Billie Eilish documentary release on Apple TV+ set for February 2021

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    I rather liked the Beastie Boys documentary, and I'm not a BB fan (I do like some songs). Same with Eilish - I'll watch it to get her background.

Expand your horizons!

foregoneconclusionlolliver
  • Reply 22 of 31
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,119member
    Is she ptotic? Droopy eyelids in every picture...
    Not that, but apparently “ She has revealed that she lives with Tourette syndrome and depression and experiences synesthesia.“
  • Reply 23 of 31
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    fred1 said:
    Beats said:
    What STUPID and IGNORANT comments.

Apple scores a documentary of one of the biggest female artists and everyone is bi***ing? This is a complete 180 of Oprah and you guys still complain.

When I read the headline I thought "finally! Something that appeals to the masses" and I read nothing but complaints from people who stopped following music 50 years. So let me get this straight, you guys complain that Apple TV+ doesn't have enough subscribers and yet complain if they appeal to the masses.
    Well, at least you can accept other people’s thoughts and opinions on a subject without being overly critical! That’s so sweet. It’s too bad that you failed to understand that I and others are not dissing the artist, but the way this documentary seems to have been made, judging from the trailer. Thank you for maintaining a civil level of dialogue. /s /s / s
    Exactly.  Who is "bitching"?  I have nothing against BE.  I listened to her tunes after she won the Apple Music awards and I rather like them.

Also, I have no problem with Apple having a documentary about her.  If people want to watch that, awesome.

But it's rather silly comment-worthy that there is a documentary about an artist this early in her career.  

I thought the same. She's 18 years old with 1 album, 1 live album and a couple of EP's.  She needs a documentary? I have nothing against her,her singing or her brother's producing but a documentary?  B)  Apple trying to pull the younger kids in .. can't be mad at that.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    davdav Posts: 115member
    fred1 said:
     /s /s / s
    sarcasinception!  
  • Reply 25 of 31
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    If I was an Apple executive reading this I would be fairly worried about an ageing demographic. 

I for one, a 40+ year old man, don't like some of her stuff but  everything I wanted is cool. Great toon. And I am in no sense down with the kids. 
    edited September 2020 XedGG1mknelson
  • Reply 26 of 31
    XedXed Posts: 2,638member
    asdasd said:
    If I was an Apple executive reading this I would be fairly worried about an ageing demographic. 

I for one, a 40+ year old man, like everything I wanted. Great toon. And I am in no sense down with the kids. 
    Steve Jobs once made a comment about old, crotchety people don't really matter in the grand scheme of things since they're the first to die out. It may have been when he made the Wayne Gretzky reference.
    edited September 2020 lolliver
  • Reply 27 of 31

fred1 said:
    Beats said:
    What STUPID and IGNORANT comments.

Apple scores a documentary of one of the biggest female artists and everyone is bi***ing? This is a complete 180 of Oprah and you guys still complain.

When I read the headline I thought "finally! Something that appeals to the masses" and I read nothing but complaints from people who stopped following music 50 years. So let me get this straight, you guys complain that Apple TV+ doesn't have enough subscribers and yet complain if they appeal to the masses.
    Well, at least you can accept other people’s thoughts and opinions on a subject without being overly critical! That’s so sweet. It’s too bad that you failed to understand that I and others are not dissing the artist, but the way this documentary seems to have been made, judging from the trailer. Thank you for maintaining a civil level of dialogue. /s /s / s
    Exactly.  Who is "bitching"?  I have nothing against BE.  I listened to her tunes after she won the Apple Music awards and I rather like them.

Also, I have no problem with Apple having a documentary about her.  If people want to watch that, awesome.

But it's rather silly comment-worthy that there is a documentary about an artist this early in her career.  
    That is a fair comment but it isnt one that most people were making here. It was Emo this, weirdo that, old men shouting at clouds. 
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Ocean Eyes is ok, too.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    byronl said:
    oh my god guys leave billie alone
    Do people call her “Bill” in formal settings?
    zeus423
  • Reply 30 of 31
    fred1 said:
    It’s too bad that you failed to understand that I and others are not dissing the artist, but the way this documentary seems to have been made, judging from the trailer.
    How you ascertain how the "documentary seems to have been made" based on a two second clip of her as a baby and zero other footage is beyond me.
    lolliverasdasd