More supposed evidence of rumored next-generation Apple TV remote surfaces

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    omasou said:
    How would a Mute button improve upon the Pause/Play button?

When I need to mute it is b/c I need to attend to something. So I would want to stop playback at the same time.
    Other use cases exist.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Here is a link to the Function101 remote that I bought a while back. The Swiss internet company Salt came out with a TV streaming service several years ago that required an Apple TV. Users refused to sign up until Salt and Apple came up with and agreed upon an acceptable remote. 

• Reply 23 of 27
    tpurdytpurdy Posts: 40member
    I like the current remote, but I’m excited for whatever is next. Definitely needs to work with the Find My app, ideally has wireless charging, and I wouldn’t mind being able to customize functions for a long press on some of the buttons (maybe input switching or mute). 

While we’re at it, I’d love to get tighter integration between my Apple TV and Siri on my HomePod, add FaceTime somehow, more iCloud (like calendar, reminders, etc.), and more screensavers (maybe they can give us new ones every season to look forward to). 
    edited March 2021
  • Reply 24 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    crowley said:
    I hope they ditch touch completely.  A simple switch out of touch for a four directional buttons in a + formation would solve 99% of my issues with the remote.
    No way, the touch is the best part. Swipe scrubbing is 100% better than clicking a D-pad. Not sure what your issue is but adjust the sensitivity if you’re having trouble. 
  • Reply 25 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member

Wgkrueger said:
    omasou said:
    How would a Mute button improve upon the Pause/Play button?

When I need to mute it is b/c I need to attend to something. So I would want to stop playback at the same time.
    I’d say the mute button was designed to mute the sound during playback. Commercials in YouTube and Amazon (and others but I pay to remove those). Overly loud music and sound effects in movies. There’s many times I want the show to keep playing without sound. 
    The volume controls are so quick to move up or down I find this use case odd. (I’m using it with HomePods tho, it adjusts down to silent very quickly). 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    There's a reason the Apple remote is in a drawer and everyone in my home uses either the Harmony remote, or the Harmony app.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Apple should do the world a solid and use a standard Bluetooth spec for the Apple Remote so that we can buy a big ugly remote for $10 from any Chinese company that can used in the dark and won't slide between the seat cushions.
    muthuk_vanalingam