iOS 13.2.3, iPadOS 13.2.3 released to fix Mail and background app issues

Posted:
in iOS edited December 2019
Apple has released iOS 13.2.3 and iPadOS 13.2.3 to the public, with the update making performance improvements and fixing bugs in the mobile operating systems, including some relating to the Mail app.

Arriving just 11 days after Apple issued iOS 13.2.2 and iPadOS 13.2.2, the update for iOS and iPadOS 13.2.3 is now available to download on iPhone and iPad respectively. The update can be applied within the Settings app, by selecting General, Software Update, then selecting to install the update once it is available for the device.

The granular version number update indicates the release is relatively minor with no real feature changes or additions, which the accompanying release notes confirm as "bug fixes and improvements."

The update fixes an issue where system search and the search systems of Mail, Files, and Notes may not work. Issues in Mail that can prevent the app from fetching new messages have also been resolved, as well as those where the app fails to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts.

An issue where photographs, links, and other attachments may not display correctly in the Messages details view has also been corrected, while another issue that prevents apps from downloading content in the background has been rectified.

Apple is currently beta-testing iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3, and is currently on its second round of beta builds for the releases. Changes found so far include an updated Apple Watch app icon, the ability to disable Memoji on the keyboard, a communications category within Screen Time, and the fix to a major bug that effectively prevented multitasking in some cases by killing background processes and causing users to lose work.

jahblade

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    Apple has put its update machine on full auto.
    jahbladealdolinilostkiwi
  • Reply 2 of 44
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    I don’t trust a single iOS 13 release at this point. Too many serious regressions. I’m staying on iOS 12.x until it seems like Apple have gotten this thing properly finished... which may never happen; I’ve given up hope that Apple will get back to their prior excellence.

I actually expect that they’re already busy with iOS 14, which will quickly take full priority, and further iOS 13 work will be abandoned to focus on the next major version they want to use to sell more phones to people that already have phones (which itself will introduce more regressions in the pursuit of adding “features”).

I also expect that iOS 14 won’t support the iPhone 6s that I have, which means the last update possible for my phone will be this mess of regressions called iOS 13, which means I’ll stick with iOS 12.x, never have dark mode (which is the ONLY thing I want in iOS 13), and which also means that I’ll be abandoned by app developers earlier than if I updated to iOS 13.

I am sick of this cycle. It’s too short and none of the bugs I find and report are ever fixed.
    aldoliniPIGAMImuthuk_vanalingamtomjunior39
  • Reply 3 of 44
    ajl said:
    dysamoria said:
    [...] I’m staying on iOS 12.x until it seems like Apple have gotten this thing properly finished [...]

[...]none of the bugs I find and report are ever fixed.
    Sir, which bugs of iOS 13 do you report since you are staying on iOS 12?
    FLU bug maybe,....(no response)
  • Reply 4 of 44
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,258member
    dysamoria said:
    I don’t trust a single iOS 13 release at this point. Too many serious regressions. I’m staying on iOS 12.x until it seems like Apple have gotten this thing properly finished... which may never happen; I’ve given up hope that Apple will get back to their prior excellence.

I actually expect that they’re already busy with iOS 14, which will quickly take full priority, and further iOS 13 work will be abandoned to focus on the next major version they want to use to sell more phones to people that already have phones (which itself will introduce more regressions in the pursuit of adding “features”).

I also expect that iOS 14 won’t support the iPhone 6s that I have, which means the last update possible for my phone will be this mess of regressions called iOS 13, which means I’ll stick with iOS 12.x, never have dark mode (which is the ONLY thing I want in iOS 13), and which also means that I’ll be abandoned by app developers earlier than if I updated to iOS 13.

