Apple highlights 'Le Peintre' short film shot entirely on iPhone 12 Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion
A new short film has appeared on the Apple France YouTube channel, created by French filmmaker J.B. Braud, and shot on the iPhone 12 Pro.

The short film, which is only a minute in length, follows a house painter as he gradually realizes he is the victim of a misunderstanding.

J.B. Braud, a Paris-based filmmaker, producer, and creative director, is known for his short film "In the Still Night," which has been shown at several film festivals worldwide.

The film stars Franc Bruneau, Mathilde Warnier, and Amalia Vairelli, with an original score by Anne Chemelewsky.

Braud will be hosting a digital "Today at Apple" session for the Paris region, according to Apple's French website. Fans and aspiring filmmakers can tune in during February to learn how Braud incorporates surrealism into his work, with a Q&A session to follow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    On a related note, I wish Apple TV would bring international TV shows to the streaming service.  Netflix does this to some degree with Spanish language content but for the most part none of the North American services do this well.  With the success of Tehran, Apple should expand on this offering.   I have a gut feeling that the Hollywood content gurus and providers are taking advantage of Apples deep pockets by offering substandard content at a premium.

With Apple’s global reach, they good bring established global content to the service.  Despite being subtitled, I am sure there are some sleeper hits out there and establish some global good will as well.
    martinxyz
  • Reply 2 of 2
    badmonk said:
    On a related note, I wish Apple TV would bring international TV shows to the streaming service.  Netflix does this to some degree with Spanish language content 
    The Platform. Amazing movie.