Apple debuts $249 AirPods Pro with active noise cancellation

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    potatoman said:
    I bet the colours are coming as a refresh to the original, ‘cheaper’ AirPods. They are rumoured to be refreshed too, and Apple have a history of selling the cheaper products in the line up in different colours (iPod mini/nano/shuffle, iPhone 5C/XR/11). It allows the more expensive model to be marketed as premium, while the cheaper product appeals to its own market. In this case, they could get a second (or third) breath of life out of the original AirPods.

Seriously though, if they offered the classic AirPods in the iPhone XR and 11 colours, just before the holiday season, they would sell LIKE CRAZY.

Apple refreshed the "regular" AirPods earlier this year (announced in March).  It included the H1 chip that allows "Hey Siri", a very slight design change and material change, and shipped with the wireless charging case option.  These of course are only available in white.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 42 of 88
    Am I losing my mind or was this article updated to remove the link the actual, official Apple.com page for this product?  Not super convenient.
  • Reply 43 of 88
    Has anyone mentioned the free engraving if you buy directly from Apple?  I don't remember seeing that for an Apple product since the early iPods.  Nice touch.
    lolliver
  • Reply 44 of 88
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,046member
    netling said:
    Not for NYC to LA, or international flights... you would have to take the charger and charge them mid-flight... Sony, Bose and Plantronics wins in that ball park. 
    Uh guy? That’s how you carry them, in the charging case. Do you pee? Ready to go by the time you get up, get to the head, wait in line, pee, get back to to your seat and buckled in.
    GeorgeBMacGG1lolliver
  • Reply 45 of 88
    I'm getting so tired of Apple's "hip" product commercials. They feel like Apple is trying too hard to be cool. That video did nothing for me, and just felt like one made by one of their competitors.

Apple, get back to your roots. Don't try too hard to be cool. If they truly are "Pro" ear buds, show us that. Show us them being used in professional environments.
    You should know by now that on Apple marketing parlance “pro” usually means “premium”. These consumer buds are not replacing studio monitors. 
    GeorgeBMaclolliver
  • Reply 46 of 88
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,301member
    lkrupp said:
    Ummm COLORS?!
    Not mentioned on Apple’s website. If you click the Buy button there are no colors to choose from. So it would appear they are available only in white.
    That’s so boring and tired. Not everyone likes or wants white. 
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 47 of 88
    TRAGTRAG Posts: 55member
    Has anyone mentioned the free engraving if you buy directly from Apple?  I don't remember seeing that for an Apple product since the early iPods.  Nice touch.
    I got my iPad Air 3 engraved earlier this year when ordered directly from Apple. Don't quote me but I think you can get it on AirPods (non-Pro) too.
  • Reply 48 of 88
    lostkiwi said:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to keep two sets of headphones connected the the same phone?  
    So, if you already had a gen 2 set, but also bought a gen 3 set, could you listen to music with the gen 2 set, put them back into the case and 5 minutes later crack open the gen 3s?
    You can do this now with multiple pairs of APs.
  • Reply 49 of 88
    You know all these people complaining about the lack of colors but honestly if you search Amazon for AirPod skins you will find a boat load of cool skins for your Airpods.  It will only be a matter of time before they are available for these Pro models.  I've never used them myself but if the pictures are any indications...they will make your Airpod look amazing.  They are not even all that expensive.

Yea, White is fine with me.  If I want to change it up for whatever reason, options exist.  Perhaps Apple knows this.  Why bother having someone spend $250.00 on something and then later regret they don't like the color and wish they had another one.  So much better to use replaceable skins instead.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Airpod+Skins&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

AppleExposedgregoriusmStrangeDayslolliver
  • Reply 50 of 88

I think I will put my Phone Number engraved on it.  If it gets lost or misplaced...then someone has a way to contact me.  Maybe this is a good idea or maybe it is not...but seems like a good thing for me to do.  Yes, a nice touch I agree.

Thanks,
    AppleExposedGeorgeBMaclolliver
  • Reply 51 of 88
    kuraikurai Posts: 16unconfirmed, member

There is free engraving on these, but it will add a couple extra days to the delivery.  Without engraving, the AirPod Pro will deliver on Oct 30th.  With engraving they deliver the 5th - 7th, or expedited to the 1st - 5th for an additional $8.

I engraved my last pair, but that is going to make passing them down to my kids a bit tedious.  Suppose the engraving can be covered by a sticker or case.
  • Reply 52 of 88
    anomeanome Posts: 1,544member
    Having only just dropped A$319 on the AirPods 2 earlier this year (when they launched) I'm hesitant to buy these ones, but the active noise cancelling is something I've been after. Plus I have to wait and see what else is coming later this year. You know, like MacBooks, etc.
  • Reply 53 of 88
    Already puchased... :smile: 
    AppleExposedGeorgeBMacGG1lolliver
  • Reply 54 of 88
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    ""AirPods are the best-selling headphones in the world. "

Man I wish we had an October event.

I'm getting so tired of Apple's "hip" product commercials. They feel like Apple is trying too hard to be cool. That video did nothing for me, and just felt like one made by one of their competitors.

Apple, get back to your roots. Don't try too hard to be cool. If they truly are "Pro" ear buds, show us that. Show us them being used in professional environments.

I mean "pro" itself after "AirPods" is a stretch. They act like people are gonna use these for sound design, audio recording monitoring and movie production. Not sure what commercial you expected?

sergioz said:
    So I have question about transparency mode, what does that mean for deaf people? Can outside sound be amplified also to help hear 👂 better? 

Exactly what I've been thinking. AirPods have so much potential from replacing hearing aids, being used for security, news reporters etc. etc.
    sergioz
  • Reply 55 of 88
    TRAGTRAG Posts: 55member
    Already puchased... :smile: 
    Ditto, and I got them engraved!
    AppleExposedGG1lolliver
  • Reply 56 of 88
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Finally an AirPod that my actually work with my ears... looking forward to them !!!
    ... and i love the design much better than the previous ones ! 
    lolliver
  • Reply 57 of 88
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,452member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    Yeah, I didn't look closely at the article thumbnail and thought I saw black buds. I'm definitely not the only sucker who would drop an extra hundred for black.
    You can already do that. Sure they’ll add the Pros ASAP. 

edited October 2019
  • Reply 58 of 88
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,448member
    Am I losing my mind or was this article updated to remove the link the actual, official Apple.com page for this product?  Not super convenient.
    Maybe because the official  webpage should never have been made public.
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 59 of 88
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member

Apple does this for products bought directly from their online store. The old AirPods had the option and I believe iPhones do too.
  • Reply 60 of 88
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,452member
    sergioz said:
    So I have question about transparency mode, what does that mean for deaf people? Can outside sound be amplified also to help hear 👂 better? 
    There’s ready an assistive hearing function on the current AirPods using the mics on your iPhone. I’d be surprised if they didn’t extend this further with the built in mics if it’s possible. 
    sergioz