  • Reply 54 of 64
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

I'm referring to the anecdote about the meeting at Apple in which Ive laid out all the reasons the Fold would fail and was quickly proved correct.
    I think nothing has been proven except that they rushed it to market. It's clear that no major changes have been made to the Fold as there hasn't been enough time for development or testing of major changes. In the case of the Mate X, it seems that nothing was changed in hardware, simply that 5G roll outs were taking a few weeks longer and the radio equipment needed calibration.

Ive simply couldn't 'know' anything and what Ive thinks doesn't have to be the last word either. The butterfly keyboard could be a case in point here.

He has an opinion and, yes, probably has prototypes to base his opinion on. However, what he doesn't have is the same access to display technology as Samsung and, far less, access to the design of the hinge itself.

The only way to know how this will perform is by letting it loose in a real world setting. The same applies to Huawei.
    edited July 2019 chemengin1
  • Reply 55 of 64
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,344member
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

I think nothing has been proven except that they rushed it to market. It's clear that no major changes have been made to the Fold as there hasn't been enough time for development or testing of major changes. In the case of the Mate X, it seems that nothing was changed in hardware, simply that 5G roll outs were taking a few weeks longer and the radio equipment needed calibration.

Ive simply couldn't 'know' anything and what Ive thinks doesn't have to be the last word either. The butterfly keyboard could be a case in point here.

He has an opinion and, yes, probably has prototypes to base his opinion on. However, what he doesn't have is the same access to display technology as Samsung and, far less, access to the design of the hinge itself.

The only way to know how this will perform is by letting it loose in a real world setting. The same applies to Huawei.
    "Ive simply couldn't know"

Uhm, yes, he would, at least of all the possibilities of actually building it today with current technology. Apple has probably been working on tablets including foldables since before the Knowledge Navigator of 1987. He would definitely be aware of all the pitfalls.

Do you really think that Apple hasn't been working on folding screens and that Ive wouldn't be involved?

As an aside, welcome to all of the "Church of First" and "Church of Marketshare" trolls that have joined up. Of course, there isn't generally any advantage to being first with some feature if the implementation is rushed and poorly executed. 

Hence why Apple gets those big disruptions, like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, AirPods, Watch, and Mac Book Air, and Android OS basically becomes a war zone of differentiation for all of the various Android OS OEM's competing in the space for those low ASP product lines. Still, if you want to believe that Apple is copying Android OS device makers, I'm cool with that. Profit is after all, a dish best served cold.
  • Reply 56 of 64
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

Uhm, yes, he would, at least of all the possibilities of actually building it today with current technology. Apple has probably been working on tablets including foldables since before the Knowledge Navigator of 1987. He would definitely be aware of all the pitfalls.

Do you really think that Apple hasn't been working on folding screens and that Ive wouldn't be involved?

As an aside, welcome to all of the "Church of First" and "Church of Marketshare" trolls that have joined up. Of course, there isn't generally any advantage to being first with some feature if the implementation is rushed and poorly executed. 

Hence why Apple gets those big disruptions, like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, AirPods, Watch, and Mac Book Air, and Android OS basically becomes a war zone of differentiation for all of the various Android OS OEM's competing in the space for those low ASP product lines. Still, if you want to believe that Apple is copying Android OS device makers, I'm cool with that. Profit is after all, a dish best served cold.
    It is literally impossible for Ive to 'know'.

You can throw all the 'probably's' you want at this but nothing would change the situation.

Ive didn't and doesn't know. That's it.

In fact, Apple has a very long history of hiring in talent for everything it hasn't been able to develop in-house.

I have no doubt that Apple has prototyped hinges for folding screens. It's possible they ran into issues or maybe they didn't. It's possible they ran into other issues or maybe they didn't.

It's irrelevant because what Jony Ive couldn't possibly know was exactly what Samsung had up its sleeve. That is what we are talking about here. It's also true that Samsung probably understands the folding screen issues better than Apple too.

He is guessing.

As I said, it isn't only Ive that is guessing. Everybody is. That's why the phone has to hit the market first. From there, we'll see how durable it is.

Your 'churches' don't exist but market share is key to Apple's success. Moreso as it moves into services.

It's not about 'being first'. That is utterly irrelevant. It's about being 'competitive'.

For the last three years Apple has been overtaken in too many areas. Sales of handsets have flattened and dropped. Handsets remain a core revenue stream and vital pillar of Apple's profitability.

