New DJI Mavic 3 drone boasts better cameras, longer flight time

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2021
DJI's highly anticipated Mavic 3 drone features dual high-resolution cameras, a 3-axis gimbal, and an omnidirectional sensor array to keep your flights crash-free even in challenging environments.

The Mavic 3 sports two cameras on a 3-axis gimbal -- the primary camera is a 20MP 5.1K wide-angle 4/3CMOS Hasselblad. This allows operators to shoot at 5.1K resolution and DCI 4K at 120 frames per second. It features 12.8 stops of dynamic range and an adjustable aperture from f/2.8 to f/11, allowing the drone to handle nearly any lighting condition.

The second camera is a 12MP telephoto that shoots in 4K at 30 fps and supports up to 4x digital zoom and 28x "hybrid" zoom.

The Mavic 3 is the first DJI drone to boast a 1080/60FPS live feed, which shows users a nearly identical video stream to what the Mavic 3 records in real-time.

The MicroSD card slot supports up to 2TB of additional storage and features 8GB of internal storage.

The Mavic 3 is capable of up to 46 minutes of flight time with a 9.3-mile transmission range. It includes an RC-N1 OcuSync 2.0 Remote. In addition, a 360-degree obstacle avoidance system prevents crashes during flight, even in environments with lots of obstacles.

Those interested can head to B&H Photo, where they can snag the DJI Mavic 3 starting at $2,199.

The DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo adds the ability to use the Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec, and it bumps the internal storage from 8GB to a 1TB SSD and is available to preorder for $4,999.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Fred257Fred257 Posts: 237member
    What does this have anything to do with Apple?
    AI_lias
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Fred257 said:
    What does this have anything to do with Apple?
    DJI drones are in the Apple accessory store. https://www.apple.com/us/search/drone?src=alp
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have their Mini 2; I love it.  It's such a sweet little aircraft.  Working on my Part 107 license now so that I can actually post the pics I take without worry.