Law firm already jumping on reports of high RF emissions in iPhone 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Bandwagon.
    Vultures.
    tstump
  • Reply 22 of 30
    We are responsible towards the new generations and we must ensure that mobile phones and wireless technology do not become the next tobacco or asbestos, that is risks known and ignored for decades.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    rolsrols Posts: 68member
    entropys said:
    On a more serious note, if as Apple says the testing flawed, and that it retested its phones and found they were compliant with the regulation, the Chicago Tribune should be sued into oblivion. 
    If there is one thing I despise more than ambulance chasing lawyers, if that is possible, it is click bait chasing activist journalists.
    I doubt you'll even see a retraction. Now it's just headline and move on to the next thing. We still haven't seen a retraction, apology or even another comment on the total trash Bloomberg article about 'the big hack'. It seems that bad reporting now just gets buried quietly. 

As for the lawsuit; pretty unsurprising however, as this article states, the FCC approval does give some protection to the manufacturer as long as they can show they are making devices which conform to the test models. So apart from proving harm which is going to be basically impossible the lawyers would have to get around the FCC as well. I'm sure the FCC will look again at all these devices and if they agree they are conformant, that'll be an end of it .. if however they find Apple hasn't been manufacturing in accordance with the specs of the test devices and fines them .. then it might get messy. I doubt very much this is going to happen.  
    tstump
  • Reply 24 of 30
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I wonder what it's like being a parasite?

To get up every day, and use the college education you worked hard for, to not produce anything, just take it from others for your own greed? To use that the law degree that gave you the ability to help people in need, but instead use it to abuse the system, abuse companies that are helping people, to abuse people, all to line your own pocket? I wonder if the Mercedes they drive feels as nice and is as pleasant to drive as the one owned by, for example a Doctor that actually saved lives. I wonder if the fine meal they eat tastes as good knowing the food came out of the mouths of the victims of their unwarranted legal tricks. I wonder if that expensive luxury house is as nice to come home to as the one owned by someone who actually creates things to help people. 

I wonder what it's like going to sleep knowing you are a parasite.
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 25 of 30

The firm is requesting comment, or questions be directed to their email account designated for the matter. No suit has yet been filed.
    Looks like that email account may go over the hosting service's storage limits. Talk about tempting fate...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    TomE said:
    The testing by the news source is flawed.  They are not trying to duplicate the Apple Laboratory tests.  I suspect my Motorola Flip Phone (Analog) gave off more Radiation than anything else.

I'm with you on the Motorala Flip Phone radiation theory......

this case lacks merit, and any sensible jury will see this. We'll just have to see how sensible the jury in this case will be
  • Reply 27 of 30
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    Arina14 said:
    TomE said:
    The testing by the news source is flawed.  They are not trying to duplicate the Apple Laboratory tests.  I suspect my Motorola Flip Phone (Analog) gave off more Radiation than anything else.

I'm with you on the Motorala Flip Phone radiation theory......

this case lacks merit, and any sensible jury will see this. We'll just have to see how sensible the jury in this case will be
    Before there's a jury there would have to be a lawsuit. There isn't one. 

No case filed, no lawsuit underway, more fishing for interest from owners of iPhone 7's at the moment. All these class-actions are a little surprising to me TBH. It's not non-Apple owners taking part in this stuff, and so "fans" have no one else to blame but other Apple "fans". 

If Apple users want to attack their own just to get a chance at a little teeny reward, well... whatever. :/
    edited August 2019
  • Reply 28 of 30
    "This could be the Chernobyl of the cell phone industry, cover-up and all." Best PR lawyer speak this year. Poetry
    FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 29 of 30
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    DAalseth said:

To get up every day, and use the college education you worked hard for, to not produce anything, just take it from others for your own greed? To use that the law degree that gave you the ability to help people in need, but instead use it to abuse the system, abuse companies that are helping people, to abuse people, all to line your own pocket? I wonder if the Mercedes they drive feels as nice and is as pleasant to drive as the one owned by, for example a Doctor that actually saved lives. I wonder if the fine meal they eat tastes as good knowing the food came out of the mouths of the victims of their unwarranted legal tricks. I wonder if that expensive luxury house is as nice to come home to as the one owned by someone who actually creates things to help people. 

Not everyone is born with a moral consciousness or raised in a culture supporting that.
    So the answer is that they will sleep just fine and probably have a long and happy life.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 30 of 30
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    knowitall said:
    DAalseth said:

Not everyone is born with a moral consciousness or raised in a culture supporting that.
    So the answer is that they will sleep just fine and probably have a long and happy life.
    Sadly I agree. A tape worm thinks its doing a good job.