You can now engrave your AirPods case with emojis

Posted:
in General Discussion
If you're looking for a new way to customize your upcoming AirPods or AirPods Pro case with a small selection of Emoji, Apple has you covered.

Engraved case


Apple is now allowing users to customize their AirPods and AirPods Pro case with a single emoji engraving.

The announcement came via a banner ad on Apple's main page, along with the text "New personal engraving options, from A to emoji."

While you still can't personalize them with every emoji, Apple has provided buyers with a list of 31 different emojis to choose from. Some of the included are a heart, star, unicorn, skull, cat, dog, fist, and thumbs up.

emoji choices


When purchasing AirPods or AirPods Pro via the online Apple Store, selecting "Customize it for free" will bring up the option to engrave the product. There, a user can choose to engrave the case with either text or an emoji, but not both. Currently, it is not possible to engrave other devices, such as an iPhone or an iPad, with emojis.

The engraving is the same laser engraving that is done when personalizing a case with text. Engraving a product may take longer to ship to users, and any engraved device cannot be returned for a refund.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 16
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,634member
    Other online “news” sources are including the poop emoji as an option. The headline reads you can now engrave your AirPods with the poop emoji. Sounds like this is fake news. Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji like the one those military cadets were accused of flashing? What say you, Tim? /s


    Update! YES, you CAN get your AirPods engraved with the poop emoji. Now that’s high class!
    edited January 2020 ArcaSwisswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 16
    entropysentropys Posts: 3,200member
    Why not Animoji’s?
  • Reply 3 of 16
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,245member
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it 👌🏻
  • Reply 4 of 16
    AF_HittAF_Hitt Posts: 127member
    hentaiboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it 👌🏻
    I’ve seen this around a lot too. When did the a-okay sign become a white supremacist thing?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 16
    AF_Hitt said:
    hentaiboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it ߑ찟ﻦlt;/div>
    I’ve seen this around a lot too. When did the a-okay sign become a white supremacist thing?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/ok-sign-white-power.html

    from above article

    It started in early 2017 as a hoax. Some users of 4chan, an anonymous and unrestricted online message board, began what they called “Operation O-KKK,” to see if they could trick the wider world — and especially liberals and the mainstream media — into believing that the innocuous gesture was actually a clandestine symbol of white power

    “We must flood twitter and other social media websites with spam, claiming that the OK hand signal is a symbol of white supremacy,” one of the users posted, going on to suggest that everyone involved create fake social media accounts “with basic white girl names” to propagate the notion as widely as possible.

    The 4chan hoax succeeded all too well, and ceased being a hoax: Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists began using the gesture in public to signal their presence and to spot potential sympathizers and recruits. For them, the letters formed by the hand were not O and K, but W and P, for “white power.”

    edited January 2020 ronn
  • Reply 6 of 16
    mobirdmobird Posts: 661member
    Well this is another way to reduce the value if considering resale in the future... :/
    edited January 2020 watto_cobralkrupp
  • Reply 7 of 16
    mobird said:
    Well this is another way to reduce the value if considering resale in the future... :/
    This came up a bit as a complaint on Mac rumors. I don’t get it. How big is the resale market for used air pods? I can’t imagine many people wanting something that has spent so much time in someone else’s ear. 
  • Reply 8 of 16
    entropysentropys Posts: 3,200member
    dinkydogs said:
    AF_Hitt said:
    hentaiboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it ߑ찟ﻦlt;/div>
    I’ve seen this around a lot too. When did the a-okay sign become a white supremacist thing?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/ok-sign-white-power.html

    from above article

    It started in early 2017 as a hoax. Some users of 4chan, an anonymous and unrestricted online message board, began what they called “Operation O-KKK,” to see if they could trick the wider world — and especially liberals and the mainstream media — into believing that the innocuous gesture was actually a clandestine symbol of white power

    “We must flood twitter and other social media websites with spam, claiming that the OK hand signal is a symbol of white supremacy,” one of the users posted, going on to suggest that everyone involved create fake social media accounts “with basic white girl names” to propagate the notion as widely as possible.

    The 4chan hoax succeeded all too well, and ceased being a hoax: Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists began using the gesture in public to signal their presence and to spot potential sympathizers and recruits. For them, the letters formed by the hand were not O and K, but W and P, for “white power.”

