Abode Outdoor Smart Camera available to order, HomeKit coming soon

Posted:
in General Discussion
Abode's Outdoor Smart Camera that debuted at CES 2020 is now up for preorder with shipping slated to begin at the beginning of November.

Abode Outdoor Smart Camera
Abode Outdoor Smart Camera

Earlier this year, we got our first hands-on look at the Abode Outdoor Smart Camera and were pleased with its design and functionality. It can be mounted in many locations with the included hardware, including hardwired as a video doorbell using your existing doorbell wiring. It can also be mounted on its own.

It is able to integrate into the excellent, and HomeKit-enabled, Abode Iota Security System which helps make your security system more reliable with the additional sensors.

Abode Smart Outdoor Camera has infrared night vision, a PIR motion sensor, two-way communication, a 152-degree field of view, and soon, facial recognition.

For HomeKit users, Abode has submitted the Smart Outdoor Camera for HomeKit certification and it will roll out in a future firmware update once complete.

Up for preorder now for $159, users can save $40 off the full retail price of $199 when it becomes available at the beginning of November.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    That name cracks me up, especially as I am slightly lysdexic anyway.
    buttesilvernetroxbeowulfschmidtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,291member
    MacPro said:

OMG. I thought it was Adobe the first few times I looked at it too. LOL
    buttesilvernetroxchristopher126watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Does the expected Homekit compatibility include the HK secure video recording?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MacPro said:
    I'm not and I thought it was Adobe!
    That aside, I won't buy anything that says "HomeKit coming soon".  Call me when it IS HomeKit compatible!
    bonobobcornchipnetroxwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,730member
    MacPro said:
    I'm not and I thought it was Adobe!
    That aside, I won't buy anything that says "HomeKit coming soon".  Call me when it IS HomeKit compatible!
    Maybe that's why I see it lol.
    netroxwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Thanks to Ring and Orbit I will never again get fooled into buying something that says Homekit is coming soon, unless I’m perfectly happy with it not having Homekit compatibility.
    beowulfschmidtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I saw Adobe as well.

I really want to install a few cameras on the outside of our house. But will only do it if they are HomeKit compatible. 
    watto_cobra