I am sick of this cycle. It’s too short and none of the bugs I find and report are ever fixed.
    No problems here, 13 has been working great for me. 
    lenny491JinTechStrangeDaysn2itivguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 44
    13.2.2 on my iPhone 7 has been a total car crash for Mail.  Freezing, blank mailboxes, empty messages non stop since upgrading from the previous 13.x which seemed fine. 
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 6 of 44
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    dysamoria said:

Then you need to leave the platform, seriously. With that kind of attitude you become a pathetic hypocrite if you stay. But I suspect, like the other disgruntled, now haters, you will stay around to bitch, whine, and complain, predicting doom any day now. Is that what you want to become now, a hypocrite who lingers around a platform you have no faith in anymore? Tell us, please.
    edited November 2019 StrangeDaysn2itivguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 44
    Hope it fixes a mail bug that I have had since upgrading to iOS 13.x. I have my mail set to Fetch, but every time at like 1:30AM, I get an email "ding" that wakes me up. Very annoying.....Can't turn "Do not Disturb" on due to work.....
    edited November 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 44
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I’ve had no problems with 13. As far as I’m concerned it works great. That said, if they want to push out an update, a tweak, a patch, a bug fix, a new version, once every couple of weeks, I’m ok with it. It means they are paying attention and jumping on things fast. I have no problem with it.
    edited November 2019 fastasleepshark5150caladanianStrangeDaysalexonlinen2itivguyMisterKitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 44
    I just hope iPadOS 14 is as stable as iOS 12 was.  If it is, I’m staying there on my iPP 10.5.  
  • Reply 10 of 44
    A 74MB patch that requires 1.12GB of space for the upgrade. Hmmm... That's the part that I don't care for.
  • Reply 11 of 44
    dysamoria said:

Sounds like you tried iOS 13 and it wasn’t working so you reported the issues and went back to iOS 12 to wait for those issues to be fixed. But if you don’t try iOS 13 again, how will you know they’ve been addressed? 

BTW, dark mode is pretty nice. You’ll like it if you get a release of 13 you’re comfortable with. 
    applesnorangeswatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 44
    dysamoria said:

Oh, woe is you. Nothing Apple will ever do will bring you happiness. Maybe you should stop using technology if it makes you so miserable. 

iOS 13 works fine. I’ve experienced a couple minor bugs in early versions, but nothing serious, and they’ve been fixed along the way. The major improvements to iOS 13 across the board far, FAR, outweigh any bugs I’ve encountered thus far. 
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 44

Hope it fixes a mail bug that I have had since upgrading to iOS 13.x. I have my mail set to Fetch, but every time at like 1:30AM, I get an email "ding" that wakes me up. Very annoying.....Can't turn "Do not Disturb" on due to work.....
    You have notifications and sound on and DND off because you need alerts from mail all night, and you’re upset because its doing that? Are you not getting a mail when the ding happens? I’m confused. 
    StrangeDaysn2itivguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 44
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    And HALLELUJAH!!  Mail now works without a 15 second wait for mailboxes to load! A massive step backwards and the same step forwards feels like a major improvement  :#
  • Reply 15 of 44
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Very annoying! Every time there’s an update, countless warning pops up telling me my Apple ID is being used on a new device. 
  • Reply 16 of 44
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,024member
    hexclock said:
    dysamoria said:

No problems here, 13 has been working great for me. 
    Same.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 44
    Working fine here, guys, not sure what I’m doing wrong??
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 44
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,124member
    dysamoria said:

That’s over the top melodramatic. Hundreds of millions of people use iOS 13 every day, and so far no deaths have been attributed to any bugs in iOS 13. 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 44

You have notifications and sound on and DND off because you need alerts from mail all night, and you’re upset because its doing that? Are you not getting a mail when the ding happens? I’m confused. 
    I think his point was that Fetch is set to Manual but it's still fetching automatically and he has sound on for work texts or calls.
    MustSeeUHDTVwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 44
    flydog said:
    dysamoria said:

That’s over the top melodramatic. Hundreds of millions of people use iOS 13 every day, and so far no deaths have been attributed to any bugs in iOS 13. 
    According to him, iOS 7 is where it turned into the equivalent of Nazi Germany and he's still fighting the war.
    right_said_fredwatto_cobra