Apple TV+ renews true crime series 'Truth Be Told' for a third season

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2021
Apple TV+ has renewed its award-winning drama series "Truth Be Told," which stars Octavia Spencer, for a third season.

Truth Be Told series
Truth Be Told series

"Truth Be Told" is based on the novel by Kathleen Barber and focuses on true crime podcasts. It stars Spencer as podcaster Poppy Scoville, "who risks everything -- including her life -- to pursue truth and justice."

The series "provides a unique glimpse into America's obsession with true crime podcasts and challenges its viewers to consider the consequences when the pursuit of justice is placed on a public stage," Apple said.

The second season of the series introduced Kate Hudson in her first lead role in a television series.

"Truth Be Told" is Nichelle Tramble Spellman and produced by Hello Sunshine, Chernin Entertainment, and Endeavor Content. For season three, Maisha Closson serves as writer and executive producer.

Alongside Spencer, Spellman, and Closson, Reese Witherspoon, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, Lauren Neustadter, and Mikkel Norgaard also serve as executive producers.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Fantastic! This show is really special. I live in the Bay Area where it’s filmed so I’m biased 
    leavingthebigg
  • Reply 2 of 3
    👍 good news.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I tried to watch this early during the pandemic and couldn’t get into it. Then decided to try again and I got addicted! I finished both seasons! The acting is top notch! And the story keeps you hooked!