Updated Powerbeats Pro expected to be released soon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2020
Apple's newly revamped Powerbeats Pro headphones have passed technical certification in multiple countries, a final requirement ahead of being launched.

Apple's current Powerbeats Pro
Apple's current Powerbeats Pro

Apple is expected to launch an updated replacement for its $249.95 Powerbeats Pro wireless headphones shortly. The as-yet unannounced devices have passed both the FCC on April 15 and now Malaysia's similar SIRIM (Standard and Industrial Research Unit of Malaysia) body.

According to MySmartPrice, a listing on the SIRIM database confirms that two earphone models, A2453 and A2454, have been approved. These are believed to equate to the left and right earbuds respectively.

The listings refer to what they describe as "wireless earphone (hybrid wearable)," and add only that they are Bluetooth devices from Apple. It's believed that these are Powerbeats Pro devices, though, as the previous edition had model numbers of A2047, A2048, and A2078 for the left and right earpieces, and the case.

Gaining regulatory approval such as this is a requirement before a device can be released, but there is no mandate for Apple to launch within a certain timeframe -- or at all. Apple could always choose to delay launching, but it's unlikely to to hold on to a device that is ready for public sale.

Powerbeats Pro are similar to AirPods Pro, Apple's other wireless headphones, but are presented as more of a sports accessory. They come with an hook to loop the earbuds over the user's ear to keep them in place during exercise.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Didn’t they just have an update last fall? I thought they were updated the same time the AirPod Pros came out. I admit I can’t keep up with all the Beats models.
    lolliver
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    razorpit said:
    Didn’t they just have an update last fall?

Doesn't seem that long ago, no. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 3 of 12
    This news will be great to learn about! I love my Powerbeats Pro IEMs. They sound excellent for not being a total lossless solution. They way they fit, I can wear them anywhere, walking the dog, doing yard work, washing the car....Can't wait to find out about the new model!
    lolliverminicoffee
  • Reply 4 of 12
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    It’s just great for sports and in the gym.... sounds supreme too. The new one to be released probably have active noise control much like the New airpods pro
    SnickersMagoominicoffee
  • Reply 5 of 12
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    I hope that the next generation will pause and disconnect when the earphones are taken out. It is really annoying that one cannot talk on the iPhone when the Powerbeats are lying on the table. 
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Well, I just bought a pair a month ago...wish the update had come out before then, but I love the ones I have.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    sergiozsergioz Posts: 338member
    Noise isolation please! Not to confuse with noise cancellation which most likely the reason for update. 
  • Reply 8 of 12
    sergioz said:
    Noise isolation please! Not to confuse with noise cancellation which most likely the reason for update. 
    I feel a bit too noise isolated, but love em anyways. Wear them all the time, hard not to fall asleep in them. 
  • Reply 9 of 12
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    sergioz said:
    No thanks.
    I wear mine out walking and such. It is important to be able to hear the outside world.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    davgreg said:
    sergioz said:
    No thanks.
    I wear mine out walking and such. It is important to be able to hear the outside world.

Not for a married man.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    aknabiaknabi Posts: 211member
    I've had the since day one... they're great *EXCEPT* for:

1) Almost 50% of the time one of the sides won't pair/connect after removal from the case... have to put them back in, close lid, open and put them back on. I've been hoping for a fix on this given they use the same chip as the AirPods (which are rock solid)

2) Many times when putting them back in the case you they may not charge... then on next use you see that one side has drained. Hopefully the seating mechanism has been made more robust.

In general I feel like the AirPods team gets the best and brightest, where as Beats seems to get less APPL love... but no evidence to back that up, just a hunch from experience with both brands in use.
    minicoffee
  • Reply 12 of 12
    aknabiaknabi Posts: 211member
    I've had the PbP since day one... they're great (especially for 20km runs where you need them to stay solid in your sweaty ears) *EXCEPT* for:

1) Almost 50% of the time one of the sides won't pair/connect after removal from the case... have to put them back in, close lid, open and put them back on. I've been hoping for a fix on this given they use the same chip as the AirPods (which are rock solid)

2) Many times when putting them back in the case you they may not charge... then on next use you see that one side has drained. Hopefully the seating mechanism has been made more robust.

In general I feel like the AirPods team gets the best and brightest, where as Beats seems to get less APPL love... but no evidence to back that up, just a hunch from experience with both brands in use.
    edited April 2020