Apple releases singalong video for Apple TV+ 'Stillwater' theme song

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released a singalong video promoting its Apple TV animation "Stillwater," compiling clips from the show accompanied by the full version of its theme song performed by Kishi Bashi.

Stillwater Apple TV+

The two-and-a-half-minute video, posted to the Apple TV YouTube channel on Friday, plays through the entire Kishi Bashi song "Never Ending Dream," an easygoing folk tune. Karaoke-style lyrics accompany the singing at the bottom of the screen throughout the video.

The release of the video coincides with "Stillwater" being available to view on Apple TV+, with viewers offered six episodes of the relaxing animation series. The show is based on the Scholastic book series "Zen Shorts" by Jon J Muth, and aims to teach younger viewers the ability to manage their emotions.

The main characters are siblings Karl, Addy, and Michael, who are children that face various challenges each day. Their neighbor, a wise panda called Stillwater, gives examples and advice on things they can do, such as to change their point of view if they are upset or annoyed by an unexpected event or issue.

Starring James Sie, Judah Mackey, Eva Binder, and Tucker Chandler, "Stillwater" is produced by Scholastic Entertainment and Gaumont. It is available to watch as part of the Apple TV+ subscription, which costs $4.99 per month, or free for a year with select Apple product purchases.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,245member
    Great animation. Poor choice of how the singer's voice sounds. The echo-y multi-voice sound just doesn't do justice for this song. I think if the sound of the voice was crisp and clear, it would make a big difference to the overall feel of the song.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'm sick of this propaganda that bears and children can live in harmony. Bears EAT children! This is just more of Apple's left wing agenda endangering our precious children.
    edited December 2020
  • Reply 3 of 3
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Would love to see this in 4K Dolby Vision.

The first digital Apple animation that looks good in my opinion which is a shame because Apple should be #1 in digital animation.