Apple releases third betas of iOS 14, iPadOS 14 to public testers

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Thursday released the third beta versions of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 to members of its public software testing program.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The third public beta builds can be downloaded up from the Apple Beta Software Program website to those signed up to take part in the program. The public versions usually follow a short time after their developer beta counterparts, and the latest round comes two days after their developer counterparts.

The iOS and iPadOS 14 betas make major updates to the Home screen and app interface, refreshes Messages and Safari, makes major changes to Siri's interface, adds features to Maps, includes Sound Recognition alerts, and introduces of CarKey, among other changes.

Apple has yet to release third public beta builds of watchOS 7, tvOS 14 or macOS Big Sur.

AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    EmptyBurgerEmptyBurger Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    Weather widget is gone in public beta 3. Anyone else seeing (i.e. not seeing) this too?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jebcojebco Posts: 4member
    After the update, the weather widget was "black". I long clicked it and it opened the Apple weather app. Going back to the widgets page the weather widget re-appeared.
    llama
  • Reply 3 of 9
    The installation stalled on the Apple logo for me. I left it sitting for half an hour with no change. Doing a DFU mode restore now. I'll probably just forego the rest of the beta releases. The changes are nice, but not as interesting as the macOS changes.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Fidonet127Fidonet127 Posts: 507member
    Your article on the developer release is only one day old as of today. I was expecting it on Friday due to the last two day wait. 

• Reply 5 of 9
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Like iOS 13.6, you still cannot search backward over a year from the Calendar app. The bug has been there for years! Do something, Apple!
    PetrolDave
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Scot1Scot1 Posts: 121member
    TvOS beta is available in Canada for public. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 7 of 9
    gilly33gilly33 Posts: 434member
    Yep weather in Smart Stack is blacked out. Other than that this update is running well on my iPhone XS Max. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Fidonet127Fidonet127 Posts: 507member
    Weather in Smart Stack is working fine here, though it was black for a short period after the upgrade. 
    llama
  • Reply 9 of 9
    dayedaye Posts: 18member
    I am  I the only one who hate the néw music app icon?