Apple decision to skip congressional hearing on China draws swift rebuke

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    Just more political theatre to distract the commoners. Get used to it. It’s only going to get worse.
    GeorgeBMacsarthos
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Oh, I get it! The Trump administration is waging a tariff "war" with China in order to prevent American companies from doing business in China. Clear as mud. 
  • Reply 23 of 28
    This guy is joke, no substance or coherence in any of his arguments, just want to fulfil his wet power dream of interrogating Tim Cook.
    sarthos
  • Reply 24 of 28
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Wow Apple so many lawyers here and I bet you all work pro bono. Apple is in a tight spot, it produces a vast amount of its hardware in China which is also a large market place. China has been what it is for a very long time and any US company doing business there knows that going in. If the US gov demanded iCould servers were accessible without a warrant I think there would more outrage here, but you folk don't care about the citizens of China getting screwed over with Apple's help. 
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Oh, I get it! The Trump administration is waging a tariff "war" with China in order to prevent American companies from doing business in China. Clear as mud. 
    This particular instance is about a rep trying to make a name and get in front of the media. That’s really what most hearings come down to anyway. Little of substance comes from them.
    sarthos
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Unlike Congresspersons, most of us (including Apple employees) have real jobs and can't just jump every time someone in Congress has some whacky idea.
    hammeroftruth
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Yawn! Stupid politics there in DC.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    ... hopefully there will be a reasonable explanation...
    Nope, just the middle finger.