Steve Jobs biographer Walter Isaacson is writing Elon Musk's biography

Posted:
in General Discussion
Elon Musk says Walter Isaacson will write his biography, the author behind biographies of people like Steve Jobs, Henry Kissinger, and Ben Franklin.

Steve Jobs biographer to write Elon Musk biography

The prolific biographer Walter Isaacson has written about some of history's most famous people and will soon add Elon Musk to that list. Musk announced the existence of the biography in a Tweet on Thursday.

If you're curious about Tesla, SpaceX & my general goings on, @WalterIsaacson is writing a biography

-- Elon Musk (@elonmusk)

The process for writing the biography has already begun, as Musk says Isaacson has been shadowing him for days. However, there is still a chance of an autobiography being written in the future.

Walter Isaacson is best known in the tech industry for writing the Steve Jobs biography. The book went on to become a movie directed by Danny Boyle and written by Aaron Sorkin.

Isaacson has been vocal about Apple and it's decisions in recent history. In one interview he said Apple Park was Apple's best-designed product in 15 years, and that the company lacks a product visionary.

More recently, Isaacson called Apple a "force for good" when it comes to user privacy. He said Steve Jobs should be a model for how people approach technology in the modern age.

The Elon Musk biography has only begun being written, so there is no known release date or title at this time.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Elon: <takes a long drag> yeah and the autopilot like rammed the dude into a tractor trailer man, we were like wohaaa!
    Walter: hmm, and how did that make you feel?
    Elon: dunno man, kinda like when the armored glass was smashed?! But dude, like right now... I mean right now I'm like stoned, haha
    AI_liaswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    sricesrice Posts: 120member
    Bad choice.

StrangeDaysKTRwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 11
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

For whom?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

Funny how we peasants and members of the underclass deal with our jealousy. Musk is one for the business ages just like Jobs, Gates,  Rockefeller, Edison, Westinghouse, Tesla, Carnegie, etc.
    mariowincoGeorgeBMacjony0
  • Reply 5 of 11
    neilm said:
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

For whom?
    Musk. The Jobs bio was not well done.
    jony0
  • Reply 6 of 11
    lkrupp said:
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

Funny how we peasants and members of the underclass deal with our jealousy. Musk is one for the business ages just like Jobs, Gates,  Rockefeller, Edison, Westinghouse, Tesla, Carnegie, etc.
    wrong take. I am a huge Musk fan and have quite a large TSLA options position on at the moment.  I am not a fan of Issacson's work.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    srice said:
    neilm said:
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

For whom?
    According to you?  I read the bio and thought is was well done.  Be specific.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 8 of 11
    KTRKTR Posts: 279member
    Elon Musk says Walter Isaacson will write his biography, the author behind biographies of people like Steve Jobs, Henry Kissinger, and Ben Franklin.

The prolific biographer Walter Isaacson has written about some of history's most famous people and will soon add Elon Musk to that list. Musk announced the existence of the biography in a Tweet on Thursday.

If you're curious about Tesla, SpaceX & my general goings on, @WalterIsaacson is writing a biography

-- Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
    No plans to read it
    edited August 2021 JanNL
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Something Elon’s not telling us?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    lkrupp said:
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

Well, not Tesla.   He changed the world as much or more than any of the others -- then died broke and discredited.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    srice said:
    neilm said:
    srice said:
    Bad choice.

For whom?
    I disagree.   His Jobs bio was excellent -- as were his bio's of Franklin and Einstein.

Jobs chose him as his biographer after reading his biography of Ben Franklin.
    He gave him full rein to report it as he saw it -- there was no intent to produce a whitewashed biography. As with the other biographies, both the good and the bad were reported without bias or favor.

One of my favorite parts were his reporting of Steve and Woz's pranks.

edited August 2021