     Victory for the 4chan kiddies enabled by the absurdity of victimology.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    entropys said:
    dinkydogs said:
    AF_Hitt said:
    hentaiboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it ߑ찟ﻦlt;/div>
    I’ve seen this around a lot too. When did the a-okay sign become a white supremacist thing?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/ok-sign-white-power.html

    from above article

    It started in early 2017 as a hoax. Some users of 4chan, an anonymous and unrestricted online message board, began what they called “Operation O-KKK,” to see if they could trick the wider world — and especially liberals and the mainstream media — into believing that the innocuous gesture was actually a clandestine symbol of white power

    “We must flood twitter and other social media websites with spam, claiming that the OK hand signal is a symbol of white supremacy,” one of the users posted, going on to suggest that everyone involved create fake social media accounts “with basic white girl names” to propagate the notion as widely as possible.

    The 4chan hoax succeeded all too well, and ceased being a hoax: Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists began using the gesture in public to signal their presence and to spot potential sympathizers and recruits. For them, the letters formed by the hand were not O and K, but W and P, for “white power.”

     Victory for the 4chan kiddies enabled by the absurdity of victimology.
    Pretty sure it was the nazis and tiki-torch dumbasses that enabled it. 
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobraappleric
  • Reply 10 of 16
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,062member
    Decrying the misappropriation of the OK sign just ads to the notoriety. And the whole thing reminds of the supposed practice of SoCal gang initiations that required prospects to drive with their headlights out at night. When someone else flashed On/Off their headlights to alert them the prospects would shoot and kill them. Urban myth.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    hentaiboy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Oh, and how long till we get a white supremacist emoji
    Apparently this is it 👌🏻
    I thought that was a shadow rabbit...  I guess I should stop flashing it all over the place.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,634member
    macgui said:
    Decrying the misappropriation of the OK sign just ads to the notoriety. And the whole thing reminds of the supposed practice of SoCal gang initiations that required prospects to drive with their headlights out at night. When someone else flashed On/Off their headlights to alert them the prospects would shoot and kill them. Urban myth.

    This reminds me of the poor soul who was forced to resign his position because he used the word “niggardly” in a speech. He was pilloried in the press and by the hate speech monitors. Turns out, though, the word is of Scandinavian origin and means “stingy” or “miserly” and has no racial component to it. When alerted to this fact the media ignored it. Stupid people had jumped on this because the word sounded like something else. I wonder what ever happened to that young man. Is he in a reeducation camp somewhere? And by the way, the man who lost his job is a Gay activist
    edited January 2020 randominternetperson
  • Reply 13 of 16
    I've always thought the fact that you can get some Apple products engraved is kind of neat. In 2005 I got a 30gb 5th gen iPod for Christmas with my name engraved on it. The HDD died in it a few months later so I got a replacement from the Apple store, sans engraving obviously. A few years later I got a 3rd gen 32gb touch again with my name engraved on it. At the time I wasn't thinking of reselling it but then I got an iPhone, so sold the touch for a little less because of the engraving.

    I got "AwesomePods" put on my Air Pods Pro case because I figure I'll have them for a long time. By the time something comes out to upgrade to, they won't be worth selling, so why not have fun with it. ?
  • Reply 14 of 16
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,350member
    You can now engrave your AirPods case with an emoji

    An emoji.

    A single emoji.

    One.


    edited January 2020
  • Reply 15 of 16
    macgui said:
    Decrying the misappropriation of the OK sign just ads to the notoriety. And the whole thing reminds of the supposed practice of SoCal gang initiations that required prospects to drive with their headlights out at night. When someone else flashed On/Off their headlights to alert them the prospects would shoot and kill them. Urban myth.
    Whether it adds to the notoriety or not doesn’t really matter. People should be aware that racists are using this symbol. It’s not a myth and don’t blame the messenger. Blame the frogs over on 4chan. The German nazis stole a bunch of their symbols from peaceful ideas too they just didn’t have a bunch of trolls yelling “it’s just a prank, bro!” beforehand. 
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Oooh I miss Angela so.
    It was Angela who brought the essence of pride & possession upon is.
    edited January 2020
Sign In or Register to comment.