Allow Comments for Tips

Posted:
in Feedback
Any chance you could open up comments for Tips. Sometimes there are follow-up questions or clarifications that might help all readers if answered by the author.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    mike1 said:
    Any chance you could open up comments for Tips. Sometimes there are follow-up questions or clarifications that might help all readers if answered by the author.
    The biggest problem we run into is AI regulars forgetting that AI is for all skill levels, saying "why are you writing this, we all know how to do it." Unfortunately, and we have many, many emails and communications saying that this poisons AI for new readers, which is bad.

This all said, you can email the author by clicking on the author's byline on the main site.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    I understand. E-mailing the author is a good option. Thanks for the response.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mike1 said:
    The biggest problem we run into is AI regulars forgetting that AI is for all skill levels, saying "why are you writing this, we all know how to do it." Unfortunately, and we have many, many emails and communications saying that this poisons AI for new readers, which is bad.

This all said, you can email the author by clicking on the author's byline on the main site.
    I understand the problem with allowing comments. I have in fact emailed the author of a tip/How-to article that i found very informative...

Would it be possible to enable the "Like" and/or "Informative" vote buttons without having comments enabled? (Perhaps a differently named vote button -- maybe "Useful" or "Helpful" -- to avoid the question of why no comments). I would think having feedback as to the relative level of helpfulness that each tip has would be valuable to both AI and AI readers. If a tip has a lot of upvotes, it would give credit where credit is due, and might even encourage more readers to at least take a look, even if they think they already know enough about the subject matter.