The rumoured iPhone 2019 looks set to break records in hideousness for Apple. I sincerely hope recent renders are way off the mark because, as much as you now say 'looks don't matter' - they do.

• Reply 57 of 64

avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

You can throw all the 'probably's' you want at this but nothing would change the situation.

In fact, Apple has a very long history of hiring in talent for everything it hasn't been able to develop in-house.

I have no doubt that Apple has prototyped hinges for folding screens. It's possible they ran into issues or maybe they didn't. It's possible they ran into other issues or maybe they didn't.

It's irrelevant because what Jony Ive couldn't possibly know was exactly what Samsung had up its sleeve. That is what we are talking about here. It's also true that Samsung probably understands the folding screen issues better than Apple too.

He is guessing.

As I said, it isn't only Ive that is guessing. Everybody is. That's why the phone has to hit the market first. From there, we'll see how durable it is.

Your 'churches' don't exist but market share is key to Apple's success. Moreso as it moves into services.

It's not about 'being first'. That is utterly irrelevant. It's about being 'competitive'.

For the last three years Apple has been overtaken in too many areas. Sales of handsets have flattened and dropped. Handsets remain a core revenue stream and vital pillar of Apple's profitability.

The rumoured iPhone 2019 looks set to break records in hideousness for Apple. I sincerely hope recent renders are way off the mark because, as much as you now say 'looks don't matter' - they do.

As if the best "renders" even in this link are any near close to how they will perceived in real life, but even with that, I'm still laying my marker on the camera array configuration being a significant innovation for bokeh, 3D, AR, and computational imaging. The aesthetics of that bump with those functions won't even be an issue, and I will state unequivocally, that this iPhone will be the standard to which Android OS device makers will converge and copy.

More to the point, I've never seen your "design sense" as relevant in the Apple ecosystem.

Watch the video, and be at least a little educated.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    tmay said:

avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

He is guessing.

As if the best "renders" even in this link are any near close to how they will perceived in real life, but even with that, I'm still laying my marker on the camera array configuration being a significant innovation for bokeh, 3D, AR, and computational imaging. The aesthetics of that bump with those functions won't even be an issue, and I will state unequivocally, that this iPhone will be the standard to which Android OS device makers will converge and copy.

More to the point, I've never seen your "design sense" as relevant in the Apple ecosystem.

3D? AR?

Haven't we been here before with AR Core against Android? 600 million iDevices ready to jump start the AR era!

How many years ago was that? Nothing really came of it and the latest AR has even ticked the iPhone X off the supported list.

There is still a way to go until September. Rather than guessing what Apple will reveal then, you should be asking yourself why you can't use tri cameras NOW on iPhones. After all they appeared on Android devices over a year ago. Night Mode. Ultra wide angle. Dual Video. AIIS. x3/x5 Zoom etc.

You can bet all you want on what - might -appear on the 2019 iPhone but the facts are Apple is way behind the competition - NOW.

And while Apple finally drags itself slowly up to date, rumours say Huawei is about to move the carrot again:

https://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/article/117261-two_lead/This-could-be-our-first-glimpse-of-the-Huawei-Mate-30-or-Mate-30-Pro-circular-camera-setup.jpg
    edited July 2019
  • Reply 59 of 64
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:

avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

He is guessing.

3D? AR?

Haven't we been here before with AR Core against Android? 600 million iDevices ready to jump start the AR era!

How many years ago was that? Nothing really came of it and the latest AR has even ticked the iPhone X off the supported list.

There is still a way to go until September. Rather than guessing what Apple will reveal then, you should be asking yourself why you can't use tri cameras NOW on iPhones. After all they appeared on Android devices over a year ago. Night Mode. Ultra wide angle. Dual Video. AIIS. x3/x5 Zoom etc.

You can bet all you want on what - might -appear on the 2019 iPhone but the facts are Apple is way behind the competition - NOW.

And while Apple finally drags itself slowly up to date, rumours say Huawei is about to move the carrot again:

https://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/article/117261-two_lead/This-could-be-our-first-glimpse-of-the-Huawei-Mate-30-or-Mate-30-Pro-circular-camera-setup.jpg
    So, you didn't watch the video.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 64
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:

avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    matrix077 said:
    LOL

He is guessing.

3D? AR?

So, you didn't watch the video.

No. Sorry. I can't do that due to restrictions. I can when I get home, though.