LeBron James seemingly spotted with unannounced 'Beats Studio Buds'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2021
LeBron James was recently spotted wearing what appear to be Apple's currently unreleased "Beats Studio Buds" in an Instagram post.

Credit: LeBron James
Credit: LeBron James

In a post on Wednesday, James appeared to be wearing white Beats Studio Buds. Although the images don't give us a good look at the headphones, they're easy enough to spot because they don't have ear wraps like other headphones in the Beats By Dre lineup.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by LeBron James (@kingjames)

Evidence of the new "Beats Studio Buds" first surfaced within an iOS 14.6 beta earlier in May. Those images suggested that the Beats headphones would have a form factor similar to earbuds made by Samsung or Google, and could be offered in black, white, and red.

The existence of "Beats Studio Buds" was also confirmed by a filing with the Federal Communications Commission on Monday.

On Tuesday, supposed real-world images showing the rear casing of the upcoming earbuds were shared by a Twitter leaker and MySmartPrice, though the site noted that it couldn't verify the authenticity of the images.

Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Geez this guy is worse than Lil Wayne. Samsung pays him to use Sammy products and he accidentally advertises Apple more than Sammy.
    edited May 2021
  • Reply 2 of 15
    You mean LeFlop don’t you…..plays great BasketBall when he’s not flopping….or playing a drama Queen with over blown injuries!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,251member
    Now that’s some privilege. 
    linuxhead64
  • Reply 4 of 15
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    Should we infer that "Beats Studio Buds" will be announced on June 7, which is the date of the next major Apple "event"?
    genovelle
  • Reply 5 of 15
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Oh brother…
  • Reply 6 of 15
    CloudTalkinCloudTalkin Posts: 916member
    Beats said:
    Geez this guy is worse than Lil Wayne. Samsung pays him to use Sammy products and he accidentally advertises Apple more than Sammy.
    He's not accidentally advertising Apple.  James still has an endorsement deal with Beats.  He even had a small stake in Beats when Apple acquired it.  Afaik, he doesn't have exclusivity deals with Apple or Samsung.  It's not like his Pepsi (new) - Coke (old) deal.
    Ofer
  • Reply 7 of 15
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Should we infer that "Beats Studio Buds" will be announced on June 7, which is the date of the next major Apple "event"?

That’s what we’d assume but Apple doesn’t announce Beats at their events. Though I’d invite that idea. The Beats brand is bigger than some of their own Apple-branded products and services so it seems dumb that they treat Beats like a step child.

Beats said:
    He's not accidentally advertising Apple.  James still has an endorsement deal with Beats.  He even had a small stake in Beats when Apple acquired it.  Afaik, he doesn't have exclusivity deals with Apple or Samsung.  It's not like his Pepsi (new) - Coke (old) deal.

I forgot about his Beats endorsement. I still find it funny how Samsung’s deals backfire. He had a Samsung deal. I just like watching them backfire.

My favorite one from LeBron:
    https://www.cultofmac.com/269772/samsung-celebrity-spokesman-lebron-james-says-galaxy-note-makes-sick/
  • Reply 8 of 15
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Beats said:

That’s what we’d assume but Apple doesn’t announce Beats at their events. Though I’d invite that idea. The Beats brand is bigger than some of their own Apple-branded products and services so it seems dumb that they treat Beats like a step child.
    The demographic and branding of Apple compared to Beats is very different.  Many of the people who proudly display Beats headphones wouldn't be caught dead showing off Apple products (and vice versa).  It makes sense that they don't want the two directly connected.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    <Gru voice>Um....question. How sure are we that these are Beats, not some other brand?</Gru voice>

I'm certainly not ruling it out, but the images don't appear hi-res enough to tell.  I guess if anyone is getting them early, it's The Flopper.  :)  
  • Reply 10 of 15
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    A well orchestrated “leak”
  • Reply 11 of 15
    CloudTalkinCloudTalkin Posts: 916member
    sdw2001 said:
    <Gru voice>Um....question. How sure are we that these are Beats, not some other brand?</Gru voice>

I'm certainly not ruling it out, but the images don't appear hi-res enough to tell.  I guess if anyone is getting them early, it's The Flopper.  :)  
    We can be reasonable certain. James has a Beats endorsement contract.  I also don't think there have ever been images of James in any other headphones besides Beats or maybe AirPods.  True, I only did a cursory search but dude almost exclusively rocks Beats.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    LeftyLisa said:
    You mean LeFlop don’t you…..plays great BasketBall when he’s not flopping….or playing a drama Queen with over blown injuries!
    Flopping is what all the stars do to get a call in today's NBA. You obviously have never watched James Harden play. B) Overblown injuries? He's one of the most durable athlete's of all time as far as injuries and games missed. His only significant time out has been in the last 3 years. Year 16 ( groin tear ) year 18 ( High ankle sprain ).

• Reply 13 of 15
    jcs2305 said:
    LeftyLisa said:
    Flopping is what all the stars do to get a call in today's NBA. 
    I presume that's also the word for what most soccer players do when they collide with other players. That's probably the main reason I don't watch soccer... its fakery reminds me of professional wrestling. There are various kinds of deception used in many team or multi-competitor sports (like running or cycling), and for that reason I'm starting to enjoy and watch sports where there is only one player on the field at any time, like high jumping, pole vaulting and long jumping. I haven't seen any deception or fakery in those sports yet. It's harder to cheat when you are alone against the elements. Now that I think about it, maybe I should also watch javelin throwing, discus throwing, etc.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Isn't it inappropriate for LeBron James to wear a T-shirt promoting mass murder and/or random violence? Is he a Democrat?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I see an epic class action suite on the go soon as Apple Beats is not treating all customers on a level playing field. This guy has special hardware and software I can not have /s