New iPhone 11 Pro delivery times already starting to slip

Posted:
in iPhone
Certain models and colors of the iPhone 11 Pro are already selling out and Apple's estimated delivery times are being pushed further back into October.

Apple's iPhone 11 Pro delivery dates are slipping back
Apple's iPhone 11 Pro delivery dates are slipping back

Within 45 minutes of pre-orders being made available, the new iPhone range was already beginning to sell out. Certain colors and capacities of the iPhone 11 Pro, in particular, were the first to see their estimated delivery dates slip from September 20 into October.

Apple's online store is offering the new phones in a total of 38 different varieties, ranging from colors to storage capacities and either unlocked or with particular carriers.

The first variety to see delivery dates slip to between October 4 and October 11 were the 256GB iPhone 11 Pro in Space Gray and Midnight Green.

Then iPhones that are locked to any of the supported US Carriers, such as AT&T, appear to be selling faster than unlocked ones.

Currently models in gold seem to still be available for September 20
Currently models in gold seem to still be available for September 20

While the situation is of course continually changing, it appears that if you want to get your iPhone 11 Pro on its September 20 release date, the best color to pick is gold. Currently you can get any capacity iPhone 11 Pro, locked or unlocked, on September 20 if it's gold.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    gregtxgregtx Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    Your article states, "Within 45 minutes of pre-orders being made available, the new iPhone range was already beginning to sell out."

The timestamp on my order is 7:10 a.m. CDT (actually less than 10 minutes before I could actually place an order on Apple.com; site was saying final updates were in progress). I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro, Space Gray, 256 MB, and the delivery window is October 1 - October 4. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 33
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    I got in at 5:04 am and my delivery date was already Oct 1 but my pickup date in Sept 20, so I’ll go and get mine. Of course the clear case isn’t going to be ready for pickup until Oct 1, go figure. I also ordered my Otterbox Strata case this morning and they list an Oct 1 date. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 33
    59DVL59DVL Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    rob53 said:
    I got in at 5:04 am and my delivery date was already Oct 1 but my pickup date in Sept 20, so I’ll go and get mine. Of course the clear case isn’t going to be ready for pickup until Oct 1, go figure. I also ordered my Otterbox Strata case this morning and they list an Oct 1 date. 
    Sweet story bro👍🏻
    pulseimagesAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 33
    gregtxgregtx Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    rob53 said:
    Oddly enough my clear case is scheduled to arrive on September 18. Like you said, go figure.

AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 33
    After buying a half-dozen iPhones over the last decade, I just can't get excited about them anymore. My home is brimming with Apple products and I haven't even watched the latest keynote yet. I think I'm burned out...or getting older...or getting wiser...or a combination thereof. :smile:
    dougdkstinnettITGUYINSDmuthuk_vanalingambluefire1chemengin1Carnage
  • Reply 6 of 33
    I was initially going to pounce on an 11 pro due to the three camera setup, but now I'm inclined to wait until 'Deep Fusion' comes out to see what that does to the difference between photos taken with the 11 and the 11pro. 

Apple clearly has the hardware to blow google out of the water in computational photography, but it remains to be seen if they can match them on the software side. If Apple can do something analogous to what Google does to achieve a digital zoom far better than just a crop, then the telephoto in the Pro might not add much value. 

Basically, google mimics what the human eye does to provide digital zoom -- they jiggle the lens to take multiple pictures from ever so slightly different angles, then combine the pictures to get a photo with effectively higher resolution than any single shot, and then they crop that effectively higher resolution picture for the zoom -- it's very effective. Apple should do that, and if they do, then I don't need the Pro. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 33
    gregtx said:
    rob53 said:
    Oddly enough my clear case is scheduled to arrive on September 18. Like you said, go figure.

I procrastinated with ordering the clear case and now it's going to arrive September 25. Had I ordered it yesterday, I would have received it today. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 33
    gregtx said:
    rob53 said:

Got mine yesterday. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 33
    At 5:20 I was able to get an 11 for the 20th, but Pro not until at least 10/4. Forgot to set alarm. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 33
    zroger73 said:
    After buying a half-dozen iPhones over the last decade, I just can't get excited about them anymore. My home is brimming with Apple products and I haven't even watched the latest keynote yet. I think I'm burned out...or getting older...or getting wiser...or a combination thereof. :smile:
    Sounds like you need a second house!
    Soliridyratneil andersonzroger73AppleExposedCarnagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 33
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    zroger73 said:
    I am older, still watch every keynote and still am as excited about new Apple products now as when I bought my first one (for work) back in 1989. The only thing I'm burned out about is all the guessing about new products and the obvious breaching of product security by Apple employees and suppliers. It used to be news when Apple products were released, now everyone already knows what's coming out and some of the excitement is gone. People just can't keep their mouths shut but of course someone is willing to pay for this product news no matter how it was received.
    robin hubermuthuk_vanalingamridyratneil andersonAppleExposedStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 33
    Ordered the iPhone 11 Pro Max, 256, in Green. AT&T receipt says delivers September 19th? Cool if I get it early, but I need to know what day to take off of work. I know from years past, that Fedex and UPS have an embargo on when they can deliver the devices, so, I should go with my gut feeling, and knowledge, but people have also gotten devices early, in the past. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 33
    zroger73 said:
    Hehehehe, same here so I'm just having my fingers do everything now.....
  • Reply 14 of 33
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I really think these new iPhones are going to be a big hit. I know my wife and I are ready to trade in our iPhone 8s for either the iPhone 11 or 11 Pro. 
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 33
    I was on my phone at 5am PDT doing the final part of my order - I'd done the pre-auth financing and trade last night.   When it allowed me in, it kept saying that the "trade in" system was unavailable.   Burned up about 5 minutes on that error and by the time I was able to submit, my delivery date was Sept 27-Oct 1.   My wife did hers without delay at 5am.  We were sitting next to each other and did the same pre-auth the night before.  She's getting hers on the 20th.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 33
    For the first time since 2007, and as one who purchases a new iPhone annually, I’m passing on buying any of the new models. The updated camera, supposed increased battery life and average spec bumps just wasn’t enough to entice me. Looking forward to the 2020 models which will be redesigned, have 5G and a host of other desirable features. 
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Ordered 11promax at 6am and pickup store on the 20th, but my son’s 11pro wont be available till Oct 16.....i think the 11pro are well picked than the max
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 33
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    Apple kept dunning me to update from my iPhone XS 256 . I'm on the yearly update schedule but tentatively decided I didn't need to upgrade this time.

Got other dunning letter again this morning.

Okay, let's see what they're offering.

Using the iPhone XS, I went through their upgrade ordering process. Apple said upgrade to the comparable iPhone 11 Pro 256GB Gold AT&T detecting I will be returning the XS. I pay monthly on the XS to Citizen's One now and to my shock, except for the immediate outlay of sales tax, I'll be paying $21 LESS per month to upgrade to the iPhone 11 Pro. Actually about $22 less because I get about $1 (3%) back for using the Apple Card to pay Citizen's One on the interest free loan.

I don't need a horse's head in my bed accept a deal I can't refuse. 

I pick up my new phone at Sept 20 at 12:30 at the local Apple store.
    edited September 2019 neil andersonAppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 33
    Pre-Pre ordered a Midnight Green 11 Pro for my wife, and a Space Gray 11 Pro Max with the Apple Upgrade Program last night (I've been buying outright, but decided to do this for a change). Opened the Apple Store app at 5. Got in about a minute and a half later. The Pre-Pre order popped up all ready to go. Confirmed, making it now a Pre-order by 5:02 AM for delivery on the 20th.

Smoothest iPhone purchase ever, unless you consider my purchase two years ago through Verizon, when they "accidentally" started selling them 15 minutes early. I got ours ten minutes before 3 AM and enjoyed watching all the pissed people on Twitter who couldn't get through to Apple's site for an hour or more.
    edited September 2019 AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 33
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,415member
    Apple is doomed!
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra