2021 iPad Pro models set to launch on May 21 and 22, says leaker

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2021
Leaker Jon Prosser claims to have new info on the release date for the new M1 iPad Pro models Apple announced last week, pointing to May 21 and 22 for the launch.

Leaker Jon Prosser says new iPad Pro models will launch on May 21 and 22
Leaker Jon Prosser says new iPad Pro models will launch on May 21 and 22

Prosser says he's hearing the 12.9-inch iPad Pro will release on May 21, and the new 11-inch iPad Pro will launch on May 22.

The leaker acknowledged how unusual it would be for Apple to stagger two product releases a day apart, prefacing the dates in his tweet by saying, "Kinda weird but this is what I'm hearing." He added a "thinking-face" emoji.

The YouTube personality has a recent history of Apple leaks, beginning in late 2019. While he has gotten some details wrong, his overall accuracy history is still relatively high.

Kinda weird... but this is what I'm hearing

iPad Pro launch

11" - May 22
12.9" - May 21

-- Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser)

Apple announced the new iPad Pro models at its "Spring Loaded" event. The 2021 iPad Pro receives a significant performance boost from the M1 chip found in the latest Macs. The 12.9-inch model also includes a Liquid Retina XDR display with mini LED tech.

When Apple announced the tablets, it said customers could pre-order them on April 30 with "second half of May" availability.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    siretmansiretman Posts: 117member
    When do we order the iPad Pro on April 30?
    12:00 am or 5:00 am?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ZirlinZirlin Posts: 19member
    Billions of dollars in R&D money and Apple still can't figure out that we all want the MacOS on the iPad Pro. SMH!
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 3 of 7
    siretmansiretman Posts: 117member
    Zirlin said:
    Billions of dollars in R&D money and Apple still can't figure out that we all want the MacOS on the iPad Pro. SMH!
    “We all want MacOS on iPad Pro”? When one uses all, none, never and always, I ignore the rest of the comment. 
    tmayuraharaomar moraleswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    WgkruegerWgkrueger Posts: 352member
    Zirlin said:
    Sorry but you’re not seeing what Apple sees. Given their enormous success so far with their vision for the iPad I’m thinking they know what they’re doing. BTW, I’m not part of the “we all” as I do not want macOS on the iPad.
    tmayuraharaJapheywatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Zirlin said:
    The only thing I want and need is a cute puppy. 
    Wgkruegerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Zirlin said:
    I don’t.  I’ve not talked to anyone that fits that statement either.  

watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    XDR iPad Pro is impressive, but too large for my needs. Will have to be patient for next year’s XDR release for 11-inch model.
    watto_